Black Flight? Blacks Relocating as Mexicans Move-In?

Posted in the California Forum

The Truth

Poughkeepsie, NY

#1 Oct 10, 2010
This isn't a "racist" post...Merely an observation. As Mexicans (and other Central American) immigrants move into certain (non-Hispanic) areas, the current residents move away. Historically, this phenomenon has typically been between Blacks and Whites (termed "White Flight"), however recently I have observed this in historically Black neighborhoods. Black families are moving to more expensive areas (Black and non-Black) as a response to the influx of Mexican and Central-American immigrants. As a highly-educated African-American woman, I think I prided myself in our image as being very tolerent and open-minded...I guess I'm surprised that many (particularly affluent) Blacks seem to emulate whites--opting to leave a community rather than attempt to interact with newcomers. Is anyone else surprised? Would you move away if a (less-affluent) Mexican family moved in next door? If so, why?
James K Polk

Santa Cruz, CA

#2 Oct 11, 2010
I would because wherever Mexicans show up they inevitably bring gang violence with them. It's part of their culture and it's not a part of my culture.

Mexicans also have a tendency not to assimilate and to learn English. Instead, they force us to conform to them. If I moved to Mexico and behaved this way, and waved my American flag, and my kids ran around shooting up their neighborhoods, I would be condemned for this and rightfully so.

But in America liberals have managed to establish a culture of reverse racism where only "white" people are judged for anything.
The Don

Burbank, CA

#3 Apr 1, 2013
Bhahaha!Black Flight.
Ahnold

Phoenix, AZ

#4 Apr 4, 2013
The only "black flight" I've observed is jiggers running from the cops. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Walter 187,778
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min IB DaMann 53,005
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 24 min Nine Ball 59,554
News Health care: Illegal immigrants would get Medi-... 10 hr tomin cali 1
News The underground world of cockfighting (Dec '08) 10 hr Jose Gonzales Ste... 148
News Robert Kennedy, Jr. is right about vaccines: A ... 11 hr misinvisible2u 9
News The Great California Train Shortage 14 hr Taxes 5
More from around the web