Afro-American Historical Society file...

Afro-American Historical Society files complaint with Attorney General

There are 104 comments on the Delaware Online story from Feb 13, 2012, titled Afro-American Historical Society files complaint with Attorney General. In it, Delaware Online reports that:

Afro-American Historical Society files complaint w...: Members of the Afro-American Historical Society filed a complaint with the state Attorney General's Office accusing Mayor James M. Baker of wrongly awarding $1 million to the Delaware Historical Society to establish a black heritage center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Delaware Online.

pke19808

Philadelphia, PA

#88 Mar 9, 2012
TrueBlueHen wrote:
Well, it's been about a month since I last visited this website. And it seems it is still all about 2 dysfunctional posters: PC19808 & FPR. Nothing has changed. The heading of this conversation makes it sound like a debate regarding funding & management issues for the African American Historical Society. But most of the postings follow the same crazy rants from 2 self-absorbed posters. Nothing has changed here.
What is wrong true Blue? The oppressive censorship on Talk Delaware
getting to you? At least the posters are free to say what they want on here, and not controlled by some egomaniac like Chase. I have been on and can see BobbyJo,Blufton,SC, Golden Horseshoe, PNGreen, PinkandGreen, Get Serious, StayRight(Banned), Centaurus, Tralee, Balleybunion and all her other fake screen names is bracing at the bit because she can't spew her tea party facist hatred. Chief Buck is skating close to the line, but being that they are of the extreme right-wing fringe, Chase allows them to get away with it. That is why I never went back on after I was banned for a week. Totally unfair and biased. NOTHING has changed here. You still have freedom of speech.
pke19808

Philadelphia, PA

#89 Mar 9, 2012
Ballybunion wrote:
And nothing will, you know the line, "Still stuck on stupid", well, if the shoe fits etc. Tossed off TD and they just can't seem to find another place to play.
Again BobbyJo,Blufton,SC, Golden Horseshoe, PNGreen, PinkandGreen, Get Serious, StayRight(Banned), Centaurus, Tralee, Balleybunion , you are an out and out stinking liar. That is why the tea party suits your dishonesty so much. Aren't you the same one that was on Delaware Online with all of these screen names? Didn't you also plot with other politically-minded posters to post under these fake screen names to harrass and attack ANYONE who dared to disagree with you? Stuck on stupid? You are stuck on psychotic and are a pathological liar. To straighten this out, Chase banned Me, Frontporch, Miss Mystic AND Tralee/Balleybunion for three days, the rest of us for a week. The reasons were less than
fair. After Tralee/BalleyBunion did her usual patetic whining and fuming, Chase caved. Also because of the fact that she is a financial supporter, and of like-minded politics she was reinstated within 3 hours. Why the preferential treatment of Tralee/Balley Bunion?? THAT never has been answered, ever. Her reputation as a nasty, attacking, intolerant,ditzy, housewife, moron preceeds her. She does have nerve talking about other people. Everytime she posts she makes herself a bigger joke, LOL.
Now posts some negative icons Tralee/Balley Bunion. Pathetic.
TractorFarmer

Hockessin, DE

#90 Mar 9, 2012
pke19808 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is YOUR goal here??? You keep asking the same questions and not receiving any answers. Which makes me doubt your sincerity, and makes me question if you are not one of the dysfunctional duo (Tralee/Balley Bunion, Extide) posting.
PS I see the crazy icon lady (Tralee/Balley Bunion) is busy posting icons in her typical mentally ill fashion. The woman is positively neurotic!!!
My goal is to learn more about the issue than the small amount which is included in any news articles. And I am looking for people familiar with the Afro American Historic Society to help explain what they do. And I am still searching for a website. The reason I keep asking is I keep looking and find nothing and nobody here is providing any info on the topic.

And again, I am not here to play screen name games. I don't find that the least bit exciting.
TractorFarmer

Hockessin, DE

#91 Mar 9, 2012
TrueBlueHen wrote:
Well, it's been about a month since I last visited this website. And it seems it is still all about 2 dysfunctional posters: PC19808 & FPR. Nothing has changed. The heading of this conversation makes it sound like a debate regarding funding & management issues for the African American Historical Society. But most of the postings follow the same crazy rants from 2 self-absorbed posters. Nothing has changed here.
Is this a new website? I was hoping for more local people here to discuss local topics with.

“Old 16th Graveyard hole”

Since: Nov 11

AOL

#94 Mar 10, 2012
TractorFarmer wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this a new website? I was hoping for more local people here to discuss local topics with.
I provided a link to a website about the African American Historical Society, that was the only one I found. If you are seriously looking for local people to discuss local topics, I suggest you come over to talkdelaware.com and join us. Unfortunately these two, Pikecreek and Frontporch drove off the rest of us with their posts, exactly what you see now from them, same old posts and rants and attacks and lies, so the rest of us went over to talkdelaware. We have nice discussions without all the vicious rejoiners to each and every comment and without the ugly icons they are both so fond of. Just honest conversations with people of all POV and interests. Since they were banned from coming back to TD they have invented this new story that while they were banned for only one week and "Decided" to not go back, the truth is that they snuck on with assumed names several times, got caught several times and were permanently banned from coming back. Chase has a rule, one person, one screen name, no alters and as he said, he will know. Well he did and publicly, on this site, let all of us know what they did and that they would not be welcomed back.

I post here now and then if a topic comes up that interests me, but mainly I am on TD. I find other topics of interest on the Wilmington site here now and then too. So, feel free to join us on TD but if you do, follow the rules. I hope to see you there.

Wilmington, DE

#96 Mar 10, 2012
TractorFarmer wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's not a new site -- seems to have been here a while. I was hoping for more info & discussion on local topics too but it gets weighed down by 2 dysfunctional posters. Very tedious, so I just check back in here from time to time to see if anything has improved. Good luck with your research on the African American Historical Society. I think they are a small grassroots group struggling to get something going -- much like the experiences of some of the other Wilmington ethnic groups, like the Polish-Americans & Italian-Americans.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#97 Mar 10, 2012
@TrueBlueHen,"African American Historical Society. I think they are a small grassroots group struggling to get something going" Far from a 'local, grassroots group' "In the early 1900's Pierre S. du Pont was appalled by the state of education for African American children in Delaware, so he decided to do something about it. "He found out in Delaware in the 19-teens, is that African Americans often did not get past sixth grade," says the Hagley Museum and Library's Roger Horowitz. "To him, this was going to hold back all of Delaware."

To solve the problem, du Pont funded the construction of 89 schools for African Americans throughout the state, at a cost of more than $6million out of his own pocket. The story of those schools and its graduates was the subject of a documentary produced by the Hagley Museum and Library.

The documentary, called A Separate Place, became a part of history itself, capturing interviews and insight from a who's-who of prominent Delaware African Americans who attended or worked at du Pont schools like Reverend Maurice J. Moyer, Littelton Mitchell, and artist Edward Loper."--

The African American Historical Society goes back to the 1900's! New ways to tell Delaware's African American history ...
But not everyone thinks the Historical Society is the best place to tell the history of African Americans in Delaware. Harmon Carey leads the Afro American Historical ...
www.newsworks.org/index.php/delaware/item/335... . "Harmon Carey leads the Afro American Historical Society and thinks the heritage center should be located at the Allied Kidd Building on Clifford Brown Walk. It's located near other African American historical landmarks like Howard High School.

"This district has been designated by the City of Wilmington as African American Heritage Zone. So we believe that having the Heritage Center in African American Heritage Zone just makes a lot of sense," Carey says.

But it's not just the location, Carey doesn't think the predominantly white Delaware Historical Society should be telling the story of African Americans. "I don't think the Jewish Community will let the Germans open up a heritage center at Thacile or Auschwitz. So one ethnic group can't tell the story of another, and that's what will happen if the Mayor has his way." He questions the Historical Society's ability to tell the emotional stories behind the facts. "It's almost as if they are trying to rewrite history to cleanse it, to 'white-wash it' if you will."

Josh Martin, an African American on the Heritage Center's advisory board disagrees with Carey. Martin was mentored by the first African American to be admitted to the Delaware bar, Lewis Redding. He says, "It is unfortunate that that negative veneer has been placed on this initiative but let's be clear, this story is going to be told by African Americans but as I said before, it's going to be integrated into the history of Delaware."
TractorFarmer

Hockessin, DE

#98 Mar 10, 2012
Thanks for the info frontporchreactionary.

Wilmington, DE

#99 Mar 10, 2012
TractorFarmer wrote:
Thanks for the info frontporchreactionary.
Glad you finally got an answer to your original question, TF ~ ;)
TractorFarmer

Hockessin, DE

#100 Mar 12, 2012
Freeing the slaves was as much of a white issue. It was white families who helped the slaves on to freedom on the underground railroad. It doesn't require being black to convey the conditions of life back then. Slaves weren't all mistreated. Of course their white owner's didn't think of them as civilized as they were, but they needed them to be healthy to work in the field. Many people were living here and not making money. Just to have a place to live and food was all most of the people living here had. Many farmers even today don't make money and have a rough life. Look at the size of the early row homes in cities. They were tiny for the number of people who lived there. And many people didn't have the freedom to do what they wanted. They were educated in what their family knew. That's the way life is in plenty of other countries today where people don't have the freedom to do what they want.

So it was in America. It was a new country and is changing all the time. Slavery is all in the past. It is a shame people still hold grudges and racist attitudes.
pKe19808

Philadelphia, PA

#101 Mar 12, 2012
Ballybunion wrote:
<quoted text>
I provided a link to a website about the African American Historical Society, that was the only one I found. If you are seriously looking for local people to discuss local topics, I suggest you come over to talkdelaware.com and join us. Unfortunately these two, Pikecreek and Frontporch drove off the rest of us with their posts, exactly what you see now from them, same old posts and rants and attacks and lies, so the rest of us went over to talkdelaware. We have nice discussions without all the vicious rejoiners to each and every comment and without the ugly icons they are both so fond of. Just honest conversations with people of all POV and interests. Since they were banned from coming back to TD they have invented this new story that while they were banned for only one week and "Decided" to not go back, the truth is that they snuck on with assumed names several times, got caught several times and were permanently banned from coming back. Chase has a rule, one person, one screen name, no alters and as he said, he will know. Well he did and publicly, on this site, let all of us know what they did and that they would not be welcomed back.
I post here now and then if a topic comes up that interests me, but mainly I am on TD. I find other topics of interest on the Wilmington site here now and then too. So, feel free to join us on TD but if you do, follow the rules. I hope to see you there.
Again BobbyJo,Blufton,SC, Golden Horseshoe, PNGreen, PinkandGreen, Get Serious, StayRight(Banned), Centaurus, Tralee, Balleybunion. All your phoney screen names. You have shown yourself to be the hypocritical pathological liar you are. You are also very good at stirring the pot and causing dissension wherever you go. That is why you have been thrown off of so many forums. I will answer your lies one at a time, so even a half-wit like yourself can understand.
You wrote:
I suggest you come over to talkdelaware.com and join us. Unfortunately these two, Pikecreek and Frontporch drove off the rest of us with their posts,

That is a lie. No one drove you off of here, you left. You and your cohorts weren't going to change this into your tea party facist right-wing blog.You tried and failed. Like true cowards when you were stood up to, you cut and ran. Can't tolerate honest argument.
You wrote:
Since they were banned from coming back to TD they have invented this new story that while they were banned for only one week and "Decided" to not go back, the truth is that they snuck on with assumed names several times, got caught several times and were permanently banned from coming back

That is an out and out stinking lie. I think you are so far gone you don't know the truth from lies. You truly ARE sick. I have NEVER had another screen name on Talk Delaware ever. I never heard Chase said I did. As far as screen names, didn't you have several that I listed on Delaware Online to harrass other posters who dared to disagree with you??? Answer, you coward. You also encouraged your cohorts to do the same??? You also were caught in the act by Frontporch.
As far as Chase he is very selective and political in applying "The Rules". Liberals are singled out for discrimination. You were banned too, remember, but after your whining he reinstated you after 3 hours. Because of your politics and financial support. Miss Mystic, Frontporch, and I were banned for a week. Why? And why were you reinstated? Never answered that. I was never accused of having an alternate, becuase I don't have one. Once again you are lying and making an azz of yourself. Get some help. I think you have come to the stage where you don't even know when you are lying. You are one of the abusers that caused Delaware Online to change their format. And like a true coward, when you had to give your identity, you cut and ran.
Typical tea party idiot.
Pke19808

Philadelphia, PA

#102 Mar 12, 2012
I see BobbyJo,Blufton,SC, Golden Horseshoe, PNGreen, PinkandGreen, Get Serious, StayRight(Banned), Centaurus, Tralee, Balleybunion, the sicko "icon lady" is busy posting negative icons again. Apparently all she does is watch this site all day. LOL.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#103 Mar 13, 2012
Blacks will always be frustrated if they think they can be like everyone else.

“Old 16th Graveyard hole”

Bluffton, SC

#104 Mar 13, 2012
chase wrote:
You guys are funny, the fcc, seriously? That's a good one. All of you guys got on td together, bashed a member, misused the rep system, and that member was a small party to it. You were all banned for a week, tralee for 3 days. Afterward she contacted me via the contact form, that everyone can use, to plead her case. I removed her ban after looking at the situation again.
After this, after i told you all i knew when people made alt names, a few of you tried it. I told you all i would know, and i did, and now whoever did that will never be on talk delaware again.
You can whine about it all you want here, we have simple rules, you broke them, get over it. I will not tolerate people signing up just to dog on others which is exactly what a few of you did.
Fwiw, you guys got me all wrong in re: to my views and politics.
Bye bye
Copy of reply Chase had re: You both being banned, I post another if I must, can the cover up, get on with your lives and play nicer next time and follow the rules. Now, do I need to post the note from Chase naming all your alter names? Hmmmmmmm?

PS - remember? My judge it icon has been on the fritz for about 2 months, your's apparently hasn't, LOL, childish is as childish does.

“Come Home America!”

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#105 Mar 13, 2012
Ballybunion, Chase, Give it up, Who do you think that you are trying to convince or fool by going on with your rubbish? You don't know me and you were not anywhere near www.talkdelaware.com for over five years that I was on there. I know why I was 'banned permanently' for a 'single offense' by Chase and it has nothing to do with you. I grated on too many of Chase's 'friends', his so-called administrators Gren Lantern and Opaliski who got tired of me one-upping them everytime , pointing out in lucid, well-argued posts the many fallacies in their views whether on global warming, US politics, philosophy, history , or current events. One too many times. Did Chase ever tell you why he was 'banned permanently ' from the old www.delawareonline.com forums ?(ie. frequent trolling, toxic remarks to other posters, etc.) Chase did admit to me in a private e-mail why he chose to ban me despite complaints from many posters I know personally and virtually on www.talkdelaware.com . He wanted a quirt, non-controversial , social network where politics in an election year did not ,as Chase put it, "upset some of the ladies" and thin-skinned, wimpy males like max1, epicwin, and curly.('it wouldn't be goo for their weak hearts') All you get now is sophomoric conspiracy bashing or giggling over who is going to more slavishly mimic the empty-headed FoxNews bimbos and bandied-legged roosters crowing at nowhere.:-)
TractorFarmer

Hockessin, DE

#106 Mar 13, 2012
You ladies can't stay on topic. It's freaky how you stalk random online posters in a news forum. Can you find nothing relative to say?
Pke 19808

Philadelphia, PA

#107 Mar 14, 2012
Ballybunion wrote:
<quoted text>
Copy of reply Chase had re: You both being banned, I post another if I must, can the cover up, get on with your lives and play nicer next time and follow the rules. Now, do I need to post the note from Chase naming all your alter names? Hmmmmmmm?
PS - remember? My judge it icon has been on the fritz for about 2 months, your's apparently hasn't, LOL, childish is as childish does.
Again Tralee/Balleybunion with all of your screen names. I only used ONE screen name on Talk Delaware. I doubt Chase was referring to me. You are an out and out liar, a pathological mentally ill one, at that. Post away, please. I never had another name. These are just more rumours and lies that you are an expert at. Only this time it will not work. You have been exposed so many times for what you are. A lonely old woman, that stalks anyone on the net that disagrees with her. As I said get some help. The fact that you say your "judge it" icon is broken? Just another lie to cover up. You are on here as soon as someone posts a comment. Don't you think people can see straight through your lies and BS??? You are an online bully and abuser, and FINALLY people are standing up to you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Pke 19808

Philadelphia, PA

#108 Mar 14, 2012
frontporchreactionary wrote:
Ballybunion, Chase, Give it up, Who do you think that you are trying to convince or fool by going on with your rubbish? You don't know me and you were not anywhere near www.talkdelaware.com for over five years that I was on there. I know why I was 'banned permanently' for a 'single offense' by Chase and it has nothing to do with you. I grated on too many of Chase's 'friends', his so-called administrators Gren Lantern and Opaliski who got tired of me one-upping them everytime , pointing out in lucid, well-argued posts the many fallacies in their views whether on global warming, US politics, philosophy, history , or current events. One too many times. Did Chase ever tell you why he was 'banned permanently ' from the old www.delawareonline.com forums ?(ie. frequent trolling, toxic remarks to other posters, etc.) Chase did admit to me in a private e-mail why he chose to ban me despite complaints from many posters I know personally and virtually on www.talkdelaware.com . He wanted a quirt, non-controversial , social network where politics in an election year did not ,as Chase put it, "upset some of the ladies" and thin-skinned, wimpy males like max1, epicwin, and curly.('it wouldn't be goo for their weak hearts') All you get now is sophomoric conspiracy bashing or giggling over who is going to more slavishly mimic the empty-headed FoxNews bimbos and bandied-legged roosters crowing at nowhere.:-)
Very good post Frontporch, expose BobbyJo,Blufton,SC, Golden Horseshoe, PNGreen, PinkandGreen, Get Serious, StayRight(Banned), Centaurus, Tralee, Balleybunion (all fake screen names that she HAS used or is using) for the fraud, liar, and manipulator she is.
How many times does she have to be made a fool of? As far as Talk Delaware, if you enjoy censorship and being dictated to, have fun. It's funny most of these right-wing fascists are always complaining about being "politically correct" and that essentially is what Talk Delaware has turned into. Tralee/Balleybunion and her cohorts are just desperate, having failed on so many forus. Now lets see how long Tralees/Balleybunion's "broken" "judge it" function takes her to post. What a liar,she is.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TractorFarmer

Hockessin, DE

#109 Mar 15, 2012
I still don't see what the Afro American Historic Society expects to gain by blocking the funding. Can't they be happy with a historic group getting funding and ask for their own funding also?

And is there any news on 107C? Did they find someone to give them money yet?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#110 Mar 16, 2012
I've given up TractorFarmer. Any attempt to discuss topics into which a perspective from political standpoint could be interjected is only met with howling accusations of racism or elitism as well as gratuitious assertions about a poster's character in an apparent attempt to derail the discussion.

Pke 19808, we get your drift. You don't like a couple of the posters here. That's life. Get over it, get on with it and do something to prove you can be of value to the discussion. I don't know you but I'm sure you have something worthwhile to provide other than ranting on about other posters names or opinions. How about offering your opinion on this matter to start?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delaware Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lottery is fixed and they are robbing the peopl... (Aug '06) Jun 28 Meangreen 581
I wanted to Report Bad contractor (Oct '10) Jun 23 Cuog 25
New Place for BBW's and their admirers (May '07) Jun 17 BBWCON 16
Help bring a Whole Foods Market to Newark, DE!! (Nov '13) Jun 10 Dene Jones 4
News Vice president's son Beau Biden dies at 46 of b... Jun '15 disgusted 5
h0rny female here May '15 Rozelle 1
Fixed and crooked NJ Lottery Apr '15 Kelly Mullarney 1
More from around the web