150-Foot Colo. Bridge Is Free to Good...

150-Foot Colo. Bridge Is Free to Good Home

There are 11 comments on the NBC Miami story from Apr 26, 2012, titled 150-Foot Colo. Bridge Is Free to Good Home. In it, NBC Miami reports that:

A cow named Darcy, who has a habit of causing trouble, busted out of her Colorado pen and made a half-mile trek to the local McDonald's drive-thru. Her owners joked she wanted to visit former relatives.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Miami.

“Jody”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1 Apr 26, 2012
Robo-blogger oopsie.

Couldn't one just build a bridge cheaper than paying to transplant one? Just the disassemble and re-assembly would be outrageous, not to mention questionable as to safety standards of the new assembly.
Free to a good home.?... just scrap the metal and be done with it.
just saying

Blacklick, OH

#2 Apr 26, 2012
It is on the National Register of Historic Places, but actually this is just the CDOT being cheap. Why pay to have the bridge removed when you can get some schmuck to do it for you at their expense? Talking up the "historicalness" is just the state trolling for preservationist suckers.

“Barbie Doll Queen”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#3 Apr 26, 2012
A free bridge for your own backyard
just saying

Blacklick, OH

#4 Apr 26, 2012
Mrs-Jessica-D wrote:
A free bridge for your own backyard
Only if I reassembled it vertically. I live on a corner lot and the backyard is tiny.

“hellshade”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#5 Apr 26, 2012
anyone else notice that the brief summary on this page about the article has nothing to do with a bridge but a wandering cow?

“Jody”

Location hidden

#6 Apr 26, 2012
centereach ny wrote:
anyone else notice that the brief summary on this page about the article has nothing to do with a bridge but a wandering cow?
Yep, that's what I meant by "oopsie" to robo-blogger.

Maybe that cow will wander over the bridge, especially if they'd just put it on the moon. Save her from jumping.

“Jody”

Location hidden

#7 Apr 26, 2012
I'd suggest topix buy this bridge, but 150 feet would fail to house all the trolls. lol

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

South Bend, IN

#8 Apr 26, 2012
Someone living on a cul-de-sac should get it. They can bring it home and have a bridge to nowhere.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

South Bend, IN

#9 Apr 26, 2012
Or, onw of the many trolls on Offbeat could buy it and live under it.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#10 Apr 26, 2012
Uh Clem wrote:
Or, onw of the many trolls on Offbeat could buy it and live under it.
Why would they move from under their rocks?

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#12 Apr 27, 2012
Somewhere there's a confused con-artist scratching his head.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colorado Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colorado Governor promises $100m to make his st... (Sep '15) Oct '17 Ejb 2
News Trump Adds to Rollback of Obama Legacy With Ant... Sep '17 TomInElPaso 105
News Former DJ accused of groping Taylor Swift testi... Aug '17 Laredo 1
News Campaign 2008OBAMA, Palin Stump in Colorado, Pr... (Oct '15) May '17 swedenforever 2
News Colorado police officers body slam sorority girl (Apr '17) May '17 ThomasA 4
News Democratic congressman announces run for Colora... (Apr '17) Apr '17 CodeTalker 3
News Governor, Denver mayor welcome dozens of new re... (Feb '17) Apr '17 Replace Pocahonta... 6
More from around the web