Obama Coming To Connecticut To Push For Higher Minumum Wage

There are 1 comment on the The Hartford Courant story from Feb 27, 2014, titled Obama Coming To Connecticut To Push For Higher Minumum Wage. In it, The Hartford Courant reports that:

President Barack Obama will travel to Connecticut on Wednesday as part of his campaign to raise the federal minimum wage to $10.10 an hour, a visit that comes after Gov. Dannel P. Malloy offered a heated defense of the proposal at a press conference Monday in Washington.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Hartford Courant.

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1 Feb 27, 2014
Obama will visit the Hartford area on March 5 to promote proposals to increase the minimum wage, according to a White House spokesman who said that further details would be made available in coming days.
Whether it's by helicopter or plane - bring joe bidet with you, and please crash&burn.
...Malloy and Louisiana Republican Gov. Bobby Jindal clashed over the topic at a National Governors' Association press conference outside the White House. After Jindal criticized Obama's efforts to increase the federal minimum wage, Malloy jumped to the microphone and fired back, describing his fellow governor's criticism of the president as "the most insane statement I've heard."
Jindal: "What I worry about is that this president, the White House, seems to be waving the white flag of surrender," ... "The Obama economy is now the minimum wage economy. I think we can do better than that..."

malfoy: "I don't know what the heck was a reference to white flag when it comes to people making $404 a week. That's the most insane statement I've ever heard," ... "You just heard what I think ended up being probably the most partisan statement that we've had all weekend."

You stuttering little omaba-@$$-sniffer: Mr.Jindal's comment was based upon the observation that since the halfbreed is 'waving the white flag" implying that he gives up trying to LOWER the tax burden on the American citizen (when it IS well within his capabilities to DO something about it) and instead forcing the producers of everything to give the workers MORE money to offset the governments excessive burden.

And the halfbreed with the fugly wife and two mismatched offspring dares to consider this 'income equality' and 'reducing poverty'.

Get cancer, malloy. And wipe the halfbreed's sh!t off your nose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connecticut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
so bored May 3 Celina 1
News Bradley International Airport seen as possible ... Apr 24 Larry 1
conn. dmv sucks. (May '06) Apr 18 GarySucks 61
News Malloy announces Wentzell as education commissi... Apr 17 American Gentlema... 1
News More Apr 8 White Flight 1
News Teen can't return home as forced chemo ends Apr '15 What the What 2
News Judge won't allow Connecticut teen to return ho... Apr '15 dar 1
More from around the web