State sues to revoke Sunwest license,...

State sues to revoke Sunwest license, exclude top executives

There are 2513 comments on the Lassen County Times/STPNS story from Feb 7, 2007, titled State sues to revoke Sunwest license, exclude top executives. In it, Lassen County Times/STPNS reports that:

Last October, California's Department of Social Services filed a scathing action against Sunwest Management, an Oregon-based corporation that manages residential health care facilities for the elderly and it's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lassen County Times/STPNS.

obamas sister

Mableton, GA

#1437 Nov 28, 2008
south east wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard rumors about ga
I forgot to click reply..can you tell me what you do know.I worked at one as office personnel and I would really like to know.
obamas sister

Mableton, GA

#1438 Nov 28, 2008
dink wrote:
working there now everyone is leaving there are not enough caregiver for the residents and will not let spouse take food to sick wife in their room what the hell is wrong with this company i plan to find out and report it
I would really like to know just what you have found out
south east

Alpharetta, GA

#1439 Nov 28, 2008
obamas sister wrote:
<quoted text>I would really like to know just what you have found out
I heard that some of them or all are for sale.
obamas sister

Mableton, GA

#1440 Nov 28, 2008
I heard that an invester went into the one I worked at and I was wandering if that was one of them.Man I hope so. I feel for the residents in that building.
cg georgia

Braselton, GA

#1441 Nov 28, 2008
obamas sister wrote:
I heard that an invester went into the one I worked at and I was wandering if that was one of them.Man I hope so. I feel for the residents in that building.
Are you speaking of Spring Mountain b/c this is a sad sad building and I too feel sorry for the residents that live there. Administrators has changed 3 times in less than a year and state regulators been there 3 times in two months. This place is a wreck with lots and lots of incidents and NO leadership or guidance. Still no good Administrator in place. No regional managers that are worth anything in place either.
Latest Casualty

United States

#1442 Nov 28, 2008
cg georgia wrote:
<quoted text> Are you speaking of Spring Mountain b/c this is a sad sad building and I too feel sorry for the residents that live there. Administrators has changed 3 times in less than a year and state regulators been there 3 times in two months. This place is a wreck with lots and lots of incidents and NO leadership or guidance. Still no good Administrator in place. No regional managers that are worth anything in place either.
Isn't that the on where J.R. was Administrator? And is Melanie still the Regional?
obamas sister

Mableton, GA

#1443 Nov 28, 2008
one of my friends told me that JR got the boot he had become the regional sales person over a region. and some lady name Rachel took his buildings.Melanie is VIP from what I heard.
Penwa

Medford, OR

#1444 Nov 28, 2008
curious wrote:
what happens to employee benefits, such as vacation pay, health care if a company transfers or goes bankruptcy?
It depends on the state where it happens. Here in Oregon you lose your PTO but not any acrued vacation. Not sure about the health insurance tho' since its so d**n expensive I can't afford it. I hope whoever has bought us has a better less expensive insurance plan.
Josephina in Buford

Atlanta, GA

#1445 Nov 29, 2008
I would like to hear any news that anyone has about Georgia facilities.......especially Brookside in Buford. Conditions continue to deteriorate rapidly - from cleanliness, to food, to activities to (most important) personal care of residents. Residents contine to leave. Would love to see Sunwest get the "boot" and especially Melanie Hendrix and Cathy O'Brien (from Sunwest) and Tammy Walker (one of the worst administrators I have ever dealt with).
Also I am all for the media getting involved. The State agencies do NOTHING!!!!!
south east

Alpharetta, GA

#1446 Nov 30, 2008
Josephina in Buford wrote:
I would like to hear any news that anyone has about Georgia facilities.......especially Brookside in Buford. Conditions continue to deteriorate rapidly - from cleanliness, to food, to activities to (most important) personal care of residents. Residents contine to leave. Would love to see Sunwest get the "boot" and especially Melanie Hendrix and Cathy O'Brien (from Sunwest) and Tammy Walker (one of the worst administrators I have ever dealt with).
Also I am all for the media getting involved. The State agencies do NOTHING!!!!!
Continue to contact the state , the ombudsman, write letters to the home office , call the hotline , get as many residents and families involved as you can. The state and the ombudsman have to respond and the more they do the greater response you will receive from sunwest-hopefully. The media is always a good medium and they should respond quickly to that specifically if you name people that are involved in making decisions that lead to the deterioration/neglect of the resident care.
Play Misty -Salem Oregon

Greenville, SC

#1447 Nov 30, 2008
Lori, Phoenix
If Sunwest is so bad,why did you send multiple letters to the company in October/2008 begging for your job back?
You couldn't get the job you wanted, nothing wrong with Sunwest if they gave you a job last month, but when they turned you down FLAT you just kept on with your witching. You are very unethical and quite two faced. Deny this one WITCH.
SWMendacious

Yacolt, WA

#1448 Dec 1, 2008
Court Date Set

FIFTH DISTRICT COURT-ST GEORGE Page 162
JAMES L SHUMATE December 09, 2008
11:00 AM MOTION FOR APPOINTMENT 080503105 Lien/Mortgage Fcls
COLUMN FINANCIAL INC ATTY: WATERMAN, STEVEN T
VS.
ST GEORGE SENIOR LIVING LLC ATTY:
CHAMPLIN LLC
SEWARD SENIOR LIVING LLC
KEARNEY SENIOR LIVING LLC
WAYNE SENIOR LIVING LLC
MCCOOK SENIOR LIVING LLC
VEGAS ASSISTED LIVING LLC
VILLAGE AT GREECE LLC
COURT AT GREECE LLC
COURT AT ORCHARD PARK LLC
COURT AT CLIFTON PARK LLC
W-E SPECIALIZED CARE LLC
COLONIAL GARDENS LLC
STAYTON SW ASSISTED LIVING LLC
SPRING POINTE LLC
SANDDOLLAR COURT MEMORY CRE LL
HENDERSONVILLE SENIOR LIVING L
MEDALLION ASSISTED LIVING LIMI
MONTCLAIR SENIOR LIVING LLC
VANCOVER CARE LLC
SUNWEST MANAGEMENT INC
DBA SUNWEST MANAGEMENT II INC

http://www.terrylee.com/utcourtcal.cfm...
phoenix

Cary, NC

#1449 Dec 1, 2008
Play Misty -Salem Oregon wrote:
Lori, Phoenix
If Sunwest is so bad,why did you send multiple letters to the company in October/2008 begging for your job back?
You couldn't get the job you wanted, nothing wrong with Sunwest if they gave you a job last month, but when they turned you down FLAT you just kept on with your witching. You are very unethical and quite two faced. Deny this one WITCH.
WOW, Somebody has their feathers ruffled over these blogs.(Wendy Murray) Wendy, you should learn that even though you type in: Salem-Or, it still posts where you transmit from. As far as DENYING (as you mentioned) I've NEVER denied anything. You will also see that I have gone on record with the Oregonian. I DO NOT and WILL NOT hide the truth about SW.(OR YOU)(as you do) Actually, I did send a letter (not wanting MY job back as assistant admin, but as the ADMIN.) Only in hopes that a new company was coming in to rescue our poor residents and staff. Yes, I would expect an ethical company to deny my job offer (because I do not have the license yet) However, I thought I'd give it a shot since you personally brought someone in last June without a license, paid for his move across country AND paid for his license course thru the state (over 2K !!)-all this for someone who had never set foot in an assisted living facility!- Oh, but that's right, he QUIT and only stayed for about 3 months.-and WHY was that? Wasn't he "ALLEGEDLY ACCUSED" of being found by a member of mgmt., MASTURBATING in the penthouse suite to his laptop? I love how SW chose to handle this allegation.( by retaliating against those who reported it) More money wasted by SW & your own in-experience.(maybe Mary-Kay cosmetics will take you back, if you're interested) I'm sure there were many vendors who could have used that money. Did you ACTUALLY say: IF SW is THAT BAD? I don't even think you have a region in NC anymore; Is that because SW was SO GREAT?!! And if we're speaking unethical; I think "borrowing" money from petty cash because you didn't have any money for gas in your car might clasify as such. Hey, do you know if that ever got paid back? Or maybe having someone alter move in/out dates in order to collect a bonus might also clasify as such... or do you plead the 5th. on that?(that would be under the US Constitutional Amendments, if you did not know)
Sorry, but I think you are pleading your case in the wrong forum here.
Also, just a little friendly advice: When you choose to wear one of your two dresses; When you bend down people can see all the unpleasantries. I had MANY complaints about that when you came to our community.Just thought you'd like to know (woman to woman)
YoYo

Spokane, WA

#1450 Dec 1, 2008
Medallion Senior Living, Dallas Texas is in foreclosure.
Lori

Troutman, NC

#1451 Dec 1, 2008
Play Misty -Salem Oregon wrote:
Lori, Phoenix
You couldn't get the job you wanted, nothing wrong with Sunwest if they gave you a job last month, but when they turned you down FLAT you just kept on with your witching. You are very unethical and quite two faced. Deny this one
WITCH.
Investors, potential employees, past employees: This is a PRIME example of the unprofessionalism displayed by SW Regional Mgmt. I applied for a job to try and promote from within. My letter went to only 3 upper mgmt. individuals. One was Joy KNight, who SW does not deserve. She is very professional and is the EXCEPTION to the norm of regionals ( that I've met)The other two were: Cindy Freeman and Wendy Murray. After I quit the company, "one of the two" writes this unprofessional comment, exploiting my desire for the admin. position and even goes as far as to call me names. Even after I reported alleged sexual misconduct to the home office HR dept., I was told it would be totally anonymous and no retaliaiton would take place, I rec'd a call from Wendy Murray the very next morning saying she explicitly told me NOT to tell anyone and that she would be coming to my community to "write me up" Needles to say, I got a call a few minutes later from the Home Office saying there was a "misunderstanding" and there would be no write up.
So much for anonymous -
Is it possible that the owners ARE trying to do the right things, but are relying on a regional such as this to run things professionally?
As for calling me "out" and challenging me to deny anything "Misty" Why not use your name?
Loving The Cat Fight

Griffin, GA

#1452 Dec 1, 2008
LOL - This is the funniest blog online! If only we could get Lori & Misty together live on pay-per-view, we could probably raise enough money to take care of whole senior housing crises. Could the actual senior housing problem be because it's an industry dominated by women like Lori & Misty? Just a thought...
Latest Casualty

United States

#1453 Dec 1, 2008
Loving The Cat Fight wrote:
LOL - This is the funniest blog online! If only we could get Lori & Misty together live on pay-per-view, we could probably raise enough money to take care of whole senior housing crises. Could the actual senior housing problem be because it's an industry dominated by women like Lori & Misty? Just a thought...
The Jerry Springer Show...
Lori -Phoenix

Troutman, NC

#1454 Dec 1, 2008
Latest Casualty wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jerry Springer Show...
Okay, Now I'M embarassed after reading these replies... it did sound "Jerry Springer-ish" My apologies for stooping to that level and taking the bait to reply to her comment. I do care about the residents and the employees' futures. I am glad to be gone from SW, however.
YoYo

Spokane, WA

#1455 Dec 2, 2008
Cambridge Court, Mesquite TX is no longer with Sunwest.
obamas sister

Mableton, GA

#1456 Dec 2, 2008
Loving The Cat Fight wrote:
That's too funny. People need to try and stop bashing people and care more for the generation that has provided us with jobs because when they all go, our generation has nothing to live for we have no savings. SW only offers 401k to corporate and direct deposits to corporate.what are little people like us suppose to do?..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min Beams 63,943
Air Duct Cleaning Companies Get Sales Leads (Apr '12) 8 hr auraairductcleaning 3
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 hr ImPeach 242,530
News 'Not My President': Protesters Rail Against Don... (Nov '16) 19 hr USA 372
News Congressman Issa joins effort to get a oeMade I... 20 hr Solarman 1
News New dams coming to California? A dozen projects... Wed Solarman 1
News After Virginia, Northern California braces for ... Wed Solarman 1
More from around the web