Crackdown on car cellphones

Dec 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sacramento Bee Newspaper

Nearly 3,000 drivers were caught breaking cellphone rules during a crackdown in Sacramento County and dozens of other police jurisdictions throughout Northern California, authorities reported Wednesday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
WTF

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

How about cracking down on the idiots with the ridiculously massive amps and speakers driving around town everywhere? That is a violation of the vehicle code as well and completely ignored here in this sh*thole. Bet you would uncover a few unlicensed drivers and probably worse by that simple gift to the people who pay property taxes here.

“Here's a interesting thought..”

Since: May 12

Vallejo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

WTF wrote:
How about cracking down on the idiots with the ridiculously massive amps and speakers driving around town everywhere? That is a violation of the vehicle code as well and completely ignored here in this sh*thole. Bet you would uncover a few unlicensed drivers and probably worse by that simple gift to the people who pay property taxes here.
While I hate the clown cars and their stereos I would rather have the cops give out tickets all day long to people that think the cell phone law does not apply to them. A loud stereo never killed anyone while these jack @zzez that talk on cell phones or text do so every day. Double the fine and make it a lose your license if you get caught a second time for a year. Third time is jail time and so on.
Wanglow

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

A Stupid unenforceable law that only engenders disrescpect for the police and the Law; Everybody uses their cell phone while driving. The ONLY reason this law exists is to protect insurance companies; if they subpeona your phone records after an accident they will deny your claim. I get pissed like everyone else but I do it myself; a Stupid law.
GEE

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

Oh my, it must be so special to be available at any time to answer the very pressing question on the hand-held: "What'cha doin"?

It is obvious that 99% of the population can not and should not multi task, especially when attempting to navigate a vehicle, which in it self is a challenge for many.
I bet dollars to doughnuts that if an individual is lacking in driving skill, they have a phone glued to their ear!

If that specific law were to be enforced in Vallejo with the knucklehead user getting hit in the wallet the first time, we probably could hire an additional officer to go after the noise makers.

That would make my day!

Can Of Worms

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

You're right on the money! We have the tecnology but not the money to implement a tracking and citation sytem similar to the Fast Track but applicable to a cellphone moving at 60 mph. Cellphone providers can be legally mandated to detect cellphone speeds and remotely disable it.
Can Of Worms

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Frohe Weihnachten!
GEE

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Can Of Worms wrote:
Frohe Weihnachten!
"...und Ein Gutes Neues Jahr" to You and Yours!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••