HIV Still Rampant Among Low-Income Black Women in D.C.

Jul 8, 2012 Full story: The Skanner 27

Two years ago, the District of Columbia struggled to get a grip on its burgeoning HIV/AIDS cases which had reached pandemic proportions among the heterosexual population, giving the city notoriety as the leading AIDS infected jurisdiction in the nation.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“about 2 be a mini me”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#1 Jul 8, 2012
I don't know what can be done that hasn't already been done
Prolly Racist

Augusta, GA

#2 Jul 8, 2012
turn all the clubs into libraries

more education less fornication
Les Samual

Houston, TX

#3 Jul 8, 2012
dirtydiamond wrote:
Education and free condoms don't work so yeah there's not much else that can be done. Hiv/Aids may well end the black race in America in 20 to 30 years if they stay on this path. Hiv/Aids is past the limits of epidemic proportions in some parts of black America and is on par with the Sudan and Congo.
mansa musa

Elizabeth, NJ

#5 Jul 8, 2012
Blacks are not going anyway skin Peeler. Not as long as the life giving sun hits this earth.

The original sun people will always be here.

Unlike your thin skin that has no advantage in the sun.

Good day sir.
Les Samual wrote:
<quoted text>
Education and free condoms don't work so yeah there's not much else that can be done. Hiv/Aids may well end the black race in America in 20 to 30 years if they stay on this path. Hiv/Aids is past the limits of epidemic proportions in some parts of black America and is on par with the Sudan and Congo.
mansa musa

Elizabeth, NJ

#6 Jul 8, 2012
Anywhere *
Les Samual

Houston, TX

#7 Jul 8, 2012
mansa musa wrote:
Blacks are not going anyway skin Peeler. Not as long as the life giving sun hits this earth.
The original sun people will always be here.
Unlike your thin skin that has no advantage in the sun.
Good day sir.
<quoted text>
Lol... You really have limited intelligence and very little education don't you. Now what about the rampant epidemic Aids in the black race? That is the topic you know.
mansa musa

Elizabeth, NJ

#8 Jul 8, 2012
Nope the topic is about your easy bake skin.
Les Samual wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol... You really have limited intelligence and very little education don't you. Now what about the rampant epidemic Aids in the black race? That is the topic you know.

“Hating Gives You Wrinkles”

Since: Mar 12

The Sequel

#9 Jul 8, 2012
dirtydiamond wrote:
in DC?! It must be really bad out there
Black Wino

Twentynine Palms, CA

#10 Jul 9, 2012
Oooooooo....ooooo.....Weeeeeee e.....! Da po black woman living in da hoods don't stand a chance dee's day's, dey is trapped by Obama's welfaria programs, da no good baby daddies just gives em mo babies fo da welfaria, sittin on my couch wid my posse, we dem young male gangsta's in and out of da liquor sto, some of dem high on crack an liqour, some of da drunks pull's down da pants and gets a quickie from da young hood rats just fo pocket change.....! dats how da hood is infested wid crabs, lice, warts, sores on da Dicks, da sugar muffin and da AID's virus..!

“Hating Gives You Wrinkles”

Since: Mar 12

The Sequel

#11 Jul 9, 2012
More whites on welfare than blacks, oow children amoung ww are the fastest growing..

“about 2 be a mini me”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#12 Jul 9, 2012
__jaz__ wrote:
More whites on welfare than blacks, oow children amoung ww are the fastest growing..
culture crash
Too bad

France

#15 Aug 12, 2012
That's too bad
walking boss

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Aug 12, 2012
Let's see a bad sun burn or aids being pumped up your coochie
Let me think I think I'm going to have to go with the sunburn

Since: Jul 12

Center, TX

#17 Aug 12, 2012
Maybe they should stop having sex with all these dudes who don't even use protection.
LEW777

Long Beach, CA

#18 Aug 12, 2012
mansa musa wrote:
Nope the topic is about your easy bake skin.
<quoted text>
I really do see many negative things playing themselves out and a VICIOUS cycle taking place. Sure, you would have to throw the component of racism into the mix, placing us black people (50s, 60s) at a particular place & time in history. Then, CHOICES about economics...(causing imprisonment) many, many more available women than men and us men taking advantage of the situation. Our issues tend to be a bit complex but I would say, our "history" relationship with GOD has a lot to do with what is happening & where we are. 70+% out of wedlock babies. 90+% support a party who is pro abortion & gay marriage, MANY, WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT IT. I am not saying vote REP, my point is "WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT IT". We need a world view that uplifts.
LEW777

Long Beach, CA

#19 Aug 12, 2012
SprialDimension wrote:
Maybe they should stop having sex with all these dudes who don't even use protection.
And sorry, I did get off point a bit, yeah, as TOUGH as I can imagine it must be, sistas have to stop having .......uh oh, here we go PRE MARITAL SEX.
fedupwiththemess

Manassas, VA

#20 Aug 14, 2012
Given to them by down low black men.
fedupwiththemess

Manassas, VA

#22 Aug 14, 2012
Given to them by low down down low dirty black men.

“Dont Play With Me”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#23 Aug 14, 2012
Man they post these stories as if were suppose to do something or feel sorry for these women. Im a Black woman and I have no symapthy at all for women who choose to sleep around with all these different men and then end up catching AIDS. God told us not to fornicate and if you choose to live a lifestyle of promisious sexual activity then be prepared to face the reprocussions of that lifestyle. These women have made their bed now they have to lay in it. Plain and simple
better than u

Concord, NC

#24 Aug 14, 2012
SprialDimension wrote:
How dey gwine git dey chek startit den? How dey gwine git dey sekshun 8? Who gwine pay dey bills if dey kant git dat sweet sweet welfare?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington DC Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Federal rights panel discusses protections for ... Sun Concerned 29
News Obama: White House to expand 'take child to wor... Mar 27 novus ordo seclorum 4
News Senate bill would decriminalize medical marijuana Mar 12 Sterkfontein Swar... 4
Ohio Schools Boss Acquiesces To Growing Common ... Mar 6 parent 1
News Telepsychiatry: the New Frontier in Mental Health Feb 28 HumanSpirit 2
Host a Fun Passion Party Feb '15 kdspassioncraze 1
News Doctor blames discredited autism research for m... Feb '15 friend 5
More from around the web