State sues to revoke Sunwest license,...

State sues to revoke Sunwest license, exclude top executives

There are 2513 comments on the Lassen County Times/STPNS story from Feb 7, 2007, titled State sues to revoke Sunwest license, exclude top executives. In it, Lassen County Times/STPNS reports that:

Last October, California's Department of Social Services filed a scathing action against Sunwest Management, an Oregon-based corporation that manages residential health care facilities for the elderly and it's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lassen County Times/STPNS.

Investor 101

Antioch, CA

#2197 Jul 26, 2009
Ex KDA Employee wrote:
Suprise. Suprise! Did think it would end up any other way with Harder?
Nobody talking these days...is Harder finally off the hook...still haven't seen any checks in the mail...he has really done a great job securing himself and sticking it to the rest of us...
Valencia Investor

Valencia, CA

#2199 Jul 26, 2009
You might see checks soon. I believe we (as investors) will see cash in 2010. I know that is 6 months out but it will help. Say 2%. Not 10%. But again, it will help.
Rosewood

Seaside, OR

#2200 Jul 26, 2009
Like they say money can't buy you happiness but it looks like it can get you anything else you want including a don't pap the piper card.
ActionJackson

United States

#2201 Aug 7, 2009
It's why anyone here that is disgusted with Jon Harder, et al should contact the SEC Attorney, Mark Fickes at: fickesm@sec.gov and let him know that Mr Harder deserves time & a large monetary penalty. Wouldn't hurt to at least try..........The SEC has put other people in prison for lesser ponzi schemes.

Disgusted in Georgia wrote:
<quoted text>
Harder belongs in cell right next to Maddox. This is unbelievable! I feel for the investors and especially for the residents of the facilities because nothing will change for the better. Harder/Sunwest will continue think only of themselves and nothing of the residents. Harder may think he is invincable, but someday - sooner than he thinks - he will be old too and all his money is not going to buy him good care! I hope is served the tainted fruits and vegetables and the meat with no taste. I hope he has to lie in bed with his wet Depends and sit in a memory care unit that is more like a morgue......and when he tries to asks for something, the staff person will ignore him or answer in broken English. Oh, I could on and on.........but the States do NOTHING. They have their rules that are not enforced!....and now the SEC is more worried about saving Harder. Let's face it, the investors won't get their money back and Harder and his cohorts will circumvent the system as always. Can you tell I am angry?.........
Valencia Investor

Valencia, CA

#2202 Aug 8, 2009
Harder was very smart. Walley Gutzler counsoled peopled involved in Ponzie schemes. The system was set up to be a Ponzie from the beggining with enough outs to claim innocence. The SEC will not be able to go after him criminally but the civil penalties will be stiff. Unfortunatley, his lifestyle won't change so the moral of the story is white collar crime is the most profitable venture to undertake. See Madoff, Stamford, et. al.
hello

Chicago, IL

#2203 Aug 13, 2009
hello
hello

Chicago, IL

#2204 Aug 13, 2009
Missy McAllister, HOW IN THE WORLD DOES SHE HAVE HER POSITION????????? Our employees can't have visable tat's she has them on her feet her arms her back. We should give positive feedback prior to a right up ??? OH PLEASE!!!!! She is the most evil angry person, I have ever had the displeasure of knowing.
Any one with 1/3 of the brain she has is gone. AND that does NOT take MUCH!!! Trust me. Her wonderful employees are abused until they can no longer bear to work.
Where is the reorginzation crew on her??? Why is allowed to be the dictator of her own region, and not answer to another human being???
Because her NUMBERS are good. Yours' would be tooo if you used threats and fear........
Hey Hamstreet boys take a good hard look at this one!!!!!
Rosewood

Central Point, OR

#2205 Aug 13, 2009
hello wrote:
Missy McAllister, HOW IN THE WORLD DOES SHE HAVE HER POSITION????????? Our employees can't have visable tat's she has them on her feet her arms her back. We should give positive feedback prior to a right up ??? OH PLEASE!!!!! She is the most evil angry person, I have ever had the displeasure of knowing.
Any one with 1/3 of the brain she has is gone. AND that does NOT take MUCH!!! Trust me. Her wonderful employees are abused until they can no longer bear to work.
Where is the reorginzation crew on her??? Why is allowed to be the dictator of her own region, and not answer to another human being???
Because her NUMBERS are good. Yours' would be tooo if you used threats and fear........
Hey Hamstreet boys take a good hard look at this one!!!!!
you make the assumption someone higher up cares. There are loads like her most of which sit in the home office. and none of them care, thats how they got where they are Missy should do very well for herself
Rachel Corbin

College Station, TX

#2206 Aug 22, 2009
i have to say F U C K Y O U
Rachel Corbin

College Station, TX

#2207 Aug 22, 2009
you pepole using name bashing on the internet makes it really hard for somone of the same name to find a job. lets jut take this as a lesson to not say names over the inter net insted lets say the person of subject. or i dont know but you google your self and you get bull. about 70 somthin % of employers nowdays they google you for some reason.
harris2

Gig Harbor, WA

#2208 Aug 23, 2009
ATTENTION: WONTGOAWAY, ED 2 b, LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON JOHNNY BOY KLEVINS FROM NORTH CAROLINA OR ANYWHERE ELSE.

E-MAIL ME AT gravedancers1956@yahoo.com
harris2

Gig Harbor, WA

#2209 Aug 23, 2009

ATTENTION: WONTGOAWAY, ED 2 b, LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON JOHNNY BOY KLEVINS FROM NORTH CAROLINA OR ANYWHERE ELSE.

Wontgoaway wrote:
Let's lay off of Catherine and LH for a while. I am more interested in having fun with Klevins.
I hear the footsteps getting closer John, who can it be today? Could it be corporate looking to ferret your lying butt out? Could it be the County on a complaint? Maybe it is someone else looking to investigate something????
You never know, Johnny Boy. Hope you have fun with your Christmas trees.
You know you haven't heard the last of me.
harris2

Gig Harbor, WA

#2210 Aug 23, 2009
Wontgoaway wrote:
Oh where have you been, Johnny Boy, Johnny Boy???? Log in here so we can bash Southpark to your face. I know you are out there.......

concern x-employee

Gilbert, AZ

#2211 Aug 23, 2009
sunshine village in phoenix az. is owned by sunwest and the adminstrators there know and the nurse change incidents report to save them so the family of the residents don't fine out about the poor care given to there love ones,the nurse don't check out reports when residents fall or are sick . administrator covered a sexial report of a resident and the two employees are still working there .don't put your love one's in this place 8-23-09
Desert Land

Seaside, OR

#2212 Aug 23, 2009
concern x-employee wrote:
sunshine village in phoenix az. is owned by sunwest and the adminstrators there know and the nurse change incidents report to save them so the family of the residents don't fine out about the poor care given to there love ones,the nurse don't check out reports when residents fall or are sick . administrator covered a sexial report of a resident and the two employees are still working there .don't put your love one's in this place 8-23-09
You should report the nurse to your state board of nursing. It's confidential your seniors deserve better
amazed

United States

#2213 Aug 23, 2009
This has all been going on in at least AZ for some time....the smart ones all have gotten out....it took me some time....REPORT EVERYTHING! NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE!!! We all need to take a stand no matter how big or small we feel our position is....do something...
The people who have created the problem are milking it and making millions! Dont let their "bankruptcy" BS fool you! PLEASE!
DO SOMETHING!!!!
exKDAemployee

Shreveport, LA

#2214 Aug 25, 2009
Nothing is EVER going to change, I would think that fact would be OBVIOUS by now!
amazed

Alameda, CA

#2215 Aug 25, 2009
I completely agree....but they should NOT be let to deal so easily....why not make it as difficult as possible....too many pple have been hurt....that is the problem...i hope they didnt set out to be slime and to rob people for their own fortune...but that is where they are at now...we LAUGH at where they are..how sad is that....at what price have they sold out? They will get there day....we may not see it...but things alway work out!!! They should be frightened!!!:(
Joe

La Junta, CO

#2216 Aug 26, 2009
wow, the holy Sarah Green is working for crooks
ex-employee

Anniston, AL

#2217 Aug 26, 2009
The sad thing is that they have profited from what they have done while the number of residents, residents families, employees, and investors who have been harmed by the company is huge. And yet those at the top are getting away with it...walking away with all the money they have stashed in off-shore accounts and still living the good life. Yes, you all heard me right- countless people at the top have money offshores that the US government probably doesn't know about. It is a huge Ponzi scheme and those at the top deserve jail time. We should be making an example of them so that future senior living home operators don't try to take advantage of those at their mercy. Jon, Daryl, Curtis, Wally, Deana- they all schemed to get as much money as they could while providing the least care possible. They should be ashamed of themselves. And if they don't get the punishment they deserve from the justice system, I sure hope karma gets them back someday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min U_Nil_ Name 243,313
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr SAUCY FART 64,450
News Judge rules wedding cake for gays violates bake... 3 hr Wondering 67
News Court rules California bakeries may REFUSE to d... 3 hr Wondering 25
News After billions in tax increases, Californians d... 7 hr Coal is King 7
News Judge intends to visit giant homeless camp in C... 18 hr Emily Litella 2
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Fri Imprtnrd 201,803
More from around the web