Kosovo: Back to the Balkans on the long road to peace

There are 20 comments on the The Independent story from Jul 27, 2013, titled Kosovo: Back to the Balkans on the long road to peace. In it, The Independent reports that:

A political tour is the perfect way to get to grips with the recent history of a nation, as former Independent on Sunday foreign correspondent Raymond Whitaker discovered on a return visit to the region Note: We do not store your email address but your IP address will be logged to prevent abuse of this feature.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Independent.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“ Cetnik Sumadijas Clarified”

Since: Feb 09

Cute Cetnik Servs

#2 Jul 28, 2013
I returned repeatedly to Kosovo, first under Slobodan Milosevic's increasingly brutal Serbian regime, then after Nato and Russian forces occupied the territory and found themselves struggling to curb reprisals by the Albanian majority against their former oppressors.

Cute Cetnik Servs

#3 Jul 28, 2013
my memories of this corner of the Balkans, slightly smaller than Northern Ireland, were of burning homes and bloodshed.

Cute Cetnik Servs

#4 Jul 28, 2013
is no longer Pristina to its inhabitants but Prishtina, capital of an independent nation.

Cute Cetnik Servs

#5 Jul 28, 2013
A few months later, I narrowly escaped a beating by a crowd of Serbs who claimed I was a spy for the Kosovo Liberation Army

serbs paranoid as usual....

Cute Cetnik Servs

#6 Jul 28, 2013
It was a relief when we left the aggression behind and returned to the relative normality of the rest of Kosovo.

maniac violent serbs......in the DNA.
ime

Belgrade, Serbia

#7 Jul 28, 2013
http://www.eurasiareview.com/26072013-kosovo-...

Very long road to peace and fair settlement.
ime

UK

#8 Jul 28, 2013
http://www.dw.de/albanski-nacionalizam-opasno...

Mistake. I wanted to post above link.
ime

Budapest, Hungary

#9 Jul 28, 2013

Cute Cetnik Servs

#11 Jul 28, 2013
in a few words serbs are described as:

brutal

former oppresors

genociders

paranoid

aggressive/violent

inhuman(exception being the serb priest who protected Albanians in his church against Nazi Serbian army)

which explains why der Führer referred to them as subhuman...
Kop

Luton, UK

#14 Jul 28, 2013
blimey wrote:
in a few words serbs are described as:
brutal
former oppresors
genociders
paranoid
aggressive/violent
inhuman(exception being the serb priest who protected Albanians in his church against Nazi Serbian army)
which explains why der Führer referred to them as subhuman...
Exactly that is why they are backwards and will remain backwards if they do not change their ways

Cute Cetnik Servs

#15 Jul 28, 2013
Kop wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly that is why they are backwards and will remain backwards if they do not change their ways
how can they, are they not servs?

the only way for them to behave is by sending the remaining ones back to Serbia,takeover the churches,build a bigger wall than china's along the borde as far as the Adriatic in the west.
Kop

Slovenia

#16 Jul 28, 2013
Kop wrote:
<quoted text>
perfect description for alvos and alvania
prishtina

France

#17 Jul 28, 2013
albanian muslims cutting off heads of Serbs and trading organs, albanians climbing on Church, takin off the Cross and setting it on fire. Houses of Serbs are vandalised daily

www.kosovoliberationarmy.com

And they call us Serbs savage ehehehhe. Only nazi germans commited sicker war crimes than you. You are proudly taking the 2nd best place
Kop

Luton, UK

#18 Jul 28, 2013
blimey wrote:
<quoted text>how can they, are they not servs?
the only way for them to behave is by sending the remaining ones back to Serbia,takeover the churches,build a bigger wall than china's along the borde as far as the Adriatic in the west.
I thought it was about serbs
Kop

Luton, UK

#19 Jul 28, 2013
Kop wrote:
<quoted text>
perfect description for alvos and alvania
So says the copy cat that has copied my name
Kop

Luton, UK

#20 Jul 28, 2013
prishtina wrote:
albanian muslims cutting off heads of Serbs and trading organs, albanians climbing on Church, takin off the Cross and setting it on fire. Houses of Serbs are vandalised daily
www.kosovoliberationarmy.com
And they call us Serbs savage ehehehhe. Only nazi germans commited sicker war crimes than you. You are proudly taking the 2nd best place
Churches that were destroyed was orthodox and cutting the heads of serbs its not like they did not deserve it
haha

Kursumlija, Serbia

#21 Jul 28, 2013
Albanians are the most non wanted people of Europe. I mean their all neighbors hate them, and they don't have any friends.

They are authistic, they are wild, closed society, they are in to crimes, drugs, sex slavery, organ theft, land stealing, they are muslims, they are Al quaida cell in europe, and they are in to corruption and mysery. Kosovo Albanians are just savages who deserve nothing better but to go home in Albania or to drop dead and liberate occupied space of kosovo.
SrbGenocidTerori sti

Perth, Australia

#22 Jul 28, 2013
haha wrote:
Albanians are the most non wanted people of Europe. I mean their all neighbors hate them, and they don't have any friends.
They are authistic, they are wild, closed society, they are in to crimes, drugs, sex slavery, organ theft, land stealing, they are muslims, they are Al quaida cell in europe, and they are in to corruption and mysery. Kosovo Albanians are just savages who deserve nothing better but to go home in Albania or to drop dead and liberate occupied space of kosovo.
You are describing Serbs not Albanians.

Al Quaida bit makes no sense.
name goes here

Wilmington, DE

#23 Jul 28, 2013
Aren't people from Kosovo the biggest criminals in europe? They should never have been given their independence.
name goes here

Wilmington, DE

#24 Jul 29, 2013
haha wrote:
Is that true that the ppl in Kosovo are Albanians? Why don't they live in Albania? Something I never understood.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 35 min Just Think 59,553
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr OzRitz 52,999
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Guru 187,763
News Health care: Illegal immigrants would get Medi-... 6 hr tomin cali 1
News The underground world of cockfighting (Dec '08) 6 hr Jose Gonzales Ste... 148
News Robert Kennedy, Jr. is right about vaccines: A ... 7 hr misinvisible2u 9
News The Great California Train Shortage 10 hr Taxes 5
More from around the web