5 things to watch for post-CPAC

Mar 16, 2013 Full story: 4029tv.com 15

Under a large banner that proclaimed "America's Future: The Next Generation of Conservatives," the Oak Ridge Boys and Lee Greenwood belted out tunes such as "The Wind Beneath My Wings" and "Elvira" over back-to-back nights at the just-wrapped Conservative Political Action Conference.

Full Story
Samson

New Rochelle, NY

#1 Mar 16, 2013
I'll watch for Republicans to keep blaming othes for the ruin they made of our country.
Your Ex

United States

#3 Mar 17, 2013
With an estimated 20-30% of Americans calling themselves Fundamentalist Christians, that's about the same % of the vote the GOP can expect in both 2014 & 2016, Their 4 day tent revival at CPAC was an amazing who's who of WTF.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#4 Mar 17, 2013
Samson wrote:
I'll watch for Republicans to keep blaming othes for the ruin they made of our country.
Wait, I thought blaming the past 4 years on Bush was a progressive thing.
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#5 Mar 17, 2013
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush's legacy is secure. That's one of the problems re-inventing the GOP.
Your Ex

United States

#6 Mar 17, 2013
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you think the last 'conservative' POTUS would've at least
Dropped by
To give the 'faithful'
A few words of encouragement?

The Left Coast

#7 Mar 17, 2013
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>Bush's legacy is secure. That's one of the problems re-inventing the GOP.
You might be right, however the best GW could do was raise the debt by $5T in 8 years. Obama has added $7T in a little over 4 years. I believe Obama's going to win this one, big time.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#8 Mar 17, 2013
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
The oblivious George W. Bush and his aides from Hell are truly at the bottom of the hole that was dug in the American landscape. Make no mistake, we are till suffering the effects of that malignancy.

The Left Coast

#9 Mar 17, 2013
Larry - Obama/Pelosi/Reid dug past GW in the first two years when they absolutely controlled the House, Senate and Presidency. However, I will agree with you that the 'Bush did it' excuse for failure is a classic

Location hidden

#10 Mar 17, 2013
RustyS wrote:
Larry - Obama/Pelosi/Reid dug past GW in the first two years when they absolutely controlled the House, Senate and Presidency. However, I will agree with you that the 'Bush did it' excuse for failure is a classic
What you omit is the fact that Democrats in Congress made the naive mistake of believing Bush's reasons for invading Iraq. That cost us dearly in lives and dollars. Bush's years of horror should not only remain a classic, but the fact that this country gave him a second term should redound to our everlasting shame.
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#11 Mar 17, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>What you omit is the fact that Democrats in Congress made the naive mistake of believing Bush's reasons for invading Iraq. That cost us dearly in lives and dollars. Bush's years of horror should not only remain a classic, but the fact that this country gave him a second term should redound to our everlasting shame.
The costs of Bush's middle eastern wars will accrue throughout the lifetimes of troops who served there. That's only eclipsed by the collapsed economy he handed off to Obama.'nuff said.

Location hidden

#12 Mar 17, 2013
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>The costs of Bush's middle eastern wars will accrue throughout the lifetimes of troops who served there. That's only eclipsed by the collapsed economy he handed off to Obama.'nuff said.
Agreed. Let's also include the costs to the families and friends of those whose lifetimes came to an end.

The Left Coast

#13 Mar 17, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>What you omit is the fact that Democrats in Congress made the naive mistake of believing Bush's reasons for invading Iraq. That cost us dearly in lives and dollars. Bush's years of horror should not only remain a classic, but the fact that this country gave him a second term should redound to our everlasting shame.
5 years and we're still in Afghanistan, working our way into Syria, Egypt and N Korea and Africa. Evidently we we've made the same re-election mistake again.

Location hidden

#14 Mar 17, 2013
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
5 years and we're still in Afghanistan, working our way into Syria, Egypt and N Korea and Africa. Evidently we we've made the same re-election mistake again.
In Afghanistan, we're cleaning up a Bush mess that should have been over long ago. I am not aware that we have started any wars in Syria, Egypt (part of Africa), or North Korea.

No, Rusty, by re-electing Obama, we are correcting the mistake.

The Left Coast

#15 Mar 17, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>In Afghanistan, we're cleaning up a Bush mess that should have been over long ago. I am not aware that we have started any wars in Syria, Egypt (part of Africa), or North Korea.
No, Rusty, by re-electing Obama, we are correcting the mistake.
The way it's going Obama will have a start in his 7th term.

Location hidden

#16 Mar 18, 2013
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
The way it's going Obama will have a start in his 7th term.
Fine, as long as he stays healthy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florida Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lindsey Graham on abortion ban: If pregnant mom... Wed Does Not Compute 1
Governor Rick Scott Encourages Floridians to Ce... Tue OrlandoChris 1
Political Reporter: Crist, Scott Race About Les... Tue OrlandoChris 1
Florida gubernatorial candidate Wyllie was in P... Sep 15 OrlandoChris 1
Gov. Scott could spend $100 million, race with ... Sep 14 OrlandoChris 1
Charlie Crist's party switch is like no other i... Sep 13 OrlandoChris 1
Gov. Scott's Lead Expands Over Crist in Florida Sep 13 OrlandoChris 1
•••

Florida Government People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE