Atheists Seek Political Clout

Sep 23, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Real Clear Politics

As the number of Americans unaffiliated with any religion grows, different nonbeliever groups are increasing their political clout on Capitol Hill and in the White House, but say the stigma surrounding atheism makes electoral gains difficult to achieve.

Comments (Page 5)

Showing posts 81 - 100 of110
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler and The Nazis had one thing right, just as Patton pointed out also. They knew The USSR was evil and atheism sucks.
One minute, hitler is atheist, and then suddenly you support him because it turns out he hated atheists.

Look at you lying piece of sh*t creationist, just listen to yourselves - no credibility, lying wrecks of people you are!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
ATTEMPT!! ATTEMPT!!!!.I'll tell you what. You get one of your soulless bitches on the Presidential ballot and I assure you he'll get his ass kicked from sea to shinning sea. In fact the worm meat couldn't win a state in either primary. ATTEMPTING! Worm meat will be on the ballot and won't break one percent. Wake up stupid. What you offer sucks and America knows it.
We're all souless, you proofless idiot!

When you can prove your god, your opinions will matter more and not before - creationist liars are not to be trusted!

Look how you lie about history with your creationist museum! Liars the lot of you!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
ATTEMPT!! ATTEMPT!!!!.I'll tell you what. You get one of your soulless bitches on the Presidential ballot and I assure you he'll get his ass kicked from sea to shinning sea. In fact the worm meat couldn't win a state in either primary. ATTEMPTING! Worm meat will be on the ballot and won't break one percent. Wake up stupid. What you offer sucks and America knows it.
Step one to Gas Chambers of Mass-Murder:

Say things so that most folk will consider the people you target with your hate, are less than human

Step two to Gas Chambers of Mass-Murder:

Say things that will separate and isolate the people you target with your hate from the general population.

Step three to Gas Chambers of Mass-Murder:

Begin rounding up your targets for the actual murder.

YOU ARE ALREADY ON STEP TWO.
imom

West Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Say things so that most folk will consider the people you target with your hate, are less than human
Say things that will separate and isolate the people you target with your hate from the general population.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

imom wrote:
<quoted text>He just followed Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and Obama down the road. The only difference- Pelosi, Reid and Obama can actually do harm.
Creationists are always anti Obama neocons. It's a political cult after all, they'res money to be made from ignorant brainwashed creationists...
Cujo

Regina, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see religious people interfering with the rights of others. Some times they have strong opinions they may over kill. However, from what I see online atheist are far worse.
So, public schools have never had state sponsored, prayer? Christians don't try and get creationism into science class? Christians don't use legislative measures to stop abortion, based on their religious beliefs? Christians don't try and block stop gay marriage? Christians didn't, for a time, stop stem cell research, based on their religious beliefs?
That's far more than a strong opinion.

p.s. Atheists, for the most part, believe in secularism. This means you cannot force your relgion onto others, but you are free to practise what ever religion you choose, it just cannot be sanctioned or funded by government.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>You illustrate where religion can lead people.
http://www.positiveatheism.org/writ/ghwbush.h...
According to a 2012 poll, only 54% of USAmericans would vote for a non-believer for high political office.
Religion = superstition
It's divisive and outdated.
Ok send out your atheist an see how well he does.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't hear you over your proofless whining.
When you have some evidence for your god your cult sent you here to lie about, I'm all ears.
Until then you may f*ck off back to your cult cave of ignorance and talking to yourself or whatever it is you do to avoid facing up to the real, godless world we live in.
Look t the message tread, I owe no proof here. You are all ways going off topic. I am not whining why would I. You worm meat will never get political clout in The USA

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
One minute, hitler is atheist, and then suddenly you support him because it turns out he hated atheists.
Look at you lying piece of sh*t creationist, just listen to yourselves - no credibility, lying wrecks of people you are!
I don't agree, BUT! for the purpose of this conversation. Hitler was an atheist.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold on here. Skeptic has declared Hitler as an Atheist. For the rest of this tread, unless atheist say otherwise. I will respect Skeptics word on this issue. You guys work this out. In other conversations I might choose to debate this issue, but here I give you. Hitler was an Atheist. Congratulations, I think it is the first time this has been accomplished in our blogs.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationists are always anti Obama neocons. It's a political cult after all, they'res money to be made from ignorant brainwashed creationists...
Excellent post.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Cujo wrote:
<quoted text>
So, public schools have never had state sponsored, prayer? Christians don't try and get creationism into science class? Christians don't use legislative measures to stop abortion, based on their religious beliefs? Christians don't try and block stop gay marriage? Christians didn't, for a time, stop stem cell research, based on their religious beliefs?
That's far more than a strong opinion.
p.s. Atheists, for the most part, believe in secularism. This means you cannot force your relgion onto others, but you are free to practise what ever religion you choose, it just cannot be sanctioned or funded by government.
I won't argue each religion does make a drive to be "The Keepers of The Program." The difference between religions and atheism is, Atheism has no tolerance for any voice besides their own. I believe, we permit you to have the amount of voice you should have.
Priest

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>I trust they understand why people are religious and are tolerant and patient. It is difficult. Obviously no god sent a prophet to Earth and the Abrahamic god(s) is (are) nonsense. I think most sensible people ignore the 'Christianity'. Government is about policy and cooperation, not atheism vs religion. Whether someone is religious or not simply shouldn't matter. Religion is irrelevant to good, secular government. It's irrelevant to morality too.
The point was that voters, for now, are predominantly religious and would not vote for an atheist candidate. So, they have to play along if they want the office. In a perfect world religion would not be a factor, but it's not a perfect world.
Cujo

Regina, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree, BUT! for the purpose of this conversation. Hitler was an atheist.
But you said he hated atheists. Are you really Bill O'Reilly, always saying one thing and then change your position, and then claim to never to have said the 1st thing?
Cujo

Regina, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't argue each religion does make a drive to be "The Keepers of The Program." The difference between religions and atheism is, Atheism has no tolerance for any voice besides their own. I believe, we permit you to have the amount of voice you should have.
We don't need your permission. Nor do you need ours, to speak your position. Atheism is nothing more than a non belief in a deity. It has nothing to do with tollerance, people do, regardless of beliefs. Some atheists are anti-theists, but would in all likely hood never take your right to believe away. nor would they want to.

Quebec was trying to pass legislation to ban all religius symbols in public work spaces. Many of my theist friends thought I would be all for it. To their surprise, I was totally against it, told them it would never fly due to the SECULAR Canadian Human Rights Act.

To say that atheists are against tollerance is a bald face lie.
Here to stir the Manure

Clearlake, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as none of you backwards yahoos gain any high positions in government, who cares. Your agenda sucks and no one wants it. Amen.
Thank you for carefully reading what I had to say and for your kind and well thought out reply. your references have been noted. have a nice day.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Cujo wrote:
<quoted text>
But you said he hated atheists. Are you really Bill O'Reilly, always saying one thing and then change your position, and then claim to never to have said the 1st thing?
It's called taking someone's word for something. You should be discussing this with Skeptic. No I am not BOR he wouldn't have time for this

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Cujo wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't need your permission. Nor do you need ours, to speak your position. Atheism is nothing more than a non belief in a deity. It has nothing to do with tollerance, people do, regardless of beliefs. Some atheists are anti-theists, but would in all likely hood never take your right to believe away. nor would they want to.
Quebec was trying to pass legislation to ban all religius symbols in public work spaces. Many of my theist friends thought I would be all for it. To their surprise, I was totally against it, told them it would never fly due to the SECULAR Canadian Human Rights Act.
To say that atheists are against tollerance is a bald face lie.
You really need to read what Atheist post here, not to mention China, USSR and North Korea.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

F**k off.
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

imom wrote:
<quoted text>He just followed Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and Obama down the road. The only difference- Pelosi, Reid and Obama can actually do harm.
Really?

And you are fine with Boner holding America hostage to his greed?

Interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of110
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••