Afro-American Historical Society files complaint with Attorney General

Feb 13, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Delaware Online

Afro-American Historical Society files complaint w...: Members of the Afro-American Historical Society filed a complaint with the state Attorney General's Office accusing Mayor James M. Baker of wrongly awarding $1 million to the Delaware Historical Society to establish a black heritage center.

Comments
101 - 104 of 104 Comments Last updated Apr 29, 2012
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2012

Judged:

Thank you. I was looking for some details from people involved. So now they finally got bailed out to pay a contractor for work which never should have been done.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2012

Judged:

@TractorFarmer, Why do you believe that the 'work should never have been done? Don't you think that historical restoration projects are important to preserving the memory of our shared American history? With your attitude Henry Dupont's Winterthur might have been sold to real estate developers , torn down, and replaced by an upscale strip mall and new access interstate highway. lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2012

That is the point. The school house 107C should have never been destroyed and had that huge addition put on it. It was the renovation that destroyed the history, not lack of funding. When they decided to build that addition, the history of the building was not taken into concideration at all. It was gutted to make a larger building. That is not historic preservation however you look at it. And all you have to do is drive by it to see that what was a small school building is now the facade of the new building. That is no way to preserve history.

The donations should go to taking that addition off the school house and restoring it to it's original size.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2012

And you bring up the DuPonts. Wasn't it one of them who provided the money to build 107C? They should have enough extra money to rebuild the school house a second time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Delaware Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lottery is fixed and they are robbing the peopl... (Aug '06) Aug 14 Ash 547
AAA Calls For Roadside Assistance On The Rise. (Jun '08) Aug 13 Eugene Dean 2
living in delaware (Jul '06) Jul 31 Brutus Buckeye 544
I wanted to Report Bad contractor (Oct '10) Jul '14 TDN 21
Delaware Lottery: More than $65,000 unclaimed Jun '14 lotteryagent 2
Messiah Yeshua needs to be revealed to His Jewi... Jun '14 Donna Lee 1
How Safe is the downtown area in Wilmington, DE? (Jun '07) Jun '14 Scary 63

Search the Delaware Forum:
•••