Obamacare Insurers to Cover Same-Sex ...

Obamacare Insurers to Cover Same-Sex Spouses Under U.S. Rule

There are 4 comments on the The Washington Post story from Mar 15, 2014, titled Obamacare Insurers to Cover Same-Sex Spouses Under U.S. Rule. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Separately, the government said a program for sick Americans who were denied insurance coverage before this year will be extended another month, through April.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#1 Mar 15, 2014
Yeah But, They don't cover Sex Reassignment Surgery (SRS)
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#3 Jul 25, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
If OBAMACARE is supposed to cover every American, that IS the LAW, then how can The Obamaniac suddenly just exempt more than 4,000,000 Americans by his say so ?
I'm sure you Obamaniac-lovers will dream up an excuse for his lawlessness though.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/24/ob...
Obama's latest claim:
'I don't care if it's legal, it's wrong'
http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/201407...

Central NJ

#5 Jul 25, 2014
You will never get a Democrat to admit it, but taxing anyone is wrong! Prior to 1913, all govt income came from tariffs. No one had to pay an income tax! April 15th was just another day on the calendar. No accountants chasing loopholes! No one went to prison on any tax related charges. Them came the 16th amendment and the burden shifted from the big foreign manufacturers to the workers and middle class, and of course, the wealthy who pay the heaviest burdens of all. Bring Back the Tariff!
My president was elected by dead people!
Regards, Terri
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's latest claim:
'I don't care if it's legal, it's wrong'
http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/201407...

Central NJ

#8 Jul 26, 2014
The NY, NJ axis is not friendly to taxpayers. Seems to me that NY's sales tax was more like 8% than 4%, NJ's is 7%, Pa's is 6%. No I don't want an increased sales tax! I want the tariff back! Let the Chinese into our markets, but make them pay to get here! Look back to the 1880s when (My Ancestor) Ben Harrison was president. America had a 1 Billion dollar annual SURPLUS! After all the bills were paid there was ONE BILLLION DOLLARS left over! How much of an impediment to trade was that? Bring back the tariff! In one of his speeches, Lincoln predicted we would have an army of collection agents, running around, spying on everyone. putting people in prison, etc if we ever replaced the Tariff with an income tax.
My president was elected by dead people!
Regards, Terri
Fa-Foxy wrote:
As far as federal income taxes are concerned, Congress passed the first personal income tax in 1861 to help pay for The [ongoing] War Between the States. This first federal income tax was part of the Revenue Act of 1861. This income tax was repealed and replaced by another income tax in 1862.
In 1894, Democrats in Congress passed the first peacetime income tax.
But in 1895, SCOTUS ruled that a tax based on receipts from the use of property to be unconstitutional.
The Court ruled that taxes on rents from real estate, on interest income from personal property and other income from personal property (which includes dividend income) were treated as direct taxes on property, and therefore had to be apportioned (divided among the states based on their populations). Since apportionment of income taxes is impractical, this had the effect of prohibiting a federal tax on income from property.
Hence the need, Congress decided, to pass the 16th Amendment.
Personally, I think the federal income tax should be completely abolished and replaced with a national sales tax of 19%. It would be a lot simpler, less costly system.
The reason a national sales tax would be so simple to implement and maintain is because the mechanisms for collecting it and accounting for it are already in place on the state level, as MOST states impose a sales tax.
For instance, New York, where I am from, imposes a 4% sales tax. So when you go to purchase something, New York would simply collect 23% sales, forward the 19% to the federal government, and keep the 4%(plus breakage which is traditionally kept by the collector) tax,
Furthermore another benefit is that instead of a large portion of federal tax money coming in in the month of April, a more steady monthly flow of tax money would be sent i by the states. as sales taxes are usually paid to the state monthly or quarterly.
Think of all the money that would be saved by not needing accountants and tax layers to figure out income taxes.
Why not substitute a national sales tax for the income tax ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 37 min OzRitz 54,320
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 46 min Pietro Armando 60,811
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques Ottawa 194,587
News California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 7 hr stupid hippies 5,134
just bored 8 hr gorgeousSophia 1
News Rock Royalty Ava Sambora's Guide to the Best Su... 12 hr cathmandiiii 5
News How battery-powered homes are unplugging Australia 20 hr Solarman 1
More from around the web