Hundreds arrested in Ky. prescription...

Hundreds arrested in Ky. prescription crackdown

There are 9 comments on the Dayton Daily News story from Oct 29, 2009, titled Hundreds arrested in Ky. prescription crackdown. In it, Dayton Daily News reports that:

More than 300 people were arrested and 200 more targeted in a crackdown on a multi-state prescription pill pipeline, a bust that Kentucky officials said Thursday was the largest in the state's history.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dayton Daily News.

shutdown

Phelps, KY

#1 Nov 1, 2009
I hope these scumbag doctors quit writing prescriptions to people from Kentucky!
timmy

Youngstown, OH

#2 Nov 1, 2009
Did they run out of SHINE ?
jas

Continental, OH

#3 Nov 1, 2009
Pills are a problem everywhere. Our office does random blood tests on patients who are given pain pills. If they don't have it in their system, they are probably selling it, and will be discharged from the practice.
shutdown

Phelps, KY

#4 Nov 1, 2009
Hard to do blood tests when you have 75 people in the lobby and you just give them a prefilled script. Its medically impossible to justify 500 pills for one person such as 250 oxys 250 methadone.
jas

Continental, OH

#5 Nov 2, 2009
shutdown wrote:
Hard to do blood tests when you have 75 people in the lobby and you just give them a prefilled script. Its medically impossible to justify 500 pills for one person such as 250 oxys 250 methadone.
our office is not that big. But I agree with you. Huge prescriptions of narcotics should be stopped. I understand some people need that many for severe chronic pain, say from an auto accident or whatever, but I believe the prescription should come from a pain management office, and include physical therapy. These pills are addictive, and should not be handed out everytime someone pulls a muscle. It is too hard to break the habit once started.
itworks

Bellefonte, PA

#6 Nov 2, 2009
this problem I feel stems from the company that makes the drug. With new drugs only certain doctors can write them out. Other doctors cant, and dont know about their existence.

Oxycontin for example was originally marketed to general practitioners and family doctors to help with all sorts of pain including arthritis pain and things of that nature, and the reps made up their own info, and never spoke of the addiction, abuse potential, nor how dangerous it could be. Hence the law suits to purdue pharm. Yes people who go to the right doctors might still do stupid shit, but they now require random urine tests in all states to patients on schedule II narcs.
yea

Phelps, KY

#7 Nov 2, 2009
itworks wrote:
this problem I feel stems from the company that makes the drug. With new drugs only certain doctors can write them out. Other doctors cant, and dont know about their existence.
Oxycontin for example was originally marketed to general practitioners and family doctors to help with all sorts of pain including arthritis pain and things of that nature, and the reps made up their own info, and never spoke of the addiction, abuse potential, nor how dangerous it could be. Hence the law suits to purdue pharm. Yes people who go to the right doctors might still do stupid shit, but they now require random urine tests in all states to patients on schedule II narcs.
How are you going to randomly test someone who is traveling 600 miles to a Doctor? Get them to fedex it?
keo

Prestonsburg, KY

#8 Nov 2, 2009
hey u all can go to hell i am in ky there are more pill heads where u are not here
jas

Continental, OH

#9 Nov 5, 2009
yea wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you going to randomly test someone who is traveling 600 miles to a Doctor? Get them to fedex it?
The prescription will not be refilled until the test is taken and they pass. If they fail the urine test, then they do a blood test. I'm not sure about anywhere else, but in our office, the patient has to pick up a narcotics prescription in person, show photo ID and sign a paper.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florida Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gov. Scott Signs Bill To Grant In-State Tuition... (Jun '14) 12 hr Loose Walls 93
News 5 lessons activists can learn from Florida's su... Wed southern at heart 7
News Betsy DeVos picked for education secretary Dec 3 Rub Off 5
News Jeb Bush Bashes Donald Trump After Debate - Def... (Sep '15) Dec 1 Self Deportation 2
News Trump, Clinton campaigns watch for Matthew's im... Nov 29 Pulte Himmler 4
News Trump Hits Clinton on Emails, Bush on Iraq (Aug '15) Nov 23 Pardoner in Chief 3
News Jeb Bush defends brother, says George W. Bush '... (Sep '15) Nov 21 New World Order 15
More from around the web