Video: 9/23: Romney trailing in nearl...

Video: 9/23: Romney trailing in nearly every swing state; Calif. may eliminate death penalty

There are 89 comments on the CBS News story from Sep 23, 2012, titled Video: 9/23: Romney trailing in nearly every swing state; Calif. may eliminate death penalty. In it, CBS News reports that:

With 44 days left in the presidential race, Mitt Romney is forced into recovery mode after a rough week on the campaign trail.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#66 Sep 24, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>POLL: ROMNEY TAKES 14-PT LEAD AMONG MIDDLE CLASS...
Gave 1,000X as Much to Charity in a Year as Biden Gave in a Decade...
Yes, now through Romney's generosity, the Mormon church heirarchy can afford more bling on their underwear.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#67 Sep 24, 2012
Space Cowboy wrote:
Obama's gonna get to learn what the term "Landslide" means.
We the People are coming.....
FUBO
Obama already knows what landslide means. He learned what it meant in 2008.
serfs up

Melbourne, FL

#68 Sep 24, 2012
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
A good baby boomer president would NOT be Romney.
Maybe, maybe not. But I believe he is going to be elected. This is not 2008 and the current President now has a record to go with his rhetoric and many people that were bypassed that were middle class as special needs partisan politics was the rule of the day. He screwed up there. Either way I am tire of all the banter and commercials that seem to have run for a year or more and want this over.
Responsibility

Redwood City, CA

#69 Sep 24, 2012
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Time for the next guy too come to the plate.
Yes, we are grateful that the "good guy" came to the plate in 2008. The voters will not want to go backwards with the shifty, strange deer-in-the-headlights ROmney - especially after his 47 percenter "victim" "those folks" disrespect.
serfs up

Melbourne, FL

#70 Sep 24, 2012
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we are grateful that the "good guy" came to the plate in 2008. The voters will not want to go backwards with the shifty, strange deer-in-the-headlights ROmney - especially after his 47 percenter "victim" "those folks" disrespect.
Responsibility, there has been nasty things said by progressives. Don't play the deer in the head lights innocent act. Come January and the firsr few months after his swearing in, we will all see what Romney does. And if people get taxed by the healthcare law they are going to be pizzed. Talk about disrespect!
Hussain the Terrible

Anchorage, AK

#71 Sep 24, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, now through Romney's generosity, the Mormon church heirarchy can afford more bling on their underwear.
Why would YOU care as long as YOU get first dibs on the contents?
obama Little Boy

Philadelphia, PA

#72 Sep 24, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, now through Romney's generosity, the Mormon church heirarchy can afford more bling on their underwear.
this is what passes for humor in the smelly Lawrence Wolf household (fart enclosure)

Lawrence will have fun playing with the controls on his Dutch Oven later this evening

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#74 Sep 24, 2012
obama Little Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
this is what passes for humor in the smelly Lawrence Wolf household (fart enclosure)
Lawrence will have fun playing with the controls on his Dutch Oven later this evening
My dutch oven gets laughs. You get hemmorhoids.
OBAMA 2012

La Puente, CA

#75 Sep 24, 2012
Wow, look at at the reflubs spinning because things aren't going their way...it's making me dizzy!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#78 Sep 24, 2012
Romney just shows himself, everyday, to be a complete and utter moron.

Get a load of the INCOMPETENT moron saying that airplanes should roll down their windows (while in flight at altitude) because, yeah.....no because.

Romney is an effing moron.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#79 Sep 24, 2012
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Responsibility, there has been nasty things said by progressives. Don't play the deer in the head lights innocent act. Come January and the firsr few months after his swearing in, we will all see what Romney does. And if people get taxed by the healthcare law they are going to be pizzed. Talk about disrespect!
Romney will be in the basement of his son's house blaming everyone, including smuthead Ann, for his loss.

This is what Romney does. He blames everyone else for his failures like the little child he is.
Responsibility

Redwood City, CA

#81 Sep 25, 2012
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Don't play the deer in the head lights innocent act.
What has 'deer in the headlights' have to do with innocence? It is an expression, dearie, where the candidate (or others) do not know (or believe) what they are saying and feel out of their depth in an interview when they should know the answer - with confidence.
ROmney seems to lack the confidence, knowledge and seems out of his depth.
Responsibility

Redwood City, CA

#82 Sep 25, 2012
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Talk about disrespect!
ROmney's belief in health care for "those folks" who are having difficulty affording health care:

"Some provide that care through clinics, some provide that care through emergency rooms,” Romney said.

Didn't ROmney tell us that one of the reasons for the Massachusetts health-care law was to keep people out of the ER?

“It doesn’t make a lot of sense for us to have millions and millions of people who have no health insurance and yet who can go to the emergency room and get entirely free care for which they have no responsibility,” he said.

How things have changed/etch-a-sketched!
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#83 Sep 25, 2012
Citizen0178 wrote:
<quoted text>
Odd reasoning, here. Usually the repubs follow the constitution and respect the three branches of government. It's the dems who try to circumvent laws
??? Repubs??? Follow the constitution???? In what way? The GOP stand firmly against the constitution. Look at Scalia, he is supposed to be the top republican standing for the constitution and he calls the constitution "plastic man" because it can mean anything you want. Judging from his rulings, it can mean directly contradictory things simultaneously.

Perhaps you pay more attention to what they say, rather than what they do. While occasionally they talk about supporting the constitution, they rarely follow it, only obeying the constitution when convenient.

This is not to say the democrats are better. For example, bush and his republican congress pushed for and passed the Pat Act which removes habeas corpus; a direct attack on our constitution. That alone is enough to never vote for a republican again. What did the democrats do? They extended it, and passed NDAA to further enshrine our loss of freedom.

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#84 Sep 25, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Obama already knows what landslide means. He learned what it meant in 2008.
We the People are coming......

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#85 Sep 25, 2012
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we are grateful that the "good guy" came to the plate in 2008. The voters will not want to go backwards with the shifty, strange deer-in-the-headlights ROmney - especially after his 47 percenter "victim" "those folks" disrespect.
Wonder how Obama was elected and polls can be off so much........

Howard Stern Interviews Obama Supporters 2012

Howard Stern contributors Sal and Richard travel to Harlem to interview Obama supporters and ask them why they are voting for Obama.

Stern and his crew ask denizens of Harlem various outrageous questions, including if they believe Obama will find and kill Osama bin Laden; if Romney is a Muslim and if Obama is a Mormon; if Obama made the right choice by picking Paul Ryan as his running mate and if he did it because he is black.

One interviewee was under the impression that 2008 Republican nominee John McCain is also running this time.

"Just trust me, not one person knew that Osama bin Laden was dead," Stern said during the segment.

"Well, we're obviously dealing with a whole population that doesn't listen to the newscasts or read a newspaper," co-host Robin Quivers said.

Real Clear Politics Video
The Latest Politics, News & Election Videos

Posted on September 24, 2012
Howard Stern Interviews Obama Supporters 2012
FUNNIEST THING YOU HAVE EVER HEARD…………OUT OF TEN PEOPLE NONE KNEW OSAMA WAS DEAD, ONE THOUGHT McCAIN WAS RUNNING AGAIN………….THIS FOLKS IS THE INFORMED OBAMA VOTER.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#86 Sep 25, 2012
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
What has 'deer in the headlights' have to do with innocence? It is an expression, dearie, where the candidate (or others) do not know (or believe) what they are saying and feel out of their depth in an interview when they should know the answer - with confidence.
ROmney seems to lack the confidence, knowledge and seems out of his depth.
Maybe if he went on the View more.........he would look more presidential in your eyes.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#87 Sep 25, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
Romney just shows himself, everyday, to be a complete and utter moron.
Get a load of the INCOMPETENT moron saying that airplanes should roll down their windows (while in flight at altitude) because, yeah.....no because.
Romney is an effing moron.
Howard Stern just proved the Obama voters are the morons.....they think Ryan is Obama's vice presidential candidate and that he is black. Talk about your informed voter.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#88 Sep 25, 2012
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> He was not my first choice. But he is not my last choice either. The reason he loses, if he does....IS PURE HATE! Nothing will get better if Obama wins. Nothing. Just the pride of voting in a man with a "D" next to his name. This man has been treated with kids gloves. It is tragic. Comedy on him is mild to say the least. And because he has been treated with kids gloves, the animosity and divide will grow wider if he wins. That will most likely start setting up America for more hard line candidates in the future if the decline continues. And there will be acceptance of them.
"The animosity grows" because of haters and dividers like you and other Conservatives and reTHUGlicans. You lie about Obama, you hate him, you want to take the Presidency away at any price to America. Why?

Greed, lust for power, racist resentment...lots of reasons. But even if he's imperfect, Obama's still a better choice than Mittens and Lyin' Paul Ryan.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#89 Sep 25, 2012
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
"The animosity grows" because of haters and dividers like you and other Conservatives and reTHUGlicans. You lie about Obama, you hate him, you want to take the Presidency away at any price to America. Why?
Greed, lust for power, racist resentment...lots of reasons. But even if he's imperfect, Obama's still a better choice than Mittens and Lyin' Paul Ryan.
Miner: Elizabeth Warren’s biz ‘hypocritical’
Warren fought for steel company to avoid paying benefits
By Hillary Chabot and Joe Battenfeld

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 - Updated 11 hours ago
Democrat Elizabeth Warren, who has made fighting for workers a focus of her Senate campaign, was a hired legal gun for a steel conglomerate trying to dodge paying health and pension benefits to thousands of retired coal miners, records show.

Warren represented LTV Steel in 1995, when she was a Harvard Law professor, aiding the bankrupt company’s bid to overturn a court ruling forcing it to pay its former employees and dependents $140 million in retirement benefits.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 64,312
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 hr loose cannon 243,098
News California is No. 2 in - judicial hellhole' ranks Fri Concave 1
News Firefighter fatality reported at huge Californi... Fri Concave 1
News Countdown clock ticking for Trump, Republicans Fri Concave 54
NJ Senator Stephen Sweeney arrested Thu joey 1
Ben Morgan of Facebook (Apr '17) Dec 14 Kayante 2
More from around the web