Have Florida's specialty license plat...

Have Florida's specialty license plates hit a crossroad?

There are 5 comments on the The News-Press story from Apr 24, 2013, titled Have Florida's specialty license plates hit a crossroad?. In it, The News-Press reports that:

POLL: Of Florida's top 10 specialty license plates, which would you hate to see discontinued? PHOTOS: Top 10 Florida specialty license plates PHOTOS: Bottom 10 Florida specialty license plates Florida drivers face a dizzying array of specialty license plates to choose from -- 120 designs to be exact with at least three more under review in the ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The News-Press.

UNHAPPY CUSTOMER

Houston, TX

#1 May 29, 2013
I ORDERED SPECIALTY PLATES OVER 6 WEEKS AGO, NOT PERSONALIZED AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE PLATES.
2 WEEKS AGO I WAS TOLD THEY WERE BEING PLACED IN THE MAIL.
LAST WEEK I WAS TOLD HE WOULD KNOW SOMETHING THE FOLLOWING MORNING.
NOW THEY WILL NOT RESPOND TO MY MULTIPLE REQUESTS FOR A STATUS.
I AM BEGINNING TO THINK THEY WENT OUT OF BUSINESS AND HAVE KEPT MY MONEY.(THEY ARE NOT THE DMV... THEY ARE PRIVATELY OWNED)
GOOD LUCK IF YOU DEAL WITH THEM.
Danny

Fort Collins, CO

#3 Aug 23, 2013
UNHAPPY CUSTOMER wrote:
I ORDERED SPECIALTY PLATES OVER 6 WEEKS AGO, NOT PERSONALIZED AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE PLATES.
2 WEEKS AGO I WAS TOLD THEY WERE BEING PLACED IN THE MAIL.
LAST WEEK I WAS TOLD HE WOULD KNOW SOMETHING THE FOLLOWING MORNING.
NOW THEY WILL NOT RESPOND TO MY MULTIPLE REQUESTS FOR A STATUS.
I AM BEGINNING TO THINK THEY WENT OUT OF BUSINESS AND HAVE KEPT MY MONEY.(THEY ARE NOT THE DMV... THEY ARE PRIVATELY OWNED)
GOOD LUCK IF YOU DEAL WITH THEM.
Did you finally get your Plate? I also ordered from them about 4 weeks ago,(I got their link directly through my university here in Florida) and have called and emailed them at least 20 times and still no reply. I even went to the address and they couldn't tell me the status of the plate becuase the owner was not there. I'm going to call my bank and see if I can get my money back. I feel like I've been scammed. I would not be surprised if myfloridaspecialtyplate.com is running a scam.
SCAM

West Palm Beach, FL

#5 Aug 28, 2013
I believe this seller, Michael Towner of Myplatefl.com , to have committed outright fraud against me as I have attempted to contact this seller several times via phone AND email over the period of the last month and they have refused to reply or acknowledge me. I ordered a specialty plate/ tag for my wife's vehicle plus a two year tag renewal and did not receive either. I waited the requisite 60 days. I placed this order back in May. It is now August and have yet to receive a reply. Today I was forced to purchase a 1 year renewal from the state for my wife's existing plate as it expires at midnight tonight. I will be reporting this seller to the the appropriate authorities for acts of fraud. This is a scam! Do not use them!
Not Happy

Tampa, FL

#6 Mar 18, 2014
SCAM wrote:
I believe this seller, Michael Towner of Myplatefl.com , to have committed outright fraud against me as I have attempted to contact this seller several times via phone AND email over the period of the last month and they have refused to reply or acknowledge me. I ordered a specialty plate/ tag for my wife's vehicle plus a two year tag renewal and did not receive either. I waited the requisite 60 days. I placed this order back in May. It is now August and have yet to receive a reply. Today I was forced to purchase a 1 year renewal from the state for my wife's existing plate as it expires at midnight tonight. I will be reporting this seller to the the appropriate authorities for acts of fraud. This is a scam! Do not use them!
What was the outcome?
Very Unhappy Customer

Long Island City, NY

#7 Jun 16, 2014
I've had similar experiences to those outlined above. I purchased a specialty plate from this company back in January and still don't have it. I've sent numerous e-mails, faxes, etc., and have received no response. I also believe that this "business" and its owner, Michale Towner, are fraudulent and scammers. I'm reporting them to as many agencies as I can. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florida Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Marco Rubio, in reversal, will seek re-election... Thu He Named Me Black... 5
News Trump's campaign spends $6 million with Trump c... Thu Chilli J 7
News 2 Floridas emerge in attitudes toward LGBT comm... Thu JohnInToronto 2
News The five biggest surprises of the 2016 election Jun 12 Elise Gingerich 2
News Politics 2010BUD Chiles, Son of "Walkin' Lawton... Jun 10 laughing at the c... 2
News Jeb Bush defends brother, says George W. Bush '... (Sep '15) Jun 3 John Beener 10
News Dole says GOPers should fall in line behind Trump May 31 USA Suicide Watcher 7
More from around the web