Unemployment rates drop in most states, Illinois climbs

May 17, 2013 | Posted by: Mr_Bill | Full story: www.reuters.com

Unemployment rates dropped in 43 out of the 50 U.S. states and in the District of Columbia in April from a year before, according to Labor Department data released on Friday.

A handful of states, including Illinois, Delaware, Indiana, Wisconsin, Mississippi and New Hampshire saw their jobless rates rise over the year. Illinois' rate fell in April to 9.3 percent from 9.5 percent in March but rose from 8.8 percent a year before.

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated May 18, 2013

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

The unemployment situation is horrible where I live. People are begging for work. Taking any crappy job they can get. The Churches are full of people asking what they should do. They are at the end of their rope. It's a catastrophe.
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

The economy here is amazing. Google, Apple, Facebook, Cisco, Tesla, Intel, ...everybody is hiring. A billion dollar stadium is nearly complete. High speed rail is breaking ground and San Francisco BART to San Jose is in the planning stage. The average house is back up to $710,000 in Santa Clara County. The recovery is booming.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

Lance Winslow wrote:
The economy here is amazing. Google, Apple, Facebook, Cisco, Tesla, Intel,...everybody is hiring. A billion dollar stadium is nearly complete. High speed rail is breaking ground and San Francisco BART to San Jose is in the planning stage. The average house is back up to $710,000 in Santa Clara County. The recovery is booming.
I hear you, another 20 years of this and we'll nearly be out of debt.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

Lance Winslow wrote:
The economy here is amazing. Google, Apple, Facebook, Cisco, Tesla, Intel,...everybody is hiring. A billion dollar stadium is nearly complete. High speed rail is breaking ground and San Francisco BART to San Jose is in the planning stage. The average house is back up to $710,000 in Santa Clara County. The recovery is booming.
How's Stockton doing, moron. You must think everyone is stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••