States raise teacher evaluation stand...

States raise teacher evaluation standards

There are 86 comments on the Gouverneur Times story from Nov 18, 2011, titled States raise teacher evaluation standards. In it, Gouverneur Times reports that:

The way educators are evaluated is changing across the country, with a switch from routine "satisfactory" ratings to actual proof that students are learning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Gouverneur Times.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
YouHelpFixIt

Scottsdale, AZ

#84 Nov 22, 2011
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that cuts had taken place, only that cuts have been threatened; by congress, and by GOP candidates at their many many debates.
Again, what cuts are you talking about? Please be specific, that the difference between an actual argument and a rant

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#85 Nov 22, 2011
YouHelpFixIt wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, what cuts are you talking about? Please be specific, that the difference between an actual argument and a rant
I'm talking about the billion dollar cuts they were supposed to make, the ones they promised to make when they won so many elections in 2010.
The cuts that they have thus far, failed to deliver on to the TEA party.
Bachmann saying she will "turn off the lights, and close the door" at the department of education, and the EPA.
Perry said the same thing, except he had an unknown third department to be closed as well.
(I could be ranting, it's something I'm guilty of)
are you denying that the GOP has been threatening to cut medicare, medicaid, SNAP, etc., as a means to protect the bloated defense budget?
YouHelpFixIt

Scottsdale, AZ

#86 Nov 22, 2011
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm talking about the billion dollar cuts they were supposed to make, the ones they promised to make when they won so many elections in 2010.
Bachmann saying she will "turn off the lights, and close the door" at the department of education, and the EPA.
Perry said the same thing, except he had an unknown third department to be closed as well.
are you denying that the GOP has been threatening to cut medicare, medicaid, SNAP, etc., as a means to protect the bloated defense budget?
Great, now we are down to specifics and I can address your misconceptions one at a time.
Rep. Michele Bachmann has said she will eliminate the Department of Education and instead pass the funds directly to the states, saving the cost of the department adminstration. To accompany this change she has propopsed the A-Plus Act,that lets states set thier own curriculum. She has also stated that states should be allowed to opt out of NCLB but still recieve federal funds.
Here is reading material for you:
http://www.thepoliticalguide.com/rep_bios.php...

Gov. Rick Perry has said he will close the Department Of Commerce, Education, and the Department of Energy. Shifting the critical responsibilities to other departments or the states (nuclear weapons under defense, education to the states,...).

Yes everytime someone (GOP or DEM) proposed that we change Social Security or Medicare that would face the rality they they will fair unless we change them,they are accused of wanting to cut benefits to the old or poor. When they vote against expanding programs such as SCHIPS they are accused of wanting to cut them.

Now do you have any more proposed budget cuts you would like to discuss?

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#87 Nov 22, 2011
Hoo-else wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides, everyone who has ever dealt with public employees knows they can't be fired for slacking off...that only happens in the real world ....
Yep, just like the UAW employees at the Chrysler plant that sit around and drink wine because they can't be fired.........or the teachers that are in rubber rooms and are being paid to do nothing all day.....because they can't be fired.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#88 Nov 22, 2011
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
ahmmmmmmmmmmmm, Ryans bill and 6 other bills some bipartisan have been sent up to the Senate..........and Reid has trashed all. He won't let them come up even for debate. HE IS BLOCKING PROGRESS for both jobs, debt and the economy.
YouHelpFixIt

Scottsdale, AZ

#89 Nov 22, 2011
YouHelpFixIt wrote:
<quoted text>
Great, now we are down to specifics and I can address your misconceptions one at a time.
Rep. Michele Bachmann has said she will eliminate the Department of Education and instead pass the funds directly to the states, saving the cost of the department adminstration. To accompany this change she has propopsed the A-Plus Act,that lets states set thier own curriculum. She has also stated that states should be allowed to opt out of NCLB but still recieve federal funds.
Here is reading material for you:
http://www.thepoliticalguide.com/rep_bios.php...
Gov. Rick Perry has said he will close the Department Of Commerce, Education, and the Department of Energy. Shifting the critical responsibilities to other departments or the states (nuclear weapons under defense, education to the states,...).
Yes everytime someone (GOP or DEM) proposed that we change Social Security or Medicare that would face the rality they they will fair unless we change them,they are accused of wanting to cut benefits to the old or poor. When they vote against expanding programs such as SCHIPS they are accused of wanting to cut them.
Now do you have any more proposed budget cuts you would like to discuss?
Shouldhave read: Social Security or Medicare that would face the reality they they will fail unless we change them, they are accused of wanting to cut benefits to the old or poor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

District of Columbia Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News D.C. Requests Hearing on Protection of Second A... Sep 10 Lou Posey 3
News 15 states sue Trump on rollback of immigrant pr... Sep 6 Crazy Maxine 2
News Christian Conservative Group To Fight 'Ex-Gay' ... Aug 20 Esiey 16
News 19 AGs sue DeVos for delaying for-profit colleg... Jul '17 tina anne 17
News Attorneys general: Restore guidance to aid stud... Apr '17 CodeTalker 2
News Gordon Pape: A railway stock that's steaming ahead (Jan '17) Jan '17 Liteone 1
News See Washington's bald eagle chicks grow up (Jan '17) Jan '17 NO 2 WORLD OLIGARCHY 1
More from around the web