Jewish values at heart of immigration...

Jewish values at heart of immigration reform

There are 360 comments on the The Jewish Journal story from Feb 13, 2014, titled Jewish values at heart of immigration reform. In it, The Jewish Journal reports that:

Members of Reform CA, a coalition of Jewish advocacy groups and synagogues, lobbied to win passage of the Trust Act, a bill to limit deportations of illegal immigrants, in the Sacramento State Capitol Building.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Jewish Journal.

Jose

San Francisco, CA

#68 Feb 19, 2014
Our Jewish amigos rock!!! ;)
Jose

San Francisco, CA

#69 Feb 19, 2014
Our Jewish amigos ROCK!!! ;)
Oldglory

Coachella, CA

#70 Feb 19, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>For a moment there I thought you were being civilized, but I guess that was too much to ask. For eavesdroppers however...
I am neither pro nor anti illegal. What I am for is humane treatment of other human beings, an idea evidently not shared by many on this thread. For discussing bigotry, there is no more appropriate a forum than this one.
I usually am civil in here but I am getting tired of anti-Americans like you using the bigot/race card in here against those of us who simply want our immigration laws respected and enforced. Just what inhumane treatment by our government are illegal aliens suffering from? If anything they are treating them better than our own citizens. All this crying and weeping by you and your coherts for illegal alien lawbreakers but none for Americans who had their lives destroyed by illegal aliens and at the very least had their jobs stolen, wages reduced and taxes increased supporting these leeches. Where is your concern for the inhumanness towards them by your precious illegal aliens, you effing hypocrite?

No, for most Americans bigotry has nothing to do with this illegal immigration issue but look in the mirror and ask yourself why you are so bigoted towards them, you effing hypocrite! That's the only place where bigotry might truly belong in THIS forum.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#71 Feb 19, 2014
Oldglory wrote:
<quoted text>
I usually am civil in here but I am getting tired of anti-Americans like you using the bigot/race card in here against those of us who simply want our immigration laws respected and enforced. Just what inhumane treatment by our government are illegal aliens suffering from? If anything they are treating them better than our own citizens. All this crying and weeping by you and your coherts for illegal alien lawbreakers but none for Americans who had their lives destroyed by illegal aliens and at the very least had their jobs stolen, wages reduced and taxes increased supporting these leeches. Where is your concern for the inhumanness towards them by your precious illegal aliens, you effing hypocrite?
No, for most Americans bigotry has nothing to do with this illegal immigration issue but look in the mirror and ask yourself why you are so bigoted towards them, you effing hypocrite! That's the only place where bigotry might truly belong in THIS forum.
You, sir or madam, are full of fecal matter. If I lived in your world, I'd consider leaving it.
spud

Weatherly, PA

#72 Feb 19, 2014
Jose wrote:
<quoted text> That's how long you anglo fools will be waiting if you think that our US Citizen children will ever leave!! LOL!!!
Obama just made a proposal to have every female entering the US to be pregnancy tested. What a great idea. But now we find out Eric Holder, the worst appointee of all time, will be in charge. This is like making a pedophile the guardian of a teenage girl.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#73 Feb 19, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>For a moment there I thought you were being civilized, but I guess that was too much to ask. For eavesdroppers however...
I am neither pro nor anti illegal. What I am for is humane treatment of other human beings, an idea evidently not shared by many on this thread. For discussing bigotry, there is no more appropriate a forum than this one.
there is only so much food around. and I would rather reserve it for my own people before sharing with others.

go peddle your compassion bullshit elsewhere.

we have double digit unemployment and you want to allow foreigners who are in the usa ILLEGALLY to compete with us for those jobs?

obviously, you have no compassion for unemployed americans in America. FU.
Jose

San Francisco, CA

#74 Feb 20, 2014
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
there is only so much food around. and I would rather reserve it for my own people before sharing with others.
go peddle your compassion bullshit elsewhere.
we have double digit unemployment and you want to allow foreigners who are in the usa ILLEGALLY to compete with us for those jobs?
obviously, you have no compassion for unemployed americans in America. FU.
There are no jobs because all your azzzwipe Asian relatives in China took them!!!
spud

Weatherly, PA

#75 Feb 20, 2014
What Jewish values?
TJMurphy

Roseburg, OR

#76 Feb 20, 2014
What is interesting is that Israel has some of the MOST restrictive laws regarding immigration, and those same Jews support Israel. But here in America, Jews are at the forefront for pushing for open borders. America currently has the most liberal immigration laws in the industrialized world, thanks to lobbying from corporate interest, yet for some that is not enough. Many Jews consider Israel their homeland, and America just a place to make a living, they are also at work in Europe pushing for them to open their borders as well (google it). I say, I will be more open to MORE immigration, when Israel is...Their hypocrisy reveals their true loyalties, and its NOT America or its future.
TJMurphy

Roseburg, OR

#77 Feb 20, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You, sir or madam, are full of fecal matter. If I lived in your world, I'd consider leaving it.
Get a grip, drop the name calling, Americans have EVERY right to be outraged and demand control of our borders! Your type of politically correct manipulation, trying to style JUST outrage is anti-American and stifles open discussion. There are not many American universals, but the right to an opinion is one of them, check your loyalties to OUR Constitution, they say nothing about open borders but do say something about free speech...
TJMurphy

Roseburg, OR

#78 Feb 20, 2014
Jose wrote:
<quoted text> How can we be "anti-American" if we want to become citizens, anglo dumbazzz?? LOL!!!
Because "dumb ass", the basic aspect of being and American is respecting its laws, and by trespassing into America, you are showing no respect for our laws...You don't want to be Americans, you just want to get out of your trash country. If "Mexicans are such hard workers and so great for America" why is Mexico such a shit hole? Mexicans are leaches, its they drive down wages and take the money they make here and send it back to Mexico. "Remittances", money Mexicans send from America back to Mexico are the SECOND largest contributor to the Mexican economy, leaches. They are not here to be Americans, they are here to make money. Start with respect for OUR laws and our Constitution, then we can talk about immigration.
TJMurphy

Roseburg, OR

#79 Feb 20, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>There is plenty of bigotry toward Latinos and other "non-whites", whether they are undocumented immigrants or U.S. presidents.
Your definition of bigotry suggests you are not comfortable with the English language.
You are just full of it aren't you, you don't make arguments, just throw around simplistic terms like bigot to make your point, yet never show any respect for those who may feel different than you. Americans can be anti immigration and not be bigots, come down off the cross, you have no more right to your opinion than anyone else. Your a pompous ass, try making an argument and support it with facts, that's called debating, not your string of politically correct ad homonym bull shit. Your comments are un-American, America was built on open debate and respectful discourse, something sorely lacking in your comments.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#80 Feb 20, 2014
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
there is only so much food around. and I would rather reserve it for my own people before sharing with others.
go peddle your compassion bullshit elsewhere.
we have double digit unemployment and you want to allow foreigners who are in the usa ILLEGALLY to compete with us for those jobs?
obviously, you have no compassion for unemployed americans in America. FU.
Dear Asian Individual,

Stick it where the solar rays don't reach.
TJMurphy

Roseburg, OR

#81 Feb 20, 2014
blue duck wrote:
But, open migration was ok when it was gringos flooding in and stealing the lands of native peoples; murdering innocent women and children.
First of all, we are NOT "gringos", just like illegals are not "wetbacks". Human history is filled with stronger tribes taking over weaker ones, it happens everywhere. Just because Europeans did it does not make it worse, or better for that matter, its human nature. Are you saying what the Aztecs did to their neighbors was different, or what the Spanish conquistadors did to American Indians...Your just displaying typical anti European racism, because they were "white" its different than when "brown" people did it to each other. Europeans were just better at it.
TJMurphy

Roseburg, OR

#82 Feb 20, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Dear Asian Individual,
Stick it where the solar rays don't reach.
"Laurance Wolf", that is how you respond to a just argument, with that childish school yard retort. Your just a rude ignoramus, you don't make a reasoned argument, you just try and control the debate using tired generalizations that may have worked in the 80's, but don't today. You do nothing for your cause, you just show how morally and intellectually bankrupt the forces of open borders truly are. Stop commenting until you can make a reasoned response, otherwise your just contributing to the noise, which may be your goal anyway.
TJMurphy

Roseburg, OR

#83 Feb 20, 2014
spud wrote:
<quoted text>They play people like you just like a banjo. They generally look for the advantage. They really don't even recognize non Jews unless you're helping them and sometime, not even then.
You my friend have far more understanding than most commenters on here...African Americans used to think like the Mexicans do now, but they have learned that the Hebrew does not do anything for anyone other than other Hebrews. When these same Jews are pushing for open borders in Israel, I will take "moral stand" more seriously. For now, they are just doing what they always do, sowing the seeds of strife and discontent amongst the Goyim".

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#84 Feb 20, 2014
TJMurphy wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a grip, drop the name calling, Americans have EVERY right to be outraged and demand control of our borders! Your type of politically correct manipulation, trying to style JUST outrage is anti-American and stifles open discussion. There are not many American universals, but the right to an opinion is one of them, check your loyalties to OUR Constitution, they say nothing about open borders but do say something about free speech...
TJ, my type would like you to know that President Obama has deported far more illegal border crossers than his predecessor, indeed more than any other president.
I do not argue with the need to control the influx of undocumented immigrants. My argument is with the inhumanity with which many people treat them. Like it or not, we are talking about human beings, usually desperate ones, who are trying to eke out some sort of existence.

Since we as Americans are gifted with the right to express our opinions, here is mine. Many who are "outraged" at the influx of illegals are guilty of something much deeper, which is plain old bigotry. These haters, who often cite scripture to defend their positions, treat Mexicans as though they were sub-human, and then go to church on Sunday.

I see myself as a far better American than the misanthropic people to which I refer. I don't need bibles for my moral guidance. I rely on my conscience instead. It isn't always easy, but I am pro-human, regardless of their place of birth. If caring for people regardless of border makes me "anti-American", I'll have to live with that.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#85 Feb 20, 2014
TJMurphy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Laurance Wolf", that is how you respond to a just argument, with that childish school yard retort. Your just a rude ignoramus, you don't make a reasoned argument, you just try and control the debate using tired generalizations that may have worked in the 80's, but don't today. You do nothing for your cause, you just show how morally and intellectually bankrupt the forces of open borders truly are. Stop commenting until you can make a reasoned response, otherwise your just contributing to the noise, which may be your goal anyway.
Since you don't understand the history of Asian Guy and his misogynistic attitudes toward people, you may partake of my suggestion to him.
Jose

San Francisco, CA

#86 Feb 20, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Dear Asian Individual,
Stick it where the solar rays don't reach.
LOL!!! They don't reach in China, because there is so much damn air pollution!!!

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#87 Feb 20, 2014
spud wrote:
<quoted text>Obama just made a proposal to have every female entering the US to be pregnancy tested..
Sounds like a good way to pad Oblundercare enrollment numbers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ivanka and congressman Donald Norcross 4 hr Rach 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Dekki le Quado 242,229
News California Senate OKs real estate fee to fund m... 7 hr What Gives 26
News CA Judge Places Stiff Contempt Fine On Pro-Life... 13 hr cpeter1313 1
Jerry Brown: Another Corporate Democrat 18 hr SmartTexan I read 4
News PowWow Energy Releases Automated Water Records ... 19 hr American PieJamboree 2
Dirty George Norcross - Follow the Money 19 hr Ray 2
More from around the web