Walgreens April Sales Increase 3.8 Pe...

Walgreens April Sales Increase 3.8 Percent

There are 12 comments on the Business Wire story from May 3, 2013, titled Walgreens April Sales Increase 3.8 Percent. In it, Business Wire reports that:

Total front-end sales decreased 2.9 percent compared with the same month in fiscal 2012, while comparable store front-end sales decreased 4.3 percent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Business Wire.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#1 May 3, 2013
Congrats, Mr. Wasson. Give yourself a pat on the back. -shakes my head-
Anonymous

Troy, MI

#2 May 3, 2013
Budgets decrease 10%

Location hidden

#3 May 3, 2013
I'd be pretty alarmed about the customer count continuing to decrease.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#4 May 3, 2013
RacingFan20 wrote:
I'd be pretty alarmed about the customer count continuing to decrease.
Look at the numbers in that article:

"Total front-end sales decreased 2.9 percent compared with the same month in fiscal 2012, while comparable store front-end sales decreased 4.3 percent. Customer traffic in comparable stores decreased 5.9 percent while basket size increased 1.6 percent."

"Prescriptions filled at comparable stores increased by 9.7 percent in April...April pharmacy sales increased by 7.3 percent, while comparable store pharmacy sales increased 4.7 percent..."

Location hidden

#5 May 3, 2013
Prescriptions means number of prescriptions so there was almost a 10% increase in the number of prescriptions filled in comparable stores for the month of April.

Location hidden

#6 May 3, 2013
Yeah, I read that part. But it just seems like fewer and fewer customers every month will eventually be major trouble. But then again, basket size is increasing. Idk. I guess there's both good and bad data lol

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#7 May 3, 2013
as much as I knock Walgreens, you gotta give the strategists behind the balance rewards rollout a lot of credit. they should be running the company.

CVS loyalty program has 69 million members to date.
Walgreeens has 68 million to date according to that article

" Registrations for Walgreens BalanceĀ® Rewards loyalty program, which launched in September, totaled more than 68 million through April. "

CVS source: http://beta.fool.com/malayappan/2013/01/22/wi...

Location hidden

#8 May 3, 2013
wag007 wrote:
as much as I knock Walgreens, you gotta give the strategists behind the balance rewards rollout a lot of credit. they should be running the company.
CVS loyalty program has 69 million members to date.
Walgreeens has 68 million to date according to that article
" Registrations for Walgreens BalanceĀ® Rewards loyalty program, which launched in September, totaled more than 68 million through April. "
CVS source: http://beta.fool.com/malayappan/2013/01/22/wi...
Good point. It took CVS a decade to reach that number. It's taken WAG 8 months. I just hope their goal is to be the best rewards program, not the biggest.
Anonymous

Troy, MI

#9 May 4, 2013
Most customers hate it.
Anonymous1

Sarasota, FL

#10 May 4, 2013
I wonder how many fake registrations?

Location hidden

#11 May 4, 2013
There is going to be some explaining to do when our ESI customers are still coming back, our prescription volume is up and we aren't making the same money that we were making before the whole ESI fiasco. The contract with the new supplier, AmerisourceBergen, doesn't start until September 1 so we wouldn't see any savings from leaving Cardinal until then.

Just my opinion.

Location hidden

#12 May 4, 2013
Anonymous1 wrote:
I wonder how many fake registrations?
EXACTLY! When we have a patient enter their number, I don't know how many incomplete profiles come up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington DC Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's impending nomination means it's time fo... Aug 16 Autistic mormon 7
trump woman basher Aug 16 America first 3
show your taxes trump Aug 16 America first 2
hillary clinton read Aug 12 AntiHillary 2
News Comey on Clinton email scandal: 'reasonable' mi... Aug 11 PauldenZangpo0521 3
throw trump out Aug 11 AntiHillary 2
hilary clinton wifeley duties Aug 11 AntiHillary 2
More from around the web