Superintendent protests education cuts

Feb 28, 2013 Full story: Lake County Record-Bee

Holbrook said that 5.3-percent sequestration cuts would add to more than $18 billion in cuts to education during the last four years.

Full Story
Disgusting

Clearlake, CA

#1 Mar 12, 2013
Holly wants to cut education? E D U C A T I O N? Really? How about we cut all the three figure incomes of all these six schools superintendents in LC!!! The size of LC and the number of students should only have ONE superintendent, plus all these six supers have staff? How much does that add up to? This is BS Mr. Holbrook! How disgusting that you and your friends Korby, Gills, etc... got you elected! Bet nothing gets cut from football or sports! You have these board of education meetings where you vote each other pay raises yet you have to answer to no one! You don't even let the public ask you questions at these meetings unless submitted in advance for approval! Nice little gig all you LCBOE "educators" have! A million dollar football fields followed by the layoffs of teacher and don't give us "it was from a different fund BS either! You people are out of control! You should be fired! Hey I know lay off all the principals of LC, like you did in UL.
WTFudge

Clearlake, CA

#2 Mar 12, 2013
All these cuts needed and you want to cut help to special education? Yah right, wouldn't cut anything from sports! Agree with Disgusting, it's about time you were fired this school district has gotten worse, the wages of those at the top have gotten higher, yet there are less teachers, and less educational resources for the students!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min Rogue Scholar 05 180,952
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr IBdaMann 48,593
Carly Fiorina actively explores 2016 presidenti... 12 hr Grubers R them 33
FERGUSON; so let me get this straight.... 12 hr Guru 1
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 18 hr hELMS 56,694
Altadena woman celebrates 104th birthday (Apr '10) Wed Deb K 6
Earthquake early alert system ready to expand i... Wed a minute of warning 1

California People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE