Colorado Democrats reject bill to allow teachers to carry concealed weapons

Full story: Estes Park Trail-Gazette

Demonstrators against gun violence gathered Monday around the base of a statue of a Union soldier holding his rifle on the steps of the state Capitol in Denver.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Jim

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

2

What a really stupid, insane remark that the children may get shot in a crossfire! For God's sake, Mister, they are being shot ALREADY and the shooter isn't going to stop until he is dead or out of ammunition! How do some of these legislators even find their way home?
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 30, 2013
 
Jim wrote:
What a really stupid, insane remark that the children may get shot in a crossfire! For God's sake, Mister, they are being shot ALREADY and the shooter isn't going to stop until he is dead or out of ammunition! How do some of these legislators even find their way home?
Having guns already in the school on a teacher could create a real problem if a student or students rushed a teacher and took the weapon. Returning fire in a room or hallway with concrete walls and floors would put more students in danger of ricocheting bullets. If a situation happened and a student was injured or killed by a bullet from the teachers gun by either a missed shot or a richochet,the parents would hold the school responsible and collect tens of million$.
Obviously then the

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 31, 2013
 
answer is to outfit the students with guns, so they could stop the kid who rushed the teacher.

Then outfit the teacher with a second hidden gun to take out the kids who were using guns not to take out the kid rushing the teacher, but the kids using the guns just to shoot the place up.

Also, take out all the concrete floors and walls. Just have schools made of foam rubber and have the kids bounce their homework up to the front.

Seriously, do you idiots who post on this forum have no time to just educate your kids not to resort to violence to solve problems?
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 1, 2013
 
Obviously then the wrote:
answer is to outfit the students with guns, so they could stop the kid who rushed the teacher.
Then outfit the teacher with a second hidden gun to take out the kids who were using guns not to take out the kid rushing the teacher, but the kids using the guns just to shoot the place up.
Also, take out all the concrete floors and walls. Just have schools made of foam rubber and have the kids bounce their homework up to the front.
Seriously, do you idiots who post on this forum have no time to just educate your kids not to resort to violence to solve problems?
You must be from another planet. Have you not seen what the education system has been doing by keeping the bullies,thugs, gangsta wannabes,and plain old low life scumbags in the mainline school system waiting on their diploma to be handed to them under the "no child left behind program"? In the past,the troublemakers were put in reform school,boot camp,or if old enough,THE ARMY! Teachers are there to teach and DECENT students are there to learn. It's time to take out the trash!
How many kids do you have

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 1, 2013
 
Thomas?

How many of them are in jail or pregnant.

Education starts at home. The way your write, I fear for anything that came from your loins.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

How many kids do you have wrote:
Thomas?
How many of them are in jail or pregnant.
Education starts at home. The way your write, I fear for anything that came from your loins.
Don't cover for the troublemakers! I taught my kids the same way my parents taught me. You are at school to LEARN,not to entertain or be entertained. If you dare get in trouble at school,the punishment will be double at home. I was taught to distance myself from the troublemakers because when something happens,you're guilty by association. Worked for me,my kids,and my grandkids.
So you admit you failed

Estes Park, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 2, 2013
 
That is a shame. I feel sorry for your kids and grandkids that are in jail or on the public dole. Try praying harder next time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••