Gunman dead, 1 teacher wounded in ele...

Gunman dead, 1 teacher wounded in elementary school shooting in Conn.

There are 1567 comments on the The Washington Post story from Dec 14, 2012, titled Gunman dead, 1 teacher wounded in elementary school shooting in Conn.. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

A shooting at a Connecticut elementary school Friday left the gunman dead and at least one teacher wounded and sent frightened pupils into the parking lot.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1350 Jan 1, 2013
barry wrote:
<quoted text>you obviously aren't a farmer and have never bought fertilizer.
I am a farmer and I have bought fertilizer and there are indeed tags in ammonia nitrate (e.g.) and yes the US government does keep tabs on people that are buying large amounts of fertilizer.

Would you like some filberts?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1351 Jan 1, 2013
barry wrote:
most farmers here don't have to buy their fertilizer it's often available for free
YOU DON'T SAY???!!!!

You should be able to post a link to the website that is offering this free fertilizer.

I have friends who would be interested.
barry

Fort Payne, AL

#1352 Jan 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU DON'T SAY???!!!!
You should be able to post a link to the website that is offering this free fertilizer.
I have friends who would be interested.
just proves that you are clueless. don't know as much as you think. no web site needed. so where is your farm anyway?
barry

Fort Payne, AL

#1353 Jan 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone with $800 has access to a $800 gun.
You aren't very good at this.
it takes more than $800 or any amount of money for that matter to buy an $800 gun. unless of course you are buying it illegally but then that is the whole point isn't it. outlaw guns and only the criminals will have guns.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1354 Jan 1, 2013
barry wrote:
<quoted text>just proves that you are clueless. don't know as much as you think.
Ah... no website...

I thought as much.

For some reason or another, all the coops up here charge money, around $300 a ton.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1355 Jan 1, 2013
barry wrote:
<quoted text>it takes more than $800 or any amount of money for that matter to buy an $800 gun.
It takes $800 to buy an $800 gun.

Do you want me to show you the math?
barry

Fort Payne, AL

#1356 Jan 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah... no website...
I thought as much.
For some reason or another, all the coops up here charge money, around $300 a ton.
were is "up here"?
barry

Fort Payne, AL

#1357 Jan 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes $800 to buy an $800 gun.
Do you want me to show you the math?
it has nothing to do with math.
barry

Fort Payne, AL

#1358 Jan 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah... no website...
I thought as much.
For some reason or another, all the coops up here charge money, around $300 a ton.
not everyone needs a web site. business is simpler and cheaper without overhead.

“I laugh at Robo Posters”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#1361 Jan 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people can understand both: the emotions of the parents of the dead children wanting answers for the slaughter, and the cause of the deaths of these children being from an assault rifle that should not have been made available for sale and would not have been save for the tiny-dicked boys in the NRA who want to make sure they are available to anyone and everyone.
He didn't use the assault rifle moron, he used the same pistols that killed 9 in Chicago last night and 500 for the year. Where's your boy, can't he even clean up his town.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#1362 Jan 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer was loud and clear months ago, Mooch: no one is going to make you acknowledge it.
What was the answer, Barefootin' It? Still no answer....You keeps dancin' there....Pretty soons yous gonna be's a dance queen???

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1363 Jan 1, 2013
Where's that website?

It looks like the only thing you got for free is the manure you spread here and I can see you do have tons of that.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1364 Jan 1, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>He didn't use the assault rifle .
Didn't say he did, ScrotumSniffer.

How's those 14 swing states working out for you and your aliases?
barry

Fort Payne, AL

#1365 Jan 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
Where's that website?
It looks like the only thing you got for free is the manure you spread here and I can see you do have tons of that.
you spout off as if you know everything but you hid behind a fake name and hide your location on top of that. i wonder if you really exist or are you a figment of your imagination.
i'm a successful self employed contractor who also happens to be a farmer. i don't have or need a website. the less anyone can track about me the better. do you have a web site?
now once again were is "up here" so that we can put the conversation in context.
down here a lot of farmers fertilize their fields for free except for the work involved to haul it away. sometimes by contract they get paid to haul it away. so sorry there still are places in this country where the community owns guns and still live free. i'd like to see you live in our community without owning a gun. the varmints would be all over you.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#1366 Jan 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
Where's that website?
It looks like the only thing you got for free is the manure you spread here and I can see you do have tons of that.
Naw, we have that in Washington DC. with the 6'3" Usurper you've annointed to the U.S. Presidency. "We gonna get ours, and we gonna gets it now"..... "The Rich" will pay fors it, yous can be sures". This guy is living the "Afro-American Dream", Never had a job, never needs a job, and the American taxpayer pays the freight.
What 'website'? Oh that's right, the internet is your new encyclopedia isn't it?? You can't read books, can you?
By the way, where are all the jobs, he and Terrible Timmy promised? Gee Whiz it seems with all the new taxes on "The Rich", "The Poor" are crying... But heaven forbid we put the blame where it belongs?

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#1367 Jan 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Spooge breath, they aren't the same.
When you make an assertion, you have to prove it.
That means you have give us the link and then you have to establish the connection.
You have done neither.
PS: Why is Independence one of the whitest counties (94 percent) in not only the state, but in the country but highest in violent crime?
Putting aside it is VERY red (70.4 percent voted for the draft dodger Romney).
Here is the source, Shug:
http://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2009/data/table_1...
Cities with the Highest Rates of Gun-Related Homicides
(per 100,000 people)

Rank City City Rate Metro Rate City/Metro Ratio
1 New Orleans 62.1 24.1 2.6
2 Detroit 35.9 9.3 3.9
3 Baltimore 29.7 10.3 2.9
4 Oakland, CA 26.6 7.1 3.7
5 Newark 25.4 3.3 7.7
6 St. Louis 24.1 7.2 3.3
7 Miami 23.7 6.3 3.8
8 Richmond 23.1 7.4 3.1
9 Philadelphia 20 7.8 2.6
10 Washington, D.C. 19 5.5 3.5

http://www.theatlanticcities.com/neighborhood...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#1368 Jan 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people can understand both: the emotions of the parents of the dead children wanting answers for the slaughter, and the cause of the deaths of these children being from an assault rifle that should not have been made available for sale and would not have been save for the tiny-dicked boys in the NRA who want to make sure they are available to anyone and everyone.
The legislation your side wants to enact will do nothing to stop mass murder by firearms. Period, end of story.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#1369 Jan 2, 2013
Ask one of these leftists how raising taxes on the "rich" so Obama can give it to algae growers will save the economy.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#1370 Jan 2, 2013
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
Cities with the Highest Rates of Gun-Related Homicides
(per 100,000 people)
Rank City City Rate Metro Rate City/Metro Ratio
1 New Orleans 62.1 24.1 2.6
2 Detroit 35.9 9.3 3.9
3 Baltimore 29.7 10.3 2.9
4 Oakland, CA 26.6 7.1 3.7
5 Newark 25.4 3.3 7.7
6 St. Louis 24.1 7.2 3.3
7 Miami 23.7 6.3 3.8
8 Richmond 23.1 7.4 3.1
9 Philadelphia 20 7.8 2.6
10 Washington, D.C. 19 5.5 3.5
http://www.theatlanticcities.com/neighborhood...
Guns don't kill people, criminals and psychopaths do.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#1371 Jan 2, 2013
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
Guns don't kill people, criminals and psychopaths do.
I agree, just pointing out that most gun-related homicides
occur in "blue" areas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connecticut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2 arrested for enjoying meal on boat while fami... 10 hr Mega Monster 4
News Bridgeport mayoral candidates come out swinging Mon BPT 9
News High expectations for Bass Pro Aug 28 Richard 3
News Malloy confirms face-to-face talks with GE abou... Aug 25 CTX 1
My bf cheated on me 19 F Aug 21 betty837 1
News Honor brings back memories of WWII Aug 21 BPT 1
Hey 19.F here Aug 20 betty837 1
More from around the web