State sues to revoke Sunwest license,...

State sues to revoke Sunwest license, exclude top executives

There are 2513 comments on the Lassen County Times/STPNS story from Feb 7, 2007, titled State sues to revoke Sunwest license, exclude top executives. In it, Lassen County Times/STPNS reports that:

Last October, California's Department of Social Services filed a scathing action against Sunwest Management, an Oregon-based corporation that manages residential health care facilities for the elderly and it's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lassen County Times/STPNS.

Lori

Troutman, NC

#1769 Feb 7, 2009
Does anyone know the latest with Lynn Smith?
Somebody Here

Corvallis, OR

#1770 Feb 7, 2009
Lori? I am curious as to what happened to you to make you so angry? I am not asking to be cynical I am just wondering. Something awful had to happen to make you this mad. And I am wondering if anyone knows if the FBI is investigating Jon and Darryl for criminal RICO violations? That could just be a rumor. Does anyone think that Jon will actually end up in jail over all of this?
Jon the Nutless Wonder

Latrobe, PA

#1771 Feb 7, 2009
interesting article on jon harder.......he and his boys were living the good life rather than taking care of business, squandering personal and company cash (are ya kidding? a nanny and four private teachers for home schooled kids?), and continues to receive a fat monthly salary......for driving a company into the ground and losing $400 mil. http://www.oregonlive.com/business/index.ssf/... it'll be a great day when he does go to prison for fraud, his days as a free man are limited
Stop Them

Beaverton, OR

#1772 Feb 7, 2009
Crooks in the Old West were treated to swift justice --- Bring back the Heroes who fought injustice in this manner, when good citizens were robbed of their money and property.

http://posters.motechnet.com/title/tt0061747/

Since: Feb 09

Dallas, TX

#1773 Feb 8, 2009
Any word on the remaining Dallas, TX communities???
AREE TO THE T

Selinsgrove, PA

#1774 Feb 9, 2009
Jon Harder does not deserve a monthly dime for the chaos he's caused!He better would enjoy the money now,because he will be sorry in the end.After reading the latest article, the selfishness and greed that lies within that man makes me sick!There is no need for one to live as well as he feels he needs to when he has hurt so many honest people.
Got Greed

Longview, WA

#1775 Feb 9, 2009
Somebody Here wrote:
Lori? I am curious as to what happened to you to make you so angry? I am not asking to be cynical I am just wondering. Something awful had to happen to make you this mad. And I am wondering if anyone knows if the FBI is investigating Jon and Darryl for criminal RICO violations? That could just be a rumor. Does anyone think that Jon will actually end up in jail over all of this?
This post Stinks of Sunwest higher ups fishing.
Lets see, who lives close to Albany? hummmmm Deanna Altman Nelson maybe? no she is closer to Portland, maybe its from the 110 acre ranch Jon has over by Albany.

Not to sound cynical, but Jon might want to keep his kids off the computer. They may just find out what Howdy Doody Greedy Daddy has been doing for the big bucks, the big house and the nanny.
Panchos Sister

United States

#1776 Feb 9, 2009
Got Greed wrote:
<quoted text>
This post Stinks of Sunwest higher ups fishing.
Lets see, who lives close to Albany? hummmmm Deanna Altman Nelson maybe? no she is closer to Portland, maybe its from the 110 acre ranch Jon has over by Albany.
Not to sound cynical, but Jon might want to keep his kids off the computer. They may just find out what Howdy Doody Greedy Daddy has been doing for the big bucks, the big house and the nanny.
His pitcher look more like PeeWee Herman than Howdy Doody, donchu thin?
Lori

Troutman, NC

#1777 Feb 10, 2009
Somebody Here wrote:
It's not a matter of being angry. The answer to your question is clearly explained in my previous posts. Higher ups at corp., also know what allegations took place toward an inept and unqualified admin., that they brought in from the corp., office. and how that was totally handled inappropriately. toward mgmt. who reported it. Two of the companies' short falls are no longer with them: Cindy Freeman and Wendy Murray. Again, if you will look at my previous posts, listing all of the things that myself as well as most others on this blog had to deal with in order to try and make the residents have a good quality of life, you might understand our sorrow and frustration- not "anger"
We all develop close relationships with many of the residents, and yes, it becomes quite personal.
I would want my family members to have these types of relationships with staff, if they were ever in an assisted living community.
I also believe that of all the "training" that SW tries to provide to it's regionals and on down, it should include higher ups to actually stay in a community for longer than a day. A week would provide enough time to see the daily struggles and brick walls that the communities are presented with.(owners included)
Whenever regionals did come, they would just lock theirselves up in an office and perform their regional tasks, walk up to kitchen- grab lunch, and then disappear at 5 to their room and be gone in the am... Noone really ever got to address any issues. Even if they were there to provide a site audit, it always got postponed.( Very inaffective leadership)
Grapevine

United States

#1778 Feb 10, 2009
Rumor has that she-male superbitch, Regional VP for sunwest, staunch defender of unethical practices, and "right-hand ho" to Randy Cyphers, Sarah Green (wyoming/montana region), is desperately looking for another job (small population in wyo, news travels fast)........word is big news may be coming as soon as Friday (along with planned bankruptcy judgement ruling) regarding whats left, and additional down-sizing at Sunwest. A lot of Regionals may be losing their jobs soon. Guess Sunwest/Hamstreet is expecting the worst out of this bk ruling.
glastonbury ct

AOL

#1779 Feb 10, 2009
Mountain Laurel has been under the questionable management of Sunwest for 14 months now. The longest, hardest months for all people involved:residents, family and staff. This facility will survive but only because of the dedication and loyality of the original core staff (and the two new maintenace men). There has been a dramatic outflow of cash; resulting in a shortage of staff, staff benefits, dining room changes and general lack of basic building upkeep. But as long as the salary checks don't bounce the day to day struggle will go on.

Since: Feb 09

Santa Fe New Mexico

#1780 Feb 11, 2009
test
OutsideLookingIn

Gainesville, TX

#1781 Feb 11, 2009
With this new organization of the company, are communities still having to fight for petty cash and have enough money to fix someone's toilet who happens to be paying $4000/month? Is the lawn crew being paid? What about the electricity? Any improvement?
In the dark

Ivins, UT

#1782 Feb 11, 2009
I have been with a Sunwest property for over 3 years and have witnessed the bills not getting paid, shut off notices for the utilities, supplies not arriving, you know just the minor things that it takes to run a community. Our community is now in a chapter 11 and our regional has been trying to tell us that this is good because now we can get our bills paid and have money to work with well, blah, blah, blah, I am sure that this what the bigwigs have told them to say. We have a new regional that showed up in our building and spent 3 days. In that 3 days, I met with her for a full 15 minutes and I am a department head who is to report directly to her. Do I trust her???? No way, we have been told to have events to bring the outside community in, well, with what money?? We still deposit all of our rent checks into a deposit only account and still have to operate the building out of the measly petty cash that is sent to us sometimes. Do they not realize that things cost and they can't just collect that somewhere along the way they have to pay out also? What is really going to happen, is Harder going to just be able to get away with his criminal thefts of our seniors and is Fisher and his cronies going to be able to follow in his footsteps? With our country in the economic trouble that it is in are they going to just allow these crooks to continue their lavish lifestyles with no consequences????
OutsideLookingIn

Gainesville, TX

#1783 Feb 12, 2009
Then nothing has changed. Kudos to those of you out there in the communities putting all that you have in to make things work. It's hard with many companies but SW is in the toilet.
Sunwest is horrible

United States

#1784 Feb 12, 2009
In the 25 years that I have been working Sunwest is the worst company I have every worked for in my career. Andrea Schoettke or whatever he name is couldn't be more of an idiot as a regional. She is so full of herself and could care less about the residents. I guess that is why she fits right in at Sunwest!!! She is lazy and refuses to life a finger to help in the buildings. When we try to tell her about issues ( bills not being paid in the facility, short staffed etc), she totally ignores taht but continues to push us to get move-in's. The conference calls ( and as administrators we have many throughout the week) with her are ridiculous. All she talks about is staying within budget or lower if possible and getting move-in's. When she comes to our building ( which thankfully is rarely), she sits in an office on her computer. She refuses to talk to our residents. At the end of the day, she orders dinner and goes up to our guest suite to eat it so she doesn't have to talk to our residents about issues/concerns they have. She like all the other management at Sunwest are useless and worse, could care less about the residents.
keeponhelpn

Tulsa, OK

#1785 Feb 12, 2009
wow
keeponhelpn

Tulsa, OK

#1786 Feb 12, 2009
there is a lot of stuff on here. my community is not with sunwest now but i will sayh one regional we had was great a nurse named Debbie. She would visit with all the resident and families and she really took the time to fix problems she had to deal wiht. Glad to report they are not all bad! Our other regional was a joke of a guy??? He just wanted to shop and have fun.
Latest Casualty

United States

#1787 Feb 12, 2009
Sunwest is horrible wrote:
In the 25 years that I have been working Sunwest is the worst company I have every worked for in my career. Andrea Schoettke or whatever he name is couldn't be more of an idiot as a regional. She is so full of herself and could care less about the residents. I guess that is why she fits right in at Sunwest!!! She is lazy and refuses to life a finger to help in the buildings. When we try to tell her about issues ( bills not being paid in the facility, short staffed etc), she totally ignores taht but continues to push us to get move-in's. The conference calls ( and as administrators we have many throughout the week) with her are ridiculous. All she talks about is staying within budget or lower if possible and getting move-in's. When she comes to our building ( which thankfully is rarely), she sits in an office on her computer. She refuses to talk to our residents. At the end of the day, she orders dinner and goes up to our guest suite to eat it so she doesn't have to talk to our residents about issues/concerns they have. She like all the other management at Sunwest are useless and worse, could care less about the residents.
OR the staff, I might add!
Josephina of Buford GA

Atlanta, GA

#1788 Feb 12, 2009
To keep families of residents informed:
The foreclosure of Brookside in Buford, GA did not take place on February 3, 2008.
It has been re-scheduled for March 3, 2008.
I would recommend that you start to make other living arrangements for your loved ones immediately. Please check status of foreclosure before paying your March rent! Don't give Sunwest and Harder etal any more of your hard earned money! There are many facilities - large & small that will give your loved one much better care than they are receiving.

PLEASE SEE NOTICE OF SALE IN NEXT POSTING.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Chicagoan by Birth 237,383
News Powerful storm enters California and brings ris... 39 min Now_What- 5
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Gore the Bore 63,273
News California lawmakers eye statewide immigration ... 11 hr Battle Tested 92
News Pope Francis 11 hr USA-1 2
News California braces for a new round of storms 16 hr Waco1910 2
News Threat Of Losing Obamacare Turns Some Apolitica... 22 hr Waco1910 4
More from around the web