In-state tuition

Full story: NewsTimes.com

The proposal to grant lower college tuition rates to illegal immigrants is back before the Connecticut General Assembly, after being vetoed last year by Governor Rell.
Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Sep 20, 2012
Zacksford

East Berlin, CT

#1 Mar 4, 2008
Rather than in-state tuition, give the students an express bus ticket south so they can use their ILLEGALLY gotten education thus far to help reform their country and maybe stay in it. Oh , and it may atract the other 20 million to get out.
JoeMomma

United States

#2 Mar 4, 2008
looks cool I wonder how much they're charging for rent, since NM is turning down all the affordable housing.
B I G B U B B A

Danbury, CT

#3 Mar 4, 2008
Zacksford wrote:
Rather than in-state tuition, give the students an express bus ticket south so they can use their ILLEGALLY gotten education thus far to help reform their country and maybe stay in it. Oh , and it may atract the other 20 million to get out.
sadly, this is one of the more "reasonable" idea you dopes have come up with.
leave it for the grown-ups, here's a nickel jimmy....buy yourself some liquorice.
BIGGERBUBBA

Purchase, NY

#4 Mar 4, 2008
B I G B U B B A wrote:
<quoted text>
sadly, this is one of the more "reasonable" idea you dopes have come up with.
leave it for the grown-ups, here's a nickel jimmy....buy yourself some liquorice.
Gee, Sarcastro, a little bored today aren't ya? Someone piss in your latte at the library/internet cafe?

God you're truly pathetic, it's laughable :)
marple

Cheshire, CT

#6 Mar 4, 2008
The reason that students from other states are asked to pay more for tuition is that their families do not contribute to CT taxes. Immigrant families, whatever their status, pay taxes and contribute to the economy of the state.

The NT completely misses the boat on this issue. Instate tuition for ALL graduates of CT high schools is the only just policy.

CT should join the other 10 states who understand this.
RBlue

Stevenson, CT

#7 Mar 4, 2008
I would hardly say the News Times misses the boat on this one.

THe end of their opinion piece states:

"But this is a public policy issue. In-state tuition benefits should only be granted to those who legally reside in Connecticut. Out-of-state residents and illegal immigrants should not be eligible."

They are right on the money!
not bad

United States

#8 Mar 4, 2008
for once, NT has it right
not here

Hyde Park, NY

#9 Mar 4, 2008
If only the News Times could exptrapolate their newly acquired wisdom to the rest of the illegal immigrant situation. I would comment on Koonz, but I stopped reading any article his name appears on, as in the past it has proven to be pure drivel. To those legal immigrants in our midst, welcome.
Deport all Bigots

White Plains, NY

#10 Mar 4, 2008
Zacksford wrote:
Here's a better idea. Let these children get their education at instate tuition rates since it's obvious they want to better themselves and then we can deport morons like you.
Rule of Law for All

Naugatuck, CT

#11 Mar 4, 2008
Thank you Newstimes for a sane and reasoned article on this matter.

Kudos!
Zacksford

East Berlin, CT

#12 Mar 4, 2008
Deport all Bigots wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a better idea. Let these children get their education at instate tuition rates since it's obvious they want to better themselves and then we can deport morons like you.
Your comment shows you are a liberal idiot.you dont respect the US law or our kids trying to get an education ...theres a seat for you on that express bus but you may not fit cause you are too big an AZZ
Maria Gomez

Brunswick, ME

#14 Mar 4, 2008
at least they want an educacion! Stoy assistinjo la television e mirando cops. Mucho white trasho
Pizzazz

United States

#15 Mar 4, 2008
I cannot believe what I read about offering illegal immigrants a lower college tuition. Has Connecticut gone totally insane? Have you forgotten that many U.S. born boys and girls are anxious to attend college and can't afford it, how about thinking of them first. Remember that charity begins at home. Please keep the sanity.
Turf Wars

United States

#16 Mar 5, 2008
Deport all Bigots wrote:
<quoted text>
You're such a simpleton. If only the real world could be so simple! Are you employed and ready to pay? I doubt it.
Lilee

Wallingford, CT

#17 Mar 7, 2008
NO NO and NO!
Muffler Mouth Marciano

United States

#18 Mar 7, 2008
College education is good for illegals. They can learn our laws and teach their families how to immigrate legally. Then we won't have any more gripes, and we can all go outside and play in our new safe neighborhoods.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#19 Sep 17, 2012
My family is very proud of me for graduating from HCC in 1981 majoring in Accounting. God bless my family.

Location hidden

#21 Sep 19, 2012
My good people of Connecticut

I am not a fake or real retarded, but #20 is the fake bpt and a real Coward and Wimp for not insulting black people to their faces. The shocker is for the fake bpt is that he does not know that most of the regular writers are black, and his life is not worth living when we find out his real name.

Location hidden

#23 Sep 20, 2012
#22 is Tommy Dummy Owen, a proven thug and bully. Shame on him.

Location hidden

#25 Sep 20, 2012
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>Black ANIMALS are cowards. Have you ever punched one in the mouth? They run away and squeal. Why do you think they rape women and "fight" with guns? And you ARE a fake tard. You`ve admitted you have a college education, and often slip up and type normal. But you knew that. Troll. There is more than one BPT, deal with it. The other one who complains a lot has a proxy program and uses different locations in CT.
#22 is the fake bpt, Tommy Dummy Owen from Hell.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connecticut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Find all students who are in Connecticut 16 hr Mr Black 1
Connecticut's religiously intolerant history, P... (Nov '13) Fri RevKen 5
2 couples, 2 paths (Jan '11) Thu Sir Samuel 66
Gang Stalking in Guilford, CT Aug 22 Citizen 6
Slumber party consultant (Jul '10) Aug 11 curious 8
Ruling sparks debate on retroactive gay rights Aug 6 gv go in zee sewer 42
Backyard Chickens: More Connecticut Residents R... (Jul '10) Aug 1 stephanie 8
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••