In Colorado, same-sex marriage remains a hot issue

May 19, 2012 Full story: The Kansas City Star 147

Minutes after President Barack Obama announced he supported gay marriage, the Democratic governor of Colorado choked back tears in Denver as he ordered state lawmakers to reconsider a civil-unions measure that Republicans had defeated the day before.In the week that followed, the debate over equal rights for same-sex couples consumed the state ... (more)

Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#1 May 19, 2012
Funny that the zealots thought the fight would end. They are losing their grasp, their grip, and their sanity because no one will tolerate hatred anymore.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#2 May 19, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
Funny that the zealots thought the fight would end. They are losing their grasp, their grip, and their sanity because no one will tolerate hatred anymore.
you seem to be fine with the hate you and your left wing brethren spew...
that must be "righteous" hate...huh?

very much like the left defending freedom of speech,
while calling for the likes of rush limbaugh and glenn beck to be silenced.

sorry to burst your bubble, moonbeam, but disagreeing ISN'T hate, nor is it racism, homophobia or an attack on women...
there are people that truly believe marriage is between a man and a woman...

who are you to say you're right and they are wrong?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#3 May 19, 2012
Ban gay marriage. Legalize polygamy!

Mormonism RULES!
Gravediggers

United States

#4 May 19, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
Ban gay marriage. Legalize polygamy!
Mormonism RULES!
YES! Kenyan polygamy rules!

we will unite Kenyan and Mormom polygamy!
Answer Me

Saylorsburg, PA

#5 May 19, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
You say "I am no one else".
That's BS. You are a spokesperson for Satan.
You are the one who spews hate.
One can see from your picture,YOU HAVE NO SOUL.
I haven't seen such a zombie look since Bryan and Barry. When you look in a mirror, do you see a reflection? Answer me.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#6 May 19, 2012
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry to burst your bubble, moonbeam, but disagreeing ISN'T hate, nor is it racism, homophobia or an attack on women...
And there are people who STILL "truly believe" that marriage is between a man & a woman only of the SAME RACE.

They may base those beliefs on their personal morals or the bible or "tradition" or whatever, but it's STILL racist to deny equal rights to someone based on their race, regardless of why.

Just as it's STILL anti-gay bias to deny equal rights to someone based on their sexual orientation, regardless of why.

Notice that in Colorado the anti-gays in the GOP killed the civil unions bill once again. So much for it being just about "protecting marriage". THAT is how you can tell it's anti-gay bias and not just be belief that marriage is man/woman only. Same applies to the recently passed North Carolina amendment which also bans ALL civil unions, domestic partnerships, etc, etc.

Spin it however you want to make yourself feel better, but in the end we all know the ONLY reason to deny same-sex couples the rights of marriage is an anti-gay bias.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#7 May 19, 2012
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd have a point if the gay couples in question weren't directly and clearly being denied rights that heterosexuals take for granted. No, you *don't* get to claim that this is a simple "disagreement." It has turned very, very ugly and vicious indeed, and will likely be fought out for years if not decades. BOTH "sides" have pledged that if they "lose" in the short term on a national scale, they will fight for literal decades to reverse that by any legal means they can find.

You'd have a point if gay couples with children were not being treated like shit because they are CLEARLY economically and governmentally disadvantaged by horrifyingly bigoted legislation. What's a knee-slapper is that the snot-nosed pigs of America will screech and screech if *THEIR* rights are being violated, but don't care if it's someone else. The original poster was right: These gay couples *and their defenseless little kids* are not going anywhere. This is going to continue, and I know you know that. You would fight for YOUR children's welfare with the same absolute, unwavering ferocity.

Like they are doing.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#8 May 19, 2012
Go munch some carpet and leave normal people alone.
uve

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#9 May 19, 2012
Answer Me wrote:
<quoted text>
You say "I am no one else".
That's BS. You are a spokesperson for Satan.
You are the one who spews hate.
One can see from your picture,YOU HAVE NO SOUL.
I haven't seen such a zombie look since Bryan and Barry. When you look in a mirror, do you see a reflection? Answer me.
Who the F are you to criticize anyone! What do YOU see in the mirror! Spouting your ignorant religious dogma! YOUR NOT FOLLOWING JESUS'S TEACHINGS, JUST PICKING AND CHOOSING FROM THEM WHAT YOU WANT, TO SUPPORT YOU OWN HATED OF ANYTHING DIFFERENT THAN YOU BECAUSE YOU CAN'T STAND YOURSELF! CALLING PEOPLE SATAN, YOUR FULL OF BS! IGNORANT TROLL!
uve

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#10 May 19, 2012
The Real Gretchen wrote:
Go munch some carpet and leave normal people alone.
Your hardly what I would call normal! don't you have some saloon doors to lick?
Answer Me

Saylorsburg, PA

#11 May 19, 2012
uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Who the F are you to criticize anyone! What do YOU see in the mirror! Spouting your ignorant religious dogma! YOUR NOT FOLLOWING JESUS'S TEACHINGS, JUST PICKING AND CHOOSING FROM THEM WHAT YOU WANT, TO SUPPORT YOU OWN HATED OF ANYTHING DIFFERENT THAN YOU BECAUSE YOU CAN'T STAND YOURSELF! CALLING PEOPLE SATAN, YOUR FULL OF BS! IGNORANT TROLL!
What do you see in the mirror? Answer Me.
uve

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#12 May 19, 2012
Answer Me wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you see in the mirror? Answer Me.
I'll answer you. I see someone that's not afraid to call out an arrogant asstroll!

usa

#13 May 19, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
And there are people who STILL "truly believe" that marriage is between a man & a woman only of the SAME RACE.
They may base those beliefs on their personal morals or the bible or "tradition" or whatever, but it's STILL racist to deny equal rights to someone based on their race, regardless of why.
Just as it's STILL anti-gay bias to deny equal rights to someone based on their sexual orientation, regardless of why.
Notice that in Colorado the anti-gays in the GOP killed the civil unions bill once again. So much for it being just about "protecting marriage". THAT is how you can tell it's anti-gay bias and not just be belief that marriage is man/woman only. Same applies to the recently passed North Carolina amendment which also bans ALL civil unions, domestic partnerships, etc, etc.
Spin it however you want to make yourself feel better, but in the end we all know the ONLY reason to deny same-sex couples the rights of marriage is an anti-gay bias.
i feel fine...
i don't have a horse in this race, so,
personally, i couldn't give a furry rat's ass one way or the other.
no one is being denied ANY of the rights you or i have. it's a moral issue. NOT a civil rights issue.

but, you go ahead and keep trying to convince yourself you are the better person...if that makes YOU feel better.

usa

#14 May 19, 2012
hi hi wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd have a point if the gay couples in question weren't directly and clearly being denied rights that heterosexuals take for granted. No, you *don't* get to claim that this is a simple "disagreement." It has turned very, very ugly and vicious indeed, and will likely be fought out for years if not decades. BOTH "sides" have pledged that if they "lose" in the short term on a national scale, they will fight for literal decades to reverse that by any legal means they can find.
You'd have a point if gay couples with children were not being treated like shit because they are CLEARLY economically and governmentally disadvantaged by horrifyingly bigoted legislation. What's a knee-slapper is that the snot-nosed pigs of America will screech and screech if *THEIR* rights are being violated, but don't care if it's someone else. The original poster was right: These gay couples *and their defenseless little kids* are not going anywhere. This is going to continue, and I know you know that. You would fight for YOUR children's welfare with the same absolute, unwavering ferocity.
Like they are doing.
what right do i have that a homosexual doesn't?
uve

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#15 May 19, 2012
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the right to a loving married relationship? Or the right to have hospital visitation rights from your spouse? Or the right to leave all your possessions, money and social security benefits to your spouse in case you die. Or how about the right for your spouse to be able to live with you in this country should they be a foreign born citizen. Or how about the right to NOT be fired from a job for being gay? Should I go on? AND 'Carey529' your wrong, IT is a civil rights issue. I couldn't care less what YOU think is moral. I was BORN this way..it's not something I chose, no more than you chose to be straight!

Since: Feb 10

Woodstock, Illinois

#16 May 19, 2012
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's easy, read the "Defense of Marriage Act".

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#17 May 19, 2012
The Obamaniac may not even be allowed on the ballot of certain states, because some states are now passing laws requiring that any candidate for POTUS submit his birth certificate to the state to get on the ballot.
Lyle

Lacon, IL

#18 May 19, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
I certainly agree that homosexual 'marriage' is a hate based attempt to disenfranchise Americans on the legal definition of marriage. Data from throughout the world prove that homosexual 'marriage' has no real basis in homosexual life. It is indeed just a hate based attack on what others hold sacred.

And yes, people are not turning their backs on homofascist hate. Another state just joined the large and growing majority of states that have passed state amendments to prevent the hate based political charade of homosexual 'marriage.'
uve

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#20 May 19, 2012
Lyle wrote:
<quoted text>I certainly agree that homosexual 'marriage' is a hate based attempt to disenfranchise Americans on the legal definition of marriage. Data from throughout the world prove that homosexual 'marriage' has no real basis in homosexual life. It is indeed just a hate based attack on what others hold sacred.
And yes, people are not turning their backs on homofascist hate. Another state just joined the large and growing majority of states that have passed state amendments to prevent the hate based political charade of homosexual 'marriage.'
Typical, playing the victim while denying the rights of others

Since: Feb 10

Woodstock, Illinois

#21 May 19, 2012
Lyle wrote:
<quoted text>I certainly agree that homosexual 'marriage' is a hate based attempt to disenfranchise Americans on the legal definition of marriage. Data from throughout the world prove that homosexual 'marriage' has no real basis in homosexual life. It is indeed just a hate based attack on what others hold sacred.
David, the only reason these amendments keep passing is the motivation factor. The small percentage of gay people and ardent supporters of equality compared to the larger percentage of people who are convinced that SSM would actually harm their heterosexual marriages. The rest of the population simply is not motivated to get out to vote for equality.

Regardless, in a few years, it will be a moot point, DOMA will be overturned and a few years later, all states will be forced to recognize SSM. It is a matter of decided law if you just look at Loving v Virginia.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colorado Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colorado ballot decisions include personhood, G... Sep 11 Mark Donner 5
Colorado Governor Candidates to Debate at Color... Sep 8 Colorado News 1
Colorado Lesbian Wendy Alfredsen Mom Granted Pa... (May '12) Aug 27 DNF 21
Gay Bar Goofed When it Barred Man in Drag, Colo... Aug '14 lgbt is silly 104
Colorado to issue driver's licenses to immigrants Aug '14 Bama Yankee 5
Court orders halt to Colorado gay marriages Jul '14 Ted Haggard s Gos... 17
Colorado makes $3.5M in pot revenue in January (Mar '14) Jul '14 Drifter 19
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••