Two men hurt in assault, shooting - F...

Two men hurt in assault, shooting - Fort Morgan Times

There are 27 comments on the Fort Morgan Times story from Jan 24, 2011, titled Two men hurt in assault, shooting - Fort Morgan Times. In it, Fort Morgan Times reports that:

City of Fort Morgan streets superintendent Kenneth Breneman Jr., 41, and a Greeley man were injured Saturday in a physical assault and shooting at Breneman`s home south of Fort Morgan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fort Morgan Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John Goodman

Denver, CO

#1 Jan 24, 2011
The man shot was shot in the back twice, who assulted who and was drug into the bathroom from outside. Ken deserves to be in jail
Just another Good Ol Boy

Denver, CO

#2 Jan 24, 2011
Right Crone? Is it a cover up for a good ol boy? One of the city's finest fair haired boys? Remember who's electing you and paying his wages.... good ol boys
John Goodman

Fort Morgan, CO

#3 Jan 24, 2011
This is not the John Goodman from Fort Morgan who wrote this.
John Goodman wrote:
The man shot was shot in the back twice, who assulted who and was drug into the bathroom from outside. Ken deserves to be in jail
hmm

Billings, MT

#4 Jan 24, 2011
What happened???
juswondering

Arvada, CO

#5 Jan 24, 2011
IF this happened as has been suggested; shot and then drug into the bathroom from outside then there are many factors at play here.

One could be the all too heard far too often; "hell, just shoot em outside and drag em in".

I have heard this preposterous statement made by many people who should not even be making such statements. Could it be the feeble minded trying to set up a "make my day" defense?

For such a defense to work there must have been a person breaking the threshold of the residence entering uninvited with the intent to commit a crime therein. Any decent law enforcement personnel can readily detect such was the case if they make elementary observations.

I do not know the facts of this case and it is very premature to cast any aspersions BUT it is difficult to fly a self defense, defense when shooting someone in the back not once but twice.
moneyman

Denver, CO

#6 Jan 25, 2011
Maybe it's a lovers quarrel, only with guns?
Justanobserver

Denver, CO

#7 Jan 25, 2011
Just another Good Ol Boy wrote:
Right Crone? Is it a cover up for a good ol boy? One of the city's finest fair haired boys? Remember who's electing you and paying his wages.... good ol boys
Too bad you don't actually know Crone. It may keep you from making asinine statements like this.

Sounds more like you are one of those poor people who is continually wrongfully accused and who has been railroaded by the judicial system countless times.
Just Watchin

Fort Morgan, CO

#8 Jan 25, 2011
It's amazing the rumors and crap that fly around after such a personal and horrible incident. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but making accusations and stupid comments without any facts does nobody any good.
Justanobserver

Denver, CO

#9 Jan 25, 2011
Just another Good Ol Boy wrote:
Hey Good Ol Boy-this would be a good time for you to read the updated article about this and make a post here acknowledging how wrong your above post was.
concerned

Butte, MT

#10 Jan 25, 2011
maybe people should read the greeley tribune who has the assault and criminal mischief charges there had to be a reason for this.
slowdown

Arvada, CO

#11 Jan 25, 2011
How fast people are to judge and gossip. At this point only two people know the truth about what happened Saturday night. Don't you all think maybe everyone should slow down and take a step back and wait for the facts to come out? Speculation and rumor isn't doing anyone any good.
Here ya go

Denver, CO

#12 Jan 25, 2011
Justanobserver wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Good Ol Boy-this would be a good time for you to read the updated article about this and make a post here acknowledging how wrong your above post was.
Well did ya read the part where they arrested Breneman and took him to jail for assault and child abuse? Only after getting ribbed from us the observers about the Sheriff Depts.lack of doing an immediate arrest at the scene.... Think if it was you or me or any other "john q citizen", except a city official, that we would have been so lucky not to have been embarassed in front of the public and escaped being arrested at the hospital? I don't think so...... That's what I'm talkin bout, bleedin hearts.....
Sam Campbell

Ashburn, VA

#13 Jan 25, 2011
We are all ignorant to what what went on here. It would be a good idea to wait until all the facts are sorted. If you were not there, why make a judgement on something and/or someone you know nothing about. I have known Ken all of my life and he is a good guy. Remember we are fighting some sort of battle and leave it at that.
slowdown

Arvada, CO

#14 Jan 25, 2011
"Well did ya read the part where they arrested Breneman and took him to jail for assault and child abuse? Only after getting ribbed from us the observers about the Sheriff Depts.lack of doing an immediate arrest at the scene.... Think if it was you or me or any other "john q citizen", except a city official, that we would have been so lucky not to have been embarassed in front of the public and escaped being arrested at the hospital? I don't think so...... That's what I'm talkin bout, bleedin hearts.....".

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but if you think for one minute that there is favoritism going on here maybe you should move to a different community where there isn't such a thing. And good luck to you. Sounds like there was an awful lot of people standing outside when this awful thing happened, watching....so if all you people that are so quick to judge and who know exactly what happened and who assulted who first maybe you should have done something to stop it and perhaps you should go talk to the investigators and save them all the time of investigating. Or better yet, why don't you just put on that black robe the judge wears, after all you seem to already know everything.....
Aurorahome

Fort Morgan, CO

#15 Jan 25, 2011
John Goodman wrote:
The man was not shot in the back! People that think they know what happened need not to post lies!
Justanobserver

Denver, CO

#16 Jan 26, 2011
Here ya go wrote:
<quoted text>
Well did ya read the part where they arrested Breneman and took him to jail for assault and child abuse? Only after getting ribbed from us the observers about the Sheriff Depts.lack of doing an immediate arrest at the scene.... Think if it was you or me or any other "john q citizen", except a city official, that we would have been so lucky not to have been embarassed in front of the public and escaped being arrested at the hospital? I don't think so...... That's what I'm talkin bout, bleedin hearts.....
You actually think a bunch of anonymous posts here affect how the Sheriff's Office or judicial system acts? A legend in your own mind, you are.

The process would have been that the Sheriff's Office provided a preliminary report to the DA's Office who would make the decision on what, if any, charges to file against whom.(Undoubtedly the investigation is still going on.) Then an arrest warrant would be requested through the courts. The warrant would be issued by a judge and then executed by law enforcement. After the arrest the suspect will be taken before a judge for a preliminary hearing and bond will be considered.

The incident happened Saturday and he was apparently arrested on Tuesday. Sometimes our justice system moves slowly and sometimes it moves fast. But I think it happened without any input from here.
justiceforall

Arvada, CO

#17 Jan 26, 2011
Justanobserver wrote:
<quoted text>
You actually think a bunch of anonymous posts here affect how the Sheriff's Office or judicial system acts? A legend in your own mind, you are.
The process would have been that the Sheriff's Office provided a preliminary report to the DA's Office who would make the decision on what, if any, charges to file against whom.(Undoubtedly the investigation is still going on.) Then an arrest warrant would be requested through the courts. The warrant would be issued by a judge and then executed by law enforcement. After the arrest the suspect will be taken before a judge for a preliminary hearing and bond will be considered.
The incident happened Saturday and he was apparently arrested on Tuesday. Sometimes our justice system moves slowly and sometimes it moves fast. But I think it happened without any input from here.
Since I'm not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV I don't know for sure if the above statement is 100% accurate, but it sure makes sense, especially since there wasn't a death. There has to be some investigation before anybody, including the police, know what happened. There's always two sides to every story and so far no one knows both sides. What happened to "innocent until proven guilty."? Do those who have appointed themselves judge and jury not believe in the American justice system? It certainly sounds like they don't.....
kmg

Burleson, TX

#18 Jan 27, 2011
Known Kenny along time. Good guy. I dont know what happened. Sorry it did. Instead of bashing him and law enforcement maybe hope and pray for everyone thats being affected by this. Thats alot better way to spend our energy.
Platte

Fort Morgan, CO

#19 Jan 27, 2011
justiceforall wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I'm not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV I don't know for sure if the above statement is 100% accurate, but it sure makes sense, especially since there wasn't a death. There has to be some investigation before anybody, including the police, know what happened. There's always two sides to every story and so far no one knows both sides. What happened to "innocent until proven guilty."? Do those who have appointed themselves judge and jury not believe in the American justice system? It certainly sounds like they don't.....
That doesn't apply to Fort Morgan, doesn't matter what it is you are always guilty and if they don't know the story it is made up.
Interesting

United States

#20 Jan 31, 2011
Aurorahome wrote:
<quoted text>
The man was not shot in the back! People that think they know what happened need not to post lies!
Close enough, the man was shot in the back of his legs twice and almost died from the blood loss. So stop posting since you dont know what happened.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Respect71 46,218
Gang Stalking and psychological harassment (Jun '07) Tue sballs 18,440
News 5 Things Northern Colorado Guys Need to Stop Do... Mar 13 tinderhater 1
News Governor, Denver mayor welcome dozens of new re... Mar 8 Batvette 5
News Editorial: Cries of 'fake news' fall flat on sc... Mar 8 Batvette 2
News Colo. police nab man accused of hiding in toilet (Jun '11) Mar 2 Hiding Phart 7
church in denver Feb '17 kyman 1
More from around the web