Spanking Children Against The Law?

Spanking Children Against The Law?

There are 771 comments on the Susan Murphy-Milano..."Moving Out, Moving On" story from Jan 21, 2007, titled Spanking Children Against The Law?. In it, Susan Murphy-Milano..."Moving Out, Moving On" reports that:

If this zany idea were to become law, California could be the place where the nanny state meets the authoritarian state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Susan Murphy-Milano..."Moving Out, Moving On".

sean

Sunnyvale, CA

#25 Feb 10, 2007
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree ann....it teaches children that learning is a painful experience. why not change learning to a loving happy experience. bullies are more than likely in an oppressed envoirnment where they feel no control or real healthy personal identity. violence just creates a more violent world. like i have said in my past posts human beings all of them are precious and quite possibly if all children are treated this way by their parents they will not grow up and add abuse and hostility to an already hostile world.
Anon...your wrong buddy, spanking does not create violence ok!!!, thats only going by your liberal twisted head. My father used to do worse to me than you would ever imagine of what you would expect how the average parent raises there kids. My father took me out to his woodshed and gave me the razor strap to my ***, and you didnt see me crying child abuse and im not a violent person. See its people like you anon who want to control everything your way that doesnt agree with you. God help it if you took over this country because knowing control freaks like you, it wouldnt surprise me a bit if if laws were being passed that we would get fined for not locking up our bicycles. You liberals sit here and ***** about that "ohh spanking is sooo child abuse and it creates violences", but i never see you liberals once calling abortion child abuse (not to get off the topic) why is that??
sean

Sunnyvale, CA

#26 Feb 10, 2007
LBC Resident wrote:
Anne excuse me but your an idiot.
In the politically correct season of today, there is more violence and perversion going on than ever.
In the old days where kids were disciplined commonly, we didn't have all these school shootings now did we?
Your logic is ridiculous, and so are you, and the characters you're creating to agree with you.
You can't fight common sense sweety.
agree LBC
sean

Sunnyvale, CA

#27 Feb 10, 2007
papi chulo wrote:
spanking is for discipline sometimes parents use it as abuse but how else would children lean come up with one
You know what?? Spanking is not child abuse my freind and neither is taking a razor strap to your childs bare *** six times. Until you walked in my shoes as a child taking that kind of old fashion punishment, then you come tell me whats real abuse. Believe me i was never abused, in fact i thank my father for raising me the way he did , even though i didnt agree with it. Thats exactly my point, if you dont use the old fashion punishment by taking your kid out to the woodshed, your kids will growup to be criminals, and they will walk all over you, plus not to mention they will take advantage of your kindness. You liberals seem to not get it i swear. You think spanking your kid is abused, hey, put yourself in my shoes as a kid and then come tell me later wether or not spanking is abusive
sean

Sunnyvale, CA

#28 Feb 10, 2007
Spanking is nothing compared to what i used to endure by my father when he took out that razor strap to my *** six times mercifully

Since: Feb 07

United States

#31 Feb 10, 2007
Spanking is a useful tool. I was raised getting spanked and my kids were too. At a certin age though it was not needed, I no longer need to spank my kids, they listen but its painfully obvious when i go to the grocery store alot of kids now days are going without spankings ... and it shows , its actually quite sad and embarrassing for everyone present. I myself will stick to the old saying "spare the rod,spoil the child"
PBI

Washington, DC

#32 Feb 10, 2007
john monroe wrote:
Spanking is a useful tool. I was raised getting spanked and my kids were too. At a certin age though it was not needed, I no longer need to spank my kids, they listen but its painfully obvious when i go to the grocery store alot of kids now days are going without spankings ... and it shows , its actually quite sad and embarrassing for everyone present. I myself will stick to the old saying "spare the rod,spoil the child"
I agree completely with you. We've become such wussies and witnessing these spoiled rotten brats as you have in the grocery store is just more proof. Oh, but we don't want to hurt their self esteem or feeeelings.....give me a break.
SNJ Norway

Stavanger, Norway

#34 Feb 11, 2007
john monroe wrote:
Anyone remembering Lyndie England and her companions
sentenced for serious harrassment of Iraqi prisoners of war and embarrassing U.S.A in front of the entire world ? Hope not!
Anyone thinking she was brought up in a caring, considerate and non-spanking home? A home where
inflicting physical pain upon others was absolutely banned? Or is it possible her role-models were the
pro-spanking kind...?
Anyone thinking her actions did not initiate further violence towards the U.S./allied troops out there?
( I need no answers here.)
SNJ Norway

Stavanger, Norway

#35 Feb 11, 2007
Sry I failed to correct b4 posting:'pls read first sentence: "Anyone forgotten Lynddie England and...."
blockxbam

Oakland, CA

#36 Feb 11, 2007
Spanking and abuse are not the same things. I see kids all of the time throwing themselves on the floor and kicking and screamin all because they didn't get no candy bar or a toy. They got smart lipped ways and the punk ass parents let them do the shit. If they wanna act up and they don't listen to "Shhhh... Behave" spankem. I bet that damn pervert that was the was to recieve the "MAXFACTER" empire didn't get his ass spanked that's why he ended up bein a maniac.

Since: Feb 07

Pasadena, CA

#37 Feb 11, 2007
Will someone please spank me?
Amber

Quitman, GA

#38 Feb 11, 2007
Who cares? Are you going to be spanked? No so don't worry about it...
Mississippi Proud

Austin, TX

#40 Feb 11, 2007
HEEEE'S BAAACK!!

There is a distinct difference in DISCIPLINE & ABUSE!!

The laws are already in place to protect abused children although many times the system fails them by replacing them with the abusers!

Babies should not be spanked!

Strong-willed rugrats who know the difference between right-wrong, and are outright defiant in spite of Mom or Dad's attempts to bring them back to reality through "time-out", rewards or any other games you use to make yourself believe you are winning the battle, deserve a SWAT to the buttock area using pressure only strong enough to snap them back into the mindset of an obedient child. Its not about inflicting pain or humiliation but learning who is in charge. It should only be used as a last resort!!

As I have stated on another forum regarding this subject, If parents would quit allowing themselves to be bullied by their own kids, we would have less criminals on "Time-Out"!!
Mississippi Proud

Austin, TX

#41 Feb 11, 2007
PocketWookie wrote:
Will someone please spank me?
Have you been Bad???
sean

Sunnyvale, CA

#42 Feb 11, 2007
who all feels that there should be a no spanking law??
PBI

Washington, DC

#43 Feb 11, 2007
Mississippi Proud wrote:
HEEEE'S BAAACK!!
There is a distinct difference in DISCIPLINE & ABUSE!!
The laws are already in place to protect abused children although many times the system fails them by replacing them with the abusers!
Babies should not be spanked!
Strong-willed rugrats who know the difference between right-wrong, and are outright defiant in spite of Mom or Dad's attempts to bring them back to reality through "time-out", rewards or any other games you use to make yourself believe you are winning the battle, deserve a SWAT to the buttock area using pressure only strong enough to snap them back into the mindset of an obedient child. Its not about inflicting pain or humiliation but learning who is in charge. It should only be used as a last resort!!
As I have stated on another forum regarding this subject, If parents would quit allowing themselves to be bullied by their own kids, we would have less criminals on "Time-Out"!!
The Nanny State just won't quit. Isn't it obvious these people know better than us how to raise our kids? It takes a village dontcha know? Just another reason I'm glad I fled CA when I did.
Mississippi Proud

Austin, TX

#44 Feb 11, 2007
Abuse Yes, Spanking NO!!

At what point are we going to quit letting Big Brother raise our families?? The government needs to pay attention to other issues such as tougher sentences including the death penalty for sex offenses against children instead of worrying about "Johnnie" getting his little butt spanked for calling his momma a *itch!!
Wiz

United States

#45 Feb 11, 2007
Spank is not the same as beating.
a small swat on a childs but covered with a diaper and clothes is not beating.
Spanking should be the last resort but not against the law. If a child is trying to touch a hot stove and keeps trying and time out doesn't get it . A quick slap to the hand does wonders.
What if you were playing with your kid in the front yard and you gave them a love swat while playing and your neighbor video taped you. Guess what you go to jail.. You stupid people get a grip, keep the gov. out of our business.
Kids already turn there parents in for things that did not happen and the parents go to jail.
I can't believe this woman go voted in.
I think she needs to be impeached.
If you people want to protect yourselves, you better do something. Or you will be in deep do do..
Megan

Las Vegas, NV

#47 Feb 16, 2007
I think that spanking your kid, should be your choice. Sometimes kids need alittle smack...Im not saying that you should beat a kid but if your kid is not responding and correcting there behavior by talking or time outs or what not, then you need to find something that works. Soon we will have no parental control over our kids. I may only be 17 years old and I may not have kids but I love kids to death and I work at a daycare I see kids and how they act. Spanking a kid isnt going to hurt them. Your the parent of your kid you decide. You dont want to spank your kid then dont. You do then go ahead. We shouldnt allow the goverment to make that desision for us after all they ae your kids right???
Jeff

Virginia Beach, VA

#48 Feb 16, 2007
Spanking should not be outlawed. The problem you have is that when you don't have clear cut consequences for actions, you end up with criminals, and the proverbial "spoiled brats". Spanking (not abuse) is a teaching tool. It teaches you that for every egregious action there is a consequence. I like many, was spanked, not abused and grew up knewing that if I did something wrong there would be a less than desirable consequence for it. Do people still do wrong, yes, but a little discipline has kept a whole ton of us from doing wrong because we know that not only is it wrong but we'll pay for what we did.
Mississippi Proud

Austin, TX

#49 Feb 16, 2007
Jeff wrote:
Spanking should not be outlawed. The problem you have is that when you don't have clear cut consequences for actions, you end up with criminals, and the proverbial "spoiled brats". Spanking (not abuse) is a teaching tool. It teaches you that for every egregious action there is a consequence. I like many, was spanked, not abused and grew up knewing that if I did something wrong there would be a less than desirable consequence for it. Do people still do wrong, yes, but a little discipline has kept a whole ton of us from doing wrong because we know that not only is it wrong but we'll pay for what we did.
Exactly what I said on another forum!! If kids grew up knowing there are consequences for bad behavior then they are less likely to end up in jail on a time out!!! And as stated before on another forum, If SADDAM's MOM had beaten his little ass and taught him to respect others, he might not be lying in a hole wishing his head and body were still attached!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Hill4me 222,372
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 42 min Posterior Plonker... 61,020
GD Designs Rochdale (26) 11 hr august005 1
News California court decision keeps teacher tenure ... Tue Birds Landing Bob 1
News Joe Guzzardi: UC Shows Blatant Favoritism towar... Tue Dee Dee Dee 2
Youth Track & Field Teams in Los Angeles County (Oct '11) Aug 21 Queenkweli 17
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) Aug 21 In Gods we Trust 61,397
More from around the web