Black Teen Marked With 'KKK' At Deaf School

Full story: CBS 5 1,280
A group of students at a Washington high school for the deaf scrawled "KKK" and swastikas on a black student's body with a marker while holding him against his will, police said Wednesday. Full Story
First Prev
of 64
Next Last
Chickie mama

Tucson, AZ

#1 Oct 4, 2007
HUH, a "possible" hate crime????
frankCC

United States

#2 Oct 4, 2007
----------
----------deaf school-----????? teens !
----------to pat !!
-------
alie

Johnstown, PA

#3 Oct 4, 2007
awwwwwwww that is rude
Barry

Atlanta, GA

#4 Oct 4, 2007
It may not be a hate crime. Maybe these kids were just mad at this guy for some reason other than his skin color. After all, the article says one of the kids participating was also black. Can a black be held liable for a hate crime against another black? It doesn't make sense in taht case.
Mr Always Right

United States

#5 Oct 4, 2007
That's funny, even the deaf people are hearing about the bull in Jena , La. Good for them! Keep up the racisim Al and Jessie, good job!
Mike

United States

#6 Oct 4, 2007
Wonder if the Jena incident could have been a "Hate Crime", as well as the incident in New Jersey. Could Blacks be capable of hate toward whites?
Johnny

Bradenton, FL

#7 Oct 4, 2007
This is absolutely sick!!! For starters, the students who were involved in this and are over the age of 18 should be tried as adults and punished to the full extent of the law!!! In addition, the parents of the others who are under 18 should be charged, or at least fined heavily. This country (and all others for that matter) must be sent a message that this type of behavior will not be tolerated!!! This is one of the most cruel things I have ever heard of in my life!!While we may never be able to eliminate stereo-typing completely, we must make it known that we as human beings will not tolerate this sick behavior. I agree - "Possible hate crime?" Duh!!!!
Johnny

Bradenton, FL

#8 Oct 4, 2007
Barry wrote:
It may not be a hate crime. Maybe these kids were just mad at this guy for some reason other than his skin color. After all, the article says one of the kids participating was also black. Can a black be held liable for a hate crime against another black? It doesn't make sense in taht case.
May not be aheta crime? What is wrong with you???? Swastikas, KKK painted on a child??? How stupid is your comment!!! They could have painted any number of things on this child, but specifically white supremicist emblems.....come on!!! Burn the nasty kids that comitted this indecent act and their parents to let them know this is unacceptable behavior and cannot be tolerated. Fun is fun, but this is way too harmful to just let go. What made these kids (also some over 18 yrs.) even think of the emlemns that that they painted on this kid?
California Mama

United States

#9 Oct 4, 2007
My son is a 45 year old deaf man. He missed the nuances of almost every subject when he was in school. For instance if he saw KKK was a "bad thing" towards a black man, he wouldn't understand how deep that bad thing is. It would be like comparing a sock in the arm to a bullet to the heart.
just me

United States

#10 Oct 4, 2007
LOL LOL LOL
funny stuf
I wonder if they used a black marker?
The Liberals never should have forced us to live together. It will never end.
Larry

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Oct 4, 2007
Johnny wrote:
This is absolutely sick!!! For starters, the students who were involved in this and are over the age of 18 should be tried as adults and punished to the full extent of the law!!! In addition, the parents of the others who are under 18 should be charged, or at least fined heavily. This country (and all others for that matter) must be sent a message that this type of behavior will not be tolerated!!! This is one of the most cruel things I have ever heard of in my life!!While we may never be able to eliminate stereo-typing completely, we must make it known that we as human beings will not tolerate this sick behavior. I agree - "Possible hate crime?" Duh!!!!
Isn't it just a case of kids being kids?

They didn't hurt the guy.

Just held him for an hour (which is against the law) and wrote somethin on him that he can wash off.

My guess is they argued about something and these kids were just trying to teach him a lesson
chickie mama

Tucson, AZ

#12 Oct 4, 2007
Since when does a hate crime exclusively have to do with race or religion. There are hate crimes that happen everyday in our public schools that have nothing to do with race, religion, or orientation. They just have to do with one group of young people wanting to have power emotionally, and socially over another group of young people. It is taught by the parents and fostered by teachers who are apathetic to bullying. I think these youngsters should be punished to the full extant and their parents should have to pay for counselling and damages to the victim and his family. And I'm talking big bucks.
Mr Always Right

Hoschton, GA

#13 Oct 4, 2007
Honestly I love Hilter..
Johnny

Bradenton, FL

#14 Oct 4, 2007
Personally I think all crimes aimed at others are obviously hate crimes whether they are aimed at gays, blacks, whites, Mexicans, etc., but to paint things on another individual that specifically relates to something that they cannot answer to or defend... They could have painted dunce, or stupid, or loudmouth, or sissy, or odiot. But they marked him with things that are extremely hateful and specifically hurtful to his race. What if you painted "bomb" on your luggage and checked it in at an airport. Should that be discounted as a joke? Maybe if you painted "this is my stuff" it would be funny, but something that will stir discomfort to a large specific group is just not acceptable, and is very hurtful. Jokes are jokes, but this was specific and hurtful to not only the individual, but also serves to continue the never-ending battle against racial descrimination.
get a life

United States

#15 Oct 4, 2007
get a life Washington high school. I'm sure worst things than that go on there.
Paul the ace

United States

#16 Oct 4, 2007
God is love Think about it people?
Johnny

Bradenton, FL

#17 Oct 4, 2007
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it just a case of kids being kids?
They didn't hurt the guy.
Just held him for an hour (which is against the law) and wrote somethin on him that he can wash off.
My guess is they argued about something and these kids were just trying to teach him a lesson
I guess is could be - Only those close to the incident who question the boys might know. It's very easy for me or anyone else to get enraged about this by reading only what is printed and not having the luxury of looking these kids in the eye to see if they know the possible implications of these actions. BY the way, I am a white, Southern born, and raised by a very prejudice family, so I am not enraged about this as a member of a specific ethnic group, but as a human. The poster just above yours is what makes this type of behavior even more irritating. The kind of comments made by this person are representative of some adults who are raising children with these poor values. Diversity is what made America the strong nation that it is.
richard

West Palm Beach, FL

#18 Oct 4, 2007
Welcome to the true america....I was wondering how long we could hide our true face.
kek

Glenmoore, PA

#19 Oct 4, 2007
Holding a kid down for an hour and then marking him with such material is a hate crime because it was against his will and they physically violated his body, against his will. Then the school just sends them home? The police were right in saying this was a 'hate' crime...but a crime is a crime and deserves punishment not only by the school but also by the 'justice system of our courts'.
Mr Always Right

United States

#20 Oct 4, 2007
just me wrote:
LOL LOL LOL
funny stuf
I wonder if they used a black marker?
The Liberals never should have forced us to live together. It will never end.
Black marker, that is way funny! Maybe they used "black ass" spray paint!

Where the hell is Al and Jessie? Oh, it was a black colored kid who was the instigator. No racism here!
Now, all the white people let's all go back to work, while blacks drive around all day looking for more racism! Maybe, we should give them some gas money! Oh, we already have given way more than enough!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 64
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

District of Columbia Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Doctor blames discredited autism research for m... Feb 13 friend 5
Telepsychiatry: the New Frontier in Mental Health Jan '15 humanspirit 1
Same-sex couples line up in D.C. (Mar '10) Jan '15 Rainbow Kid 4
Seven in 10 Americans now live in states where ... Jan '15 Grubers and raisi... 8
Second Amendment Warriors Dec '14 Here Is One 1
Zero Tolerance for Marijuana Use by Employees: ... Dec '14 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
GOP Congress to weigh legal pot in DC Nov '14 Foster 4
More from around the web