Young and homeless for Christmas

There are 4 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Dec 12, 2013, titled Young and homeless for Christmas. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

Some statistics on a study of 98 Connecticut homeless youths: 50 percent had been arrested 25 percent considered suicide 70 percent had moved at least twice in the last year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

BPT

Bristol, CT

#1 Dec 13, 2013
all the money gov't blows through, and we still have the same homeless and hunger problems, here in America, that we have had forever. when are we gonna take care of people rather than banks, auto companies?

oh that's right, the homeless and the hungry don't vote or contribute $$$$$ to the politicians..........

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#2 Dec 13, 2013
Did you see the article? The article featured a picture with a sign that said 'give homes to the homeless'. That personifies what's wrong with the 'liberal ownership' of this issue. If you simply give homes to the 'homeless' then most people will opt not to earn their own.
I'm the one providing those homes, and I object to providing them to people who have made bad choices over and over again.

There is public housing and there are homeless shelters. If we don't have enough of them, it's because the libs have created a generation of too many people making too many bad choices. They have also run out of money because they have spent it in too many places trying to fix too many situations, and mostly their fixes just make the problems worse.

Year after year we see articles like this- but there is never a fundamental change in the approach, which would entail facing the bad choices made by the person. That's labeled 'racism' or 'stigmatizing'.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#3 Dec 13, 2013
There ought to be a 2-tiered public housing. You have the permanently needy people, who should get a small but comfortable apartment. These are people who are disabled or low IQ. I'm fine with that.
Then for able-bodied people there should be tiny 1-room places which are unpleasant to live in, so that they move on quickly instead of making a life out of it.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#4 Dec 13, 2013
Citizen has a very low IQ, just like his cat, George who are living in public housing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connecticut Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bradley International Airport seen as possible ... Apr 24 Larry 1
conn. dmv sucks. (May '06) Apr 18 GarySucks 61
News Malloy announces Wentzell as education commissi... Apr 17 American Gentlema... 1
News More Apr 8 White Flight 1
News Teen can't return home as forced chemo ends Apr 4 What the What 2
News Judge won't allow Connecticut teen to return ho... Apr 2 dar 1
News Connecticut priest who ran meth ring pleads for... Mar '15 Michael 1
More from around the web