Lost Power And Utilities? Need Help? Websites To Visit, Numbers To Call

Oct 29, 2012 Full story: CTNow.com 14

You've bought batteries and water, you've decided to telecommute for a couple of days and you and the family are hunkered down.

Full Story

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#1 Oct 29, 2012
Need Help. I need a young rich lady to take care of me.
mike lansky

Dracut, MA

#2 Oct 30, 2012
Bridgeport ,Ct sucks!!!!
mike lansky

Dracut, MA

#3 Oct 30, 2012
Before ...the bad weather knocks out the power... Now the u.i are doing it. I lived here in bpt for 40yrs nd city officials are getting dumber and dumber.. anyway the worse has past and please turn back the power on!!!!! Hurricane "Gloria" of 1985 was worse..
Duh

Danbury, CT

#4 Oct 30, 2012
mike lansky wrote:
Niggers suck!!!!
True.
Duh

Danbury, CT

#5 Oct 30, 2012
American Gentleman Samuel wrote:
Need Help. I need a young rich lady to take care of me since I am such a lazy nigger living off welfare.
ok
Mike

Stamford, CT

#6 Oct 30, 2012
And who is the BIGGEST SUCKER? YOU
Mike

Danbury, CT

#7 Oct 30, 2012
mike lansky wrote:
Before ...the bad weather knocks out the power... Now the u.i are doing it. I lived here in bpt for 40yrs nd city officials are getting dumber and dumber like they were niggers.. anyway the worse has past and please turn back the power on!!!!! Hurricane "Gloria" of 1985 was worse..
And who is the BIGGEST SUCKER? YOU
LynneB

New Haven, CT

#8 Oct 31, 2012
If you've lost power and utilities, please tell me how are you supposed to ACCESS a WEBSITE??? DUH.
Dilbert

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Oct 31, 2012
LynneB wrote:
If you've lost power and utilities, please tell me how are you supposed to ACCESS a WEBSITE??? DUH.
On your smartphone.
BPT

Bristol, CT

#10 Oct 31, 2012
just heard bridgeport is holding up repairs to make sure it gets the max from fema..........hope not.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#11 Oct 31, 2012
Last Monday, Tippy and her fish and myself lost our power around 5:30 PM and got it back today around 2:00 PM. Thank God.
LynneB

New Haven, CT

#12 Nov 1, 2012
Dilbert wrote:
<quoted text>
On your smartphone.
Not everyone owns a smartphone. Smartass.
Dilbert

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Nov 1, 2012
LynneB wrote:
<quoted text>
Not everyone owns a smartphone. Smartass.
You asked. Dumbass.
carpetbaggers

Bryn Mawr, PA

#14 Nov 1, 2012
If you know someone with a working phone, power or internet at least make sure you file a report for your loss of service-DO NOT assume someone else phoned it in or your actual problem will be fixed with everyone else's.

Also if you got a poor response afterward file a report/complaint with your state utility regulators and state representatives. Utility regulators are known as the Public Service Commission or Public Utility Commission in many states. The Federal Communications Commissions regulates communication including phone and internet. Believe it or not the Department of Transportation sometimes regulates services such as gas utilities.

The fight really begins afterward to prevent repeat un-necessary problems.

GOOD LUCK to all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connecticut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Working Families Party claims big victory Mar 2 American Gentlema... 1
Newspaper objects to order to not publish story Feb 18 Leland McKay 3
Connecticut Style on News Channel 8 (Jul '11) Feb 12 sandys soap shop 5
Younger workers fleeing Fairfield County Feb 9 Calvin 1
a What's with all the earthquakes in Connecticut? Jan '15 Paul 1
Banning plastic could be in the bag this year Jan '15 Connecticut Tippy 1
Check out the newest sensation in relaxation! M... Jan '15 ConnectiCuddles 1
More from around the web