State sues to revoke Sunwest license, exclude top executives

Full story: Lassen County Times/STPNS

Last October, California's Department of Social Services filed a scathing action against Sunwest Management, an Oregon-based corporation that manages residential health care facilities for the elderly and it's ...
Comments
1,801 - 1,820 of 2,512 Comments Last updated May 16, 2014
Sunwest is horrible

Saint Louis, MO

#1831 Feb 19, 2009
What a mess. I hope that for al of the residents , families, and staff who really do care about the residents sake that Sunwest is driven out of business everywhere.
Stop Them

Beaverton, OR

#1832 Feb 19, 2009
You Bitches is Screwed wrote:
Met with an FBI Field Agent this morning and turned over more than 400 hours of recorded material from a Sunwest facility and management conference calls over a 6 month period implicating Sunwest, Jon Harder, Darryl Fisher, Tim Timmons, a Regional VP, Regional Nurse, Regional Sales Manager, an Administrator and several management/support staff in fraudulent and corruption charges. I have a Regional VP on tape talking about illegal money transfers between buildings, saying how a certain states Heallth Director wouldn't pursue health & safety violations against a facility due to his friendship with Jon Harder, and telling staff to corroborate and "doctor" an incident report to hide the facilities fault and liability. I have a Regional Sales Manager telling sales staff to "cover up" and "hide" violations at several facilities. The evidence is a mile long and is sure to spell big trouble for several high ups. Next to be released is several hundred pages of facility paperwork outlining illegal activities, insufficient reporting, nursing errors, etc. I have been waiting this day for a long time. Screw you Jon & Sunwest!
Congratulations on your very impressive investigative talents YBIS from all of us former SW employees who have been waiting for this moment. YOU ROCK! Thank you so very much.

Please, may I encourage you to share your information with the Portland, Oregon, FBI office, as well as the law firm outlined below.

If we ALL band together to help bring these miserable arrogant crooks down, perhaps we will have the pleasure of reading where Harder/Fisher, et al, are making brand new friends at the Oregon State Prison.

Your direct "insider knowledge" is so valuable to both the law firms representing the investors, as well as the F.B.I. and who are doing their best to prosecute Harder.

They need to understand "how" the intracacies of the senior housing business works from an administrator's point of view to assist them in building the best case possible against Harder/Fisher and the rest of the unscrupulous individuals who knew they were breaking the law, but did so purely motivated by greed.

The people who could really use your first hand information are the Criminal Investigation Division of the Portland F.B.I. and the Securities and Exchange Division of Fraud.
Look up the Portland F.B.I. link, and S.E.C., and you will be able to find their phone number as this forum does not allow me to post those items.

Simply ask the operator to connect you with the "special agents in charge of the Sunwest Management / Doyle RICO case" and they will be able to transfer you to the investigators.

The law firm that sued Harder/Fisher in 2004 for Federal RICO racketeering/fraud charges brought by minority partner Jeff Krause is the same firm that is representing the Doyles, who lost $6.3 million by investing in Sunwest. This is a link to their story: http://www.bizjournals.com/portland/stories/2 ...

A senior partner and the lead attorney is Brian Matise for the Doyle's suit. Brian is still gathering additional information at this time, and welcomes your sharing of events you feel pertinent. Mr. Matise will honor confidential requests. He can be reached at:
http://www.burgsimpson.com/attorney_matise.ht ...
Brian K. Matise

Here are other methods of Reporting Crime to the Portland FBI:

You can report suspicious activities and crime by contacting us using the information below.
You can also submit a tip electronically at this link: https://tips.fbi.gov/
http://portland.fbi.gov/
Link shows address and phone number

I truly hope that you and any other former Sunwest employees that have such operational financial knowledge will share that information.

Best wishes and thank you for being willing to speak up in behalf of our seniors who deserve so much more than they have received at Sunwest's hands.
Stop Them

Beaverton, OR

#1833 Feb 19, 2009
You Bitches is Screwed wrote:
Met with an FBI Field Agent this morning and turned over more than 400 hours of recorded material from a Sunwest facility and management conference calls over a 6 month period implicating Sunwest, Jon Harder, Darryl Fisher, Tim Timmons, a Regional VP, Regional Nurse, Regional Sales Manager, an Administrator and several management/support staff in fraudulent and corruption charges. I have a Regional VP on tape talking about illegal money transfers between buildings, saying how a certain states Heallth Director wouldn't pursue health & safety violations against a facility due to his friendship with Jon Harder, and telling staff to corroborate and "doctor" an incident report to hide the facilities fault and liability. I have a Regional Sales Manager telling sales staff to "cover up" and "hide" violations at several facilities. The evidence is a mile long and is sure to spell big trouble for several high ups. Next to be released is several hundred pages of facility paperwork outlining illegal activities, insufficient reporting, nursing errors, etc. I have been waiting this day for a long time. Screw you Jon & Sunwest!
Dear YBIS:
CONGRATULATIONS ON A SUPERB INVESTIGATION OF EVIDENCE GATHERING! Thank you from all of us former SW employees who have been waiting to hear such fantastic news.

Your direct "insider knowledge" is so valuable to both the law firms representing the investors, as well as the F.B.I. and S.E.C., who are doing their best to prosecute Harder.

They need to understand "how" the intracacies of the senior housing business works from an insider's point of view to assist them in building the best case possible against Harder/Fisher and the rest of the unscrupulous individuals who knew they were breaking the law, but did so purely motivated by greed.

The people who could really use your first hand information are the Criminal Investigation Division of the Portland F.B.I. and the Securities and Exchange Division of Fraud.

Please note the link to the Portland F.B.I. link at the bottom of this message to contact the Oregon office. If your FBI field agent contact could share that information with Oregon's FBI team, perhaps we stand a great chance of seeing those criminals behind bars!

Simply ask the operator to connect you with the "special agents in charge of the Sunwest Management / Doyle RICO case" and they will be able to transfer you to the investigators.

The law firm that sued Harder/Fisher in 2004 for Federal RICO racketeering/fraud charges brought by minority partner Jeff Krause is the same firm that is representing the Doyles, who lost $6.3 million by investing in Sunwest. This is a link to their story: http://www.bizjournals.com/portland/stories/2 ...

A senior partner and the lead attorney is Brian Matise for the Doyle's suit. Brian is still gathering additional information at this time, and welcomes your sharing of events you feel pertinent. Mr. Matise will honor confidential requests. He can be reached at:
http://www.burgsimpson.com/attorney_matise.ht ...
Brian K. Matise

Here are other methods of Reporting Crime to the Portland FBI:

You can also submit a tip electronically at this link: https://tips.fbi.gov/
http://portland.fbi.gov/
Link shows address and phone number

YOU ROCK!
Stop Them

Beaverton, OR

#1834 Feb 19, 2009
My apologies to all for the double posting --- I was just too excited in reading YBIS great news!
bewildered

Jackson, OH

#1835 Feb 19, 2009
Interesting posts!
Outside Looking In

Houston, TX

#1836 Feb 19, 2009
??
codeprober

Anonymous Proxy

#1838 Feb 20, 2009
In Georgia, Sunwest regional managers—and some facility administrators and staff caregivers—haven't seen a need to worry a great deal about what DHR's Office of Regulatory Services would do and what an ombudsman office would do.

As to culpability and liability, there seems to be an assumption among Sunwest regional managers, and among administrative teams at LLC-owned, Sunwest-run facilities, that a binding arbitration clause in the admissions agreement has them covered to a great extent. They may be relying on an unsound assumption.
Outside Looking In

Gainesville, TX

#1839 Feb 20, 2009
Very interesting.
Stop Them

Beaverton, OR

#1840 Feb 20, 2009
A Tribute to You Bitches is Screwed:

As the former wife of an FBI Special Agent, I want to commend YBIS for conducting a tremendous "undercover operation sting" by gathering the information he / she has, as described in the post above.

It is very stressfulm not to mention dangerous, to go about one's daily business life, all the while knowing that you plan to obtain every scrap of evidence possible to bring about the eventual arrest and conviction of people who have as their only motivators, greed and a callous disregard for the value of others lives.

The reason I urged you to share your information with the Portland, Oregon office of the FBI comes from personal knowledge: All law enforcement agencies engage in "turf wars" and do not share information as quickly or easily between one another. Think about the prejudices voiced by members of any of the Armed Forces against a branch of the military other than the one they serve, and you will understand.

YBIS is a true hero in my book for putting themselves on the line to help our vulnerable seniors in a manner that law enforcement, and aggressive attorneys who represent both senior families and investors, can put to GREAT use in a court of law.

Allow me to introduce you to another hero, just to illustrate how dangerous undercover operations can be, the story of former FBI Special Agent Joe Pistone.

Legendary Lawmen: Joe Pistone
A True Legend In His Own Time

http://www.officer.com/web/online/Police-Life... $45229

The evidence collected by Pistone led to over 200 indictments and over 100 convictions of Mafia members.
Outside Looking In

United States

#1841 Feb 20, 2009
?????
magnolia loser

Tulsa, OK

#1842 Feb 20, 2009
what a site
Outside Looking In

Gainesville, TX

#1843 Feb 20, 2009
There seems to be two of us. How interesting.
Latest Casualty

United States

#1844 Feb 20, 2009
Outside Looking In wrote:
There seems to be two of us. How interesting.
And one is only able to type question marks.
Outside Looking In Gains

Conroe, TX

#1845 Feb 20, 2009
Well Well
Outside Looking In Gains

Conroe, TX

#1846 Feb 20, 2009
Good question. Don't know other than to save money. Turnover is so high. One community in TX has been through like five sales managers in one year. Maybe they were advised to give up! But the same is with nurses. The VP in TX always said that the communities don't need nurses, especially RN's. Preferred unlicensed professionals for as cheap as possible to run health services. Yet they want to move in people who are practically nursing home material and expect the nurse consultant covering a bunch of buildings to do delegation. Really bad business.
Is it the same VP or someone Different?
Texas Texas

Conroe, TX

#1847 Feb 20, 2009
Hi
Texas Texas

Conroe, TX

#1848 Feb 20, 2009
Some of you may recall who hired her and supervised her early on. That explains it all.
Do you know who that was?
battendown

Xiamen, China

#1849 Feb 21, 2009
Where's the captain? That would be the Sunwest CRO, Clyde Hamstreet. If there's not a strong hand felt soon, uncertainty and opportunity may give rise to some ugly events at several Sunwest Management facilities, and short-term and possibly long-term consequences that should have been avoided. In fact, ugly events are already happening, and people are getting hurt.
Care about Seniors

Vancouver, WA

#1850 Feb 22, 2009
battendown wrote:
Where's the captain? That would be the Sunwest CRO, Clyde Hamstreet. If there's not a strong hand felt soon, uncertainty and opportunity may give rise to some ugly events at several Sunwest Management facilities, and short-term and possibly long-term consequences that should have been avoided. In fact, ugly events are already happening, and people are getting hurt.
What do you mean by your comments? What "events" and who is "getting hurt"?
Poor Jon Boy

Winlock, WA

#1851 Feb 22, 2009
Poor Jon may only get $20,000 a month. He must know that is more than his caregivers make in a year.(after 6 years of sorry we can only give you 3%). Maybe he needs to go wipe some butts to make up his wages, have his paycheck bounce and not have gas money to make it to work. Then he would know how life is on the other side of the nice cars, jets, and high price dinner parties.

http://www.oregonlive.com/newsflash/index.ssf...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min Grand Birther 177,373
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 42 min SpaceBlues 46,313
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 43 min Frankie Rizzo 54,864
California Takes a Stand Against Gay and Trans ... 1 hr WeTheSheeple 36
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr RiccardoFire 200,586
Visalia drivers rank safest in California 5 hr Who 2
California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 12 hr Macko mono 5,000
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

California People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••