A Christian business in the Left's cr...

A Christian business in the Left's crosshairs

There are 60 comments on the San Diego Daily Transcript story from Feb 2, 2011, titled A Christian business in the Left's crosshairs. In it, San Diego Daily Transcript reports that:

Here's a modest proposal for liberals who say they support job creation: Stop smearing successful, law-abiding private companies whose values don't comport with yours.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Diego Daily Transcript.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“You'll love me!”

Since: Sep 10

I promise.

#42 Feb 4, 2011
biggie smalls wrote:
I never ate at a Chick-fil-a, but now that you homosexer's are getting your butt plugs all twisted over their courageous stand against your "lifestyle," I'll have to frequent their establishment.
Good. Eat your heart out babe...

The sooner you drop dead from a heart attack or diabetes the better off the world will be.

“I am happy”

Since: Jul 08

St. Petersburg, FL

#43 Feb 4, 2011
Madd1 wrote:
<quoted text>So who's Googling ? I know the Tampa Bay area very well. I did a few semesters at the University of South Florida, lived in Safety Harbor and hung around all the local spots. As for Chambersburg, maybe your updates are not so up to date. It is one of the fastest growing areas in PA and hardly economically depressed. The only thing that stinks here is the weather.
I lived in Martinsburg, West Virginia for 21 years. I am fairly familiar with the 4 state region and every time I come back to visit, I see Martinsburg, Winchester, and Hagerstown continue to grow and the people's way of life is getting better. With Chambersburg, with the exception of a few add-ons, I have not seen any level of change. People are still depressed and things are not moving. Maybe Harrisburg forgot that Franklin County was part of Pennsylvania? Who knows....

Oh yeah, and before I get too carried away.... A few semesters here? Really. I do not know, I have lived here for 7 years. I tend to think my knowledge of this area may slightly surpass your knowledge. Just like my knowledge of the 4 state and seeing the changes that occur or don't may seem to rank up there.

Please, I get you want to play the one upmanship role here, but don't embarrass yourself.
biggie smalls

Akron, OH

#44 Feb 4, 2011
Coy91 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good. Eat your heart out babe...
The sooner you drop dead from a heart attack or diabetes the better off the world will be.
My, what a "civil" response from an obvious humanitarian, babe.
Madd1

Shermans Dale, PA

#46 Feb 4, 2011
I guess you have not been in Chambersburg much then because you really don't have clue about what you are talking about. As for Martinsburg, I don't think I would be bragging too much,the only thing that area has going for it is strip clubs and drug problems. You want to talk about rednecks.Jefferson and Berkeley counties can't even keep teachers because they pay so little. The other towns are bedroom communities for DC.
Quite frankly, I would be happy if Harrisburg forgot about us. Nothing good has ever come out of that dung heap.

“I am happy”

Since: Jul 08

St. Petersburg, FL

#47 Feb 4, 2011
Madd1 wrote:
I guess you have not been in Chambersburg much then because you really don't have clue about what you are talking about. As for Martinsburg, I don't think I would be bragging too much,the only thing that area has going for it is strip clubs and drug problems. You want to talk about rednecks.Jefferson and Berkeley counties can't even keep teachers because they pay so little. The other towns are bedroom communities for DC.
Quite frankly, I would be happy if Harrisburg forgot about us. Nothing good has ever come out of that dung heap.
Been in Chambersburg enough to know that if you look at someone the wrong way they assume you are gay and then you are threatened with bodily harm, but hey, it is your little redneck paradise, so enjoy. As for the schools in Berkeley County, I will not disagree with you on that front, but the county tries to do what they can. It comes down to the state. If Berkeley County was in Maryland, which I have always thought that Berkeley County has always associated itself with Maryland more then West Virginia, it would be a different discussion. Other then that, I know enough about Chambersburg and I have friends and family that live there and they tell me how God awful it is. Several even moved from there and either headed closer to Carisle, Camp Hill, or Harrisburg, or headed south towards West Virginia or Maryland.
Homosapian

Minneapolis, MN

#48 Feb 6, 2011
Madd1 wrote:
<quoted text>Really, I work for Target and I don't ever remember that happening.
You are a liar, the customer call in lines for Target are in Minneapolis where the headquarters is based. My roommate used to complain almost weekly about right wing wackos calling in threatening boycotts because Target advertised on shows like "Big Bang Theory" and "Glee".

“You'll love me!”

Since: Sep 10

I promise.

#49 Feb 6, 2011
biggie smalls wrote:
<quoted text>My, what a "civil" response from an obvious humanitarian, babe.
Trolls don't have any humanity so they get no sympathy or kindness from me. Walk in front the nearest bus. Thanks.
Benjamin

Reamstown, PA

#50 Feb 6, 2011
Chick-fil-A is hardly taking a courageous stand against the rights of gay citizens. It is clear that they identify with one line of thought, and that line of thought aligns directly with the right wing of the country.

There is nothing wrong with people boycotting Chick-fil-A nor is there anything wrong with people attempting to get others to boycott Chick-fil-A in the interest of sending a political message to the corporation. As many posters have made clear this is a common tactic that the religious right uses itself. Maybe that is why so many of you are so upset that gay rights activists are calling for such action now?

This attempted boycott of Chick-fil-A is no different from the boycott of the buses in Montgomery, Alabama and other parts of the south. In actuality and all honesty, it probably won't be nearly as effective as the bus boycott, so I'm not quite sure why so many right wing people even care...except for just being angry about anything that gay people try to organize.

Good luck to all of you who are filled with such hatred. I truly hope that some day your hearts open to find that people in this world, even when they don't have any desire to quote the bible or go to church, can often have just as much morality as anyone else.
Z-Lloyd

Allentown, PA

#51 Feb 6, 2011
Good grief...
The hate by most of you here on either side of the issue is alarming.
4USA

Carlisle, PA

#52 Feb 6, 2011
It is time for all, including Heterophobes, to face the facts. If you do not like a company's way of doing business don't buy their products. The other thing is the apparent hatefulness on both sides, bashing doesn't do anyone any good. I personally believe that homosexuality is wrong, but that wouldn't stop me from being friends with a homosexual. The fact that I believe homosexuality is wrong does not mean that I am homophobic any more than someone that is homosexual being heterophobic. I really get angry when all Christians are painted as haters. Chic-fil-A and Target have a right to donate to whom so ever they choose, and should not be expected to make in kind donations to something they do not support. That is really anti-American and goes against the freedom of expression in the Bill of Rights.
Rose

Los Angeles, CA

#53 Feb 6, 2011
4USA wrote:
It is time for all, including Heterophobes, to face the facts. If you do not like a company's way of doing business don't buy their products. The other thing is the apparent hatefulness on both sides, bashing doesn't do anyone any good. I personally believe that homosexuality is wrong, but that wouldn't stop me from being friends with a homosexual. The fact that I believe homosexuality is wrong does not mean that I am homophobic any more than someone that is homosexual being heterophobic.
Not a good analogy. For your analogy to work, the gay person would have to believe straight sex is wrong.
4USA wrote:
I really get angry when all Christians are painted as haters. Chic-fil-A and Target have a right to donate to whom so ever they choose, and should not be expected to make in kind donations to something they do not support. That is really anti-American and goes against the freedom of expression in the Bill of Rights.
Nobody is denying that companies have that right.
But if either company were to donate to the KKK, I'd expect Jews and blacks to boycott them.
Benjamin

Reamstown, PA

#54 Feb 6, 2011
Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a good analogy. For your analogy to work, the gay person would have to believe straight sex is wrong.
<quoted text>
But if either company were to donate to the KKK, I'd expect Jews and blacks to boycott them.
Both of Rose's points are correct.
Madd1

Shermans Dale, PA

#55 Feb 6, 2011
Z-Lloyd wrote:
Good grief...
There is large amount of hate being spewed forth !
Rose

Los Angeles, CA

#56 Feb 6, 2011
Benjamin wrote:
<quoted text>
Both of Rose's points are correct.
Thanks.:)
4USA

Carlisle, PA

#57 Feb 7, 2011
Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a good analogy. For your analogy to work, the **** person would have to believe straight sex is wrong.
<quoted text>
Okay, not really a good analogy. The idea is that I do have a right to believe that homosexuality is wrong. It does not mean that I am "homophobic." I do not have the right to hate someone for being homosexual.
If homosexuals wish to boycott go ahead but, it is still wrong to say that because I made a donation to someone you didn't like, I should also make a donation to you. It is still a freedom of expression that is ours thanks to the Constitution.

“Fight bigotry.”

Since: Feb 07

Toms River, NJ

#58 Feb 7, 2011
The right to believe that homosexuality is wrong doesn't make you homophobic, the fact that you believe that homosexuality is wrong does.
4USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, not really a good analogy. The idea is that I do have a right to believe that homosexuality is wrong. It does not mean that I am "homophobic." I do not have the right to hate someone for being homosexual.
If homosexuals wish to boycott go ahead but, it is still wrong to say that because I made a donation to someone you didn't like, I should also make a donation to you. It is still a freedom of expression that is ours thanks to the Constitution.
4USA

Carlisle, PA

#59 Feb 9, 2011
phobic means to "fear" and I do not fear. Your brain says its right and mine says its wrong. We differ yes but, you have a right to live and believe as you wish.

“Fight bigotry.”

Since: Feb 07

Toms River, NJ

#60 Feb 9, 2011
Check any dictionary, homophobia is the extreme and irrational aversion to homosexuality, or the fear of homosexuals.

In what way is homosexuality wrong, given the fact that it's an innate, immutable sexual orientation just like heterosexuality is?
4USA wrote:
phobic means to "fear" and I do not fear. Your brain says its right and mine says its wrong. We differ yes but, you have a right to live and believe as you wish.

“A Militant Homosexual”

Since: Jan 07

West Hollywood, California

#62 Feb 10, 2011
4USA wrote:
No, what your brain says is "help me, I'm starving!"
Luv CfA

Roy, WA

#63 Feb 13, 2011
Z-Lloyd wrote:
Good grief...
No way. I love Chik Fil A and I hate queers!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

District of Columbia Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Attorneys general: Restore guidance to aid stud... Apr 25 CodeTalker 2
News Gordon Pape: A railway stock that's steaming ahead Jan '17 Liteone 1
News See Washington's bald eagle chicks grow up Jan '17 NO 2 WORLD OLIGARCHY 1
News 'Hate-Filled' Banana Incidents (Sep '16) Dec '16 The Banana Boat Song 2
News Thomas Jefferson University Receives $3 Million... Dec '16 TRUMP UNIVERSITY 1
News Cigar Wrap Suit to Move Forward Dec '16 marleboroughcowboy 1
News Court rules that sexual orientation laws includ... (Aug '09) Dec '16 Darwood 58
More from around the web