Gas Shortage?
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#43 Feb 1, 2012
Exxon CEO Whines About Push To Cut Big Oil's Subsidies, After ...
Exxon CEO Whines About Push To Cut Big Oil’s Subsidies, After Making $6.3 Billion Last Quarter.... Exxon-Mobil CEO Rex Tillerson, however,...
thinkprogress.org/economy/2010/05/10/173260/e ... "In its last two budgets, the Obama administration has proposed ending a series of tax subsidies collected by Big Oil companies. This year, the target is $36 billion in tax breaks, including nixing deductions that oil companies collect to write-off the cost of drilling. In light of the ongoing oil spill disaster in the Gulf of Mexico, it makes sense to reevaluate whether we want to be using the tax code to subsidize drilling for oil, particularly after oil companies reaped billions in profits during the first quarter of this year.

Last month, I spoke to Rep. Lloyd Doggett (D-TX), who characterized tax subsidies like those received by oil companies as “barnacles on the code” that aren’t fair to working people. "

Lloyd Doggett on Energy & Oil - OnTheIssues.org - Candidates ...
[Rep. Young, R-AK]: The Americans ... Ending Subsidies for Big Oil Act--denying a deduction for income attributable ... House and Senate candidates on Energy & Oil: Lloyd Doggett on other ...
www.ontheissues.org/TX/Lloyd_Doggett_Energy_ +...-"[Rep. Markey, D-MA]. In the first 3 months of this year, Exxon-Mobil made $10 billion off of the American consumer; Shell made $8 billion; BP made $7 billion. So what are these companies asking for? These companies are now asking that we open up the beaches of California, Florida & New England to drill for oil. People who live near those beaches don't want oil coming in the way it did in the Gulf of Mexico. Right now, those oil companies are centered down in the Gulf of Mexico. People are concerned because those companies have blocked any new safety reforms that would protect against another catastrophic spill. We have to oppose this bill because, first of all, they already have 60 million acres of American land that they haven't drilled on yet, which has about 11 billion barrels of oil underneath it and an equivalent amount of natural gas. This bill is just a giveaway to Exxon-Mobil and Shell.
Reference: Reversing Pres. Obama's Offshore Moratorium Act; Bill H.1231 ; vote number 11-HV320 on May 12, 2011 "

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#44 Feb 1, 2012
Fact Check: Under the Obama Administration Energy policy the United States became a net -exporter of petroleum products for the first time in 30 years. Further; Fact Check:" Doubling American Exports

The Obama administration is indeed on track to meet its goal of doubling exports by 2015. Exports have reached about $180 billion a month, according to Commerce Department data, up from $140 billion a month two years ago. They are currently growing at an annual pace of about 16 percent — a percentage point higher than necessary to double exports to $3.1 trillion. And growing exports have accounted for about half the nation's economic growth since the recession ended."

— Annie Lowrey, reporter

Clean Energy and Domestic Oil Resources : Fact Check: Where the Energy Is

An administration official declined to explain exactly what this potentially huge expansion of offshore activity meant, except to say that the Interior Department would be announcing new lease sales in the coming weeks. Those sales will not include areas the administration has already ruled off-limits, including most areas off Florida and along the Atlantic Coast, the official said, so it is not clear how the president reaches his target.

— John M. Broder, reporter

"We can also spur energy innovation with new incentives. The differences in this chamber may be too deep right now to pass a comprehensive plan to fight climate change. But there’s no reason why Congress shouldn’t at least set a clean energy standard that creates a market for innovation. So far, you haven’t acted. Well, tonight, I will. I’m directing my administration to allow the development of clean energy on enough public land to power 3 million homes. And I’m proud to announce that the Department of Defense, working with us, the world’s largest consumer of energy, will make one of the largest commitments to clean energy in history -– with the Navy purchasing enough capacity to power a quarter of a million homes a year."..." "Of course, the easiest way to save money is to waste less energy. So here’s a proposal: Help manufacturers eliminate energy waste in their factories and give businesses incentives to upgrade their buildings. Their energy bills will be $100 billion lower over the next decade, and America will have less pollution, more manufacturing, more jobs for construction workers who need them. Send me a bill that creates these jobs."~ from President Obama's State of the Union speech the other night.

President Obama urged Congress to "pass clean energy tax credits and create these jobs" The National Resources Defense Council's said it has been calling on Congress to pass a clean energy standard with a laser focus on wind, solar, and other renewable power resources. Wind power is on track to provide 20% of the nation's power by 2030(above the stagnant level of 19% for nuclear power despite the massive G W Bush/2005 Congress impressive taxpayer investment in a nuclear renaissance--which, of course,you know that Senator Barack Obama voted for)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delaware Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lottery is fixed and they are robbing the peopl... (Aug '06) Jan 14 douchbag killer 637
News Damion Neal is being sought in connection with ... (Nov '08) Jan 12 Quite 14
I wanted to Report Bad contractor (Oct '10) Jan 8 califgirl 28
Support U.s Artist Emcee D Unknoen Now Jan 7 Patrick Gilbride 1
New Place for BBW's and their admirers (May '07) Dec 30 taller 19
Anyone else need to lose some weight? Dec 20 Tired of being big 1
living in delaware (Jul '06) Nov '16 behsci 552
More from around the web