Gunman dead, 1 teacher wounded in elementary school shooting in Conn.

Dec 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Washington Post

A shooting at a Connecticut elementary school Friday left the gunman dead and at least one teacher wounded and sent frightened pupils into the parking lot.

Comments (Page 66)

Showing posts 1,301 - 1,320 of1,567
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Bill Clinton

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>There are 25 shootings- on average- per day and I told you this happened the day after Christmas.

Look for "boy kills friend with rifle"- you may get a few hundred hits. Narrow it down to 2012 and you get a few dozen.

PS: It's 'accidentally'.

You shouldn't make fun of the spelling of others. I make them all the time but you make them in every post.
Whatsamatta? That b-hole sore after that pounding you took in Illinois today?
Cat74

Carpentersville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

14 wounded, and 4 dead in Chicago New Years day. When will Obama, and his handlers go pick up those guns? Happy New Year Chicago style.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>my my my changing definitions
my my changing your aliases again.

Pick one.

Get back to me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
14 wounded, and 4 dead in Chicago New Years day.
Poor Lying C*T74: Doesn't cover the 27 dead in Connecticut.

ELKTON

Aaliyah Boyer had hoped to watch the New Year's ball drop on TV, but when she learned she had missed the stroke of midnight by 32 seconds, she returned to the front yard with her friends to watch her neighbors light fireworks.

Nearby, someone apparently fired a gun into the air to add to the celebration. Amid the jubilation, the 10-year-old fell to the ground, the warmth and color draining from her body after she was hit by a falling bullet. Her family initially thought that she had fainted, but the wound would prove fatal.

Aaliyah was pronounced dead Thursday at a Delaware hospital after two days on life support.

Such injuries and deaths from wayward bullets are all too frequent, experts say, especially on holidays such as the Fourth of July and New Year's Eve. In Baltimore, a 4-year-old boy was wounded when a stray bullet hit him in the thigh after a 2011 Independence Day celebration.

The Cecil County death prompted Aaliyah's family to urge people to consider the consequences of firing into the air. "When you shoot a gun, a bullet has to go somewhere," said Crystal Blackburn, Aaliyah's mother. "Don't do that. Don't shoot guns for any reason."

Cecil County sheriff's investigators have no suspects in what appears to be an unprecedented homicide case for the small department. "Nothing like this has ever occurred in Cecil County in my career and to my knowledge," Lt. Michael Holmes said.

Aaliyah's family members said they have not had time to dwell on the long odds that the bullet would hit her. They spent the past few days concentrating on hope for her recovery, then beginning to mourn.

"It's just making it through the next minute," Cheri Blackburn, the girl's step-grandmother, said in her living room as Crystal Blackburn quietly made funeral arrangements on a laptop.

Crystal, 30, and Aaliyah, of Newark, Del., had been visiting Blackburn's father and stepmother on AJS Court in Elkton, a town about an hour northeast of Baltimore. Neighbors in the rustic, wooded community say violence is uncommon. But people do occasionally shoot off guns during the holidays, said Ryan Doyle, 23, who lives a house away from the Blackburns.

Tom Foley, who lives down the street, recognized the sound of gunshots mixing with fireworks early Tuesday but couldn't tell where it was coming from. "You'd hear faint pops and then you would hear what wasn't firework explosions," he said.

The Blackburns had moved into their yellow home, tucked behind giant pine trees down a long driveway, in August and thought they were far from the gunfire of major cities. "I wouldn't have thought anything like this could happen," said James Blackburn, Aaliyah's grandfather.

Such incidents of "celebratory gunfire" causing injury or death are not uncommon in the United States, according to Joseph Vince, director of Mount St. Mary's University's criminal justice program and a former chief of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives' crime gun analysis branch.

In the July Fourth shooting from 2011 in Baltimore, city police said the boy was hit in the thigh by a bullet, possibly from celebratory gunfire. He survived his injury.

"This is a plague in the United States, especially on New Year's Eve," Vince said. "There are so many people who are shot or killed because people fire their firearms into the air. If you fire a projectile into the air, it's going to come down."

Vince said the practice among irresponsible gun owners kills dozens of people a year on New Year's and the Fourth of July, and goes back centuries. It began as a superstition, he said.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
what would I be ashamed of? A coward like you that would give up their rights willy nilly to the gov? I am ashamed of you
Coward? You're the one that needs a gun bitch! It's an extension of the "manhood" you don't posses! You couldn't shoot the fair one mano on mano if your sissy azz life depended on it!

Ashamed? Yes, you gun nuts should be ashamed! Who needs an assault rifle? Cowards that can take multiple shots at defenseless adults and children! Popping two or three off at a time! You got rights? So do the rest of us! If you don't have enough decency to shut your ignorant mouth out of respect for the children and adults that were murdered at the Sandy Hook Elementary School you're a cowardly pos!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>
could he have done the same with a pump action shotgun?
Really? And that makes you feel better? Why don't you gun nuts build the killer a shrine?
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Sunobia wrote:
<quoted text>Coward? You're the one that needs a gun bitch! It's an extension of the "manhood" you don't posses! You couldn't shoot the fair one mano on mano if your sissy azz life depended on it!

Ashamed? Yes, you gun nuts should be ashamed! Who needs an assault rifle? Cowards that can take multiple shots at defenseless adults and children! Popping two or three off at a time! You got rights? So do the rest of us! If you don't have enough decency to shut your ignorant mouth out of respect for the children and adults that were murdered at the Sandy Hook Elementary School you're a cowardly pos!
why would I want to fight anyone? Is lack of manhood the reason the police carry a gun? I guess that is what cowards say to make themselves feel better.

You didn't answer the question about what an assault weapon is. You chickened out of answering.

I have the right to both own a gun and to freedom of speech. Two things you coward liberals can't stand. Now answer the questions I ask or don't respond to me again

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
why would I want to fight anyone? Is lack of manhood the reason the police carry a gun? I guess that is what cowards say to make themselves feel better.
You didn't answer the question about what an assault weapon is. You chickened out of answering.
I have the right to both own a gun and to freedom of speech. Two things you coward liberals can't stand. Now answer the questions I ask or don't respond to me again
these mental midgets are now suggesting the names and addresses of legal gun owners be published for all to read (in case the libs want to move away from the scary gun owner and into a gated, gun free enclave.)

Do these non-thinking turds don't realize they'd also be advertising to the criminals where THEY can go to get THEIR guns?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Sunobia wrote:
<quoted text>Really? And that makes you feel better?
No idiot, it doesn't make anyone "feel" better.

He points out how ineffective your side's new laws and regulations will be. But hey, I'm sure they'll make YOU "feel" better.
barry

Rainsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

what do "barefoot" and "sunobia" have in common?

location hidden.

could it be a multiple personality?
or are they ashamed of where they live?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

barry wrote:
what do "barefoot" and "sunobia" have in common?
location hidden.
could it be a multiple personality?
or are they ashamed of where they live?
That's why you don't have an account and troll under how many assumed names? You limp dix cowards are incredible. See if you can find what you don't have instead of worrying about people's location, ok?
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>these mental midgets are now suggesting the names and addresses of legal gun owners be published for all to read (in case the libs want to move away from the scary gun owner and into a gated, gun free enclave.)

Do these non-thinking turds don't realize they'd also be advertising to the criminals where THEY can go to get THEIR guns?
I agree
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Sunobia wrote:
<quoted text>That's why you don't have an account and troll under how many assumed names? You limp dix cowards are incredible. See if you can find what you don't have instead of worrying about people's location, ok?
hammers and clubs cause more deaths every year than all rifles combined.

http://nation.foxnews.com/gun-rights/2013/01/...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree

Gun Owners' Names, Addresses Could Become Public

A West Haven lawmaker has introduced a bill to make public the names of some 170,000 gun owners in Connecticut.

http://avon.patch.com/articles/gun-owners-nam...

1. Why identify to criminals homes that DO NOT have registered firearms?

2. Why stigmatize law abiding citizens?

3. Not all homes with guns - shotguns, long rifles, are registered.

Just another feel-good attempt to "do something." We gotta do SOMETHING!
barry

Rainsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Sunobia wrote:
<quoted text>That's why you don't have an account and troll under how many assumed names? You limp dix cowards are incredible. See if you can find what you don't have instead of worrying about people's location, ok?
my location is not hidden and i post under one name.
and i respect all people and their opinions if it happens to be on topic.
what in the world do you need an account for?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

McGruff wrote:
You didn't answer the question about what an assault weapon is.
He probably saw your "debate" when you insisted that Kentucky required photo ID to vote and I said you were wrong (and you were wrong) and you insisted that I show you the proof, and I showed you the EXACT law and you denied it and denied it and I jammed up your azz the EXACT law right out of the books more than fifty times while you continued to deny it... and then you finally asserted that the Kentucky law did not cover the part of Kentucky you lived in.

Fool me once...

The definition for assault weapon has been posted several times, Kneepads.

We can only conclude you really like things being jammed up your azz.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
Gun Owners' Names, Addresses Could Become Public
Concealed weapons permits should be made a matter of public record.

Parents- for example- should have the right to know if their babysitter own firearms, specifically, if they are likely to be carrying them.

Given the number of children killed by firearms in accidental (and intentional) of shootings in homes.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

La Santa Muerte wrote:
these mental midgets are now suggesting the names and addresses of legal gun owners be published for all to read
The mental midgets are those who insist they should have the right to own assault weapons and to carry weapons into elementary schools- as the NRA (et al.) have insisted they do.
No you are

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
hammers and clubs cause more deaths every year than all rifles combined.
http://nation.foxnews.com/gun-rights/2013/01/...
Perhaps but when was the last time a hammer took out 26 people in under 3 minutes?
Hank Jr Jr

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

No you are wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps but when was the last time a hammer took out 26 people in under 3 minutes?
http://www.skynews.com.au/topstories/article....

The weather killed 26 people. Let's ban cold air!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,301 - 1,320 of1,567
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Connecticut Forum right now

Search the Connecticut Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Firefighter Arrested in Conn. 3 hr Parden Pard 1
Ruling sparks debate on retroactive gay rights 12 hr WasteWater 35
Connecticut's roads rank worst in nation Jul 20 Nulli Secundus 2
come join me on a free online game Jul 19 Horace Derwent 1
Backyard Chickens: More Connecticut Residents R... (Jul '10) Jul 16 Homesteader 7
U.S. Attorney Warns Of Jury Duty Scam In Connec... Jul 1 Most Interesting Man 2
Things that sting every summer Jun 28 Most Interesting Man 7
•••
•••