Obama's gay marriage endorsement a tu...

Obama's gay marriage endorsement a turning point for one couple

There are 72 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from May 9, 2012, titled Obama's gay marriage endorsement a turning point for one couple. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

Three years ago, a shy young couple from Ohio announced to startled family and friends that they were heading west to marry and begin a new life together in California.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Chill

United States

#1 May 9, 2012
First, it's only a turning point for the gays not getting married, and that's it. Obama just alienated his black and hispanic constituency, which btw, is the reason gay marriage was outlawed forever in California. Blacks don't follow Obama's lead. They expect him to empower their concerns, one of which is no gay marriage.
This will kill his chances for a second term, thank god!
Second the LA Times lies when it tries to imply that California wasn't in a state of legal flux when those two boys got "married," so there was no rug dragged out from under them. They tried to pull a fast one, and they ate crap. Happens all the time to manipulative people.
Sam Toliver

AOL

#2 May 9, 2012
If you listen to obama's comments today he wisely said that the legal decision should be left up to the individual states. California voted NO to gay marriage along with 30 other States.
state of the world

United States

#3 May 9, 2012
Sam Toliver wrote:
If you listen to obama's comments today he wisely said that the legal decision should be left up to the individual states. California voted NO to gay marriage along with 30 other States.
If you think he's a weasel switching horses just before the election, we might want to think about whether he takes his marching orders from the Fed, which is a private cabal of bankers who hand-held us during the stock and housing catastrophe, and think about where he's planning on taking us next:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/3-big-chinese-banks-...
ROFLOL

United States

#4 May 9, 2012
The comedy in all this is, as usual, the big brains of the gay coalition. They seem to have no intuitive sense of how normal human beings react to them. They're squawking from the rooftops about this, praising Obama, when they'd be much much wiser to keep their mouths shut, and maintain a low profile until after the election. They keep yelling about it, and they'll keep pissing people off, and those people will relate to Obama as the leader of their gay crusade. Instead, gays will be collectively high-five a reluctant Obama, who doesn't want to be high-fived, right out of the White House! lol
The Mad Man

Glendale, CA

#5 May 10, 2012
Just like leading the sheep to the slaughter. Gays think Obama has power to create something that is left (by law) up to the individual states...really? And what else has Obama promised you and has not delivered? Do you really believe Obama has that much power? Get real here and understand the issue. Do some research and find out how much power Obama really has but it has NOTHING to do with gay marriage! Dummies!!!!!

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#6 May 10, 2012
ROFLOL wrote:
The comedy in all this is, as usual, the big brains of the gay coalition. They seem to have no intuitive sense of how normal human beings react to them. They're squawking from the rooftops about this, praising Obama, when they'd be much much wiser to keep their mouths shut, and maintain a low profile until after the election. They keep yelling about it, and they'll keep pissing people off, and those people will relate to Obama as the leader of their gay crusade. Instead, gays will be collectively high-five a reluctant Obama, who doesn't want to be high-fived, right out of the White House! lol
Correct....

Look what the gay community did when the two perverts were busted exposing themselves to children and having sex in front of children on a cruise ship.....

They condoned and supported the actions.....

And that pissed of every parent in the USA.....

Don't they understand that we can and will vote them back into the closet????
Gay Pride

Vallejo, CA

#7 May 10, 2012
Just because Obama is the president doesn't mean he can drag the United States of America into the gutter of immorality. In every gay marriage issue where the people were allowed to vote, their choice was made loud and clear and that is marriage is the union of a man and a woman, not two men or two women.

And guess what Mr. President, the American people will once again make a choice at the next president election and they will remember how they were betrayed by their own president and commander in chief. All your campaign rhetoric of past, present and future campaigns will now fall on deaf ears because the voters know that when it comes to politics, you are more than willing to turn your back on your people.

We, The People voted you in office and now We, The People will vote you OUT!

NC Amendment One, State’s Same Sex Marriage Ban, Passes By Wide Margin

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/05/nor ...

Marriage between a man and a woman will now be the only legally recognized domestic union in North Carolina after voters Tuesday overwhelmingly passed Amendment One, a change to the state’s constitution that could take effect as early as next week. North Carolina now becomes the 30th state to adopt a same-sex marriage ban.

With all precincts reporting, 61 percent of voters supported the amendment, while 39 percent were opposed.
Ronald

Bellflower, CA

#8 May 10, 2012
Sam Toliver wrote:
Unless this tactical maneuver were to be examined more closely, the reasonable man would probably be in agreement. Unfortunately, we are not dealing with reasonable people.

One of the favorite tactics the revolutionaries have successfully employed ever since the revolution is to create an inequality. The reason this is done is for the purpose of having a wedge issue. For example, the revolutionaries might first promote the idea that "the states should determine this or that". The more naive among us might assume this means "the majority" of residents of the several States have a voice in establishing of the laws under which they are ruled. Nothing could be further from the truth.

For example. Only one revolutionary controlled State is required to establish inequality "under law" in matters that further the revolutionary agenda. The absurd notion of two or more persons of the same sex having the "right" to "marry" one another is only one, but since it is a matter of current interest it is a good example of the tactics the revolutionaries are using to rationalize the failure of revolutionary programs which have resulted in the moral and the societal decline of our pre-revolutionary people.

Once even one State "legalizes" the "right" of two or more persons of the same sex to "marry" one another of course, the revolutionaries then go on to appeal to the corrupt "justice" system to invoke our Republican friend's infamous 14th Amendment in order to "create equality".

The revolutionaries cannot act directly to bring down the greater society. They can, though, accomplish that same end by "equalizing" the higher with the more base among us.

Ronald
Latino Voter

Vallejo, CA

#9 May 10, 2012
Obama pendeho!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#10 May 12, 2012
Latino Voter wrote:
[QUOTE]
"

Obama pendeho!
AMEN!! Even the gay people can see right thru Obamas ploy, and if they don't then they better take off their rose colored glasses. If he gets voted back in, it will be over turned, or used as a form of population control for a while then over turned. I hope every single person that can vote gets him out of there!

Ohh, and get rid of the watermelon patch outside the white house and put our Rose Garden back! Lol
The Mad Man

Glendale, CA

#11 May 13, 2012
Just Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN!! Even the gay people can see right thru Obamas ploy, and if they don't then they better take off their rose colored glasses. If he gets voted back in, it will be over turned, or used as a form of population control for a while then over turned. I hope every single person that can vote gets him out of there!
Ohh, and get rid of the watermelon patch outside the white house and put our Rose Garden back! Lol
I really hope the gay people see right through this. What has Obama done for gay people? Gay people are just people with orientation rights. They are just a statistic. This will always be a heterosexual society so get used to the facts. Things won't change because one man says so. Wake up and smell the rubber! It's not about you, it's about your vote and statistics.
As usual

Huntsville, AL

#12 May 13, 2012
Just Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
gay bashing and racism are two sides of the same coin.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#13 May 13, 2012
Since I live in a world of heterosexuals that I love and trust, I know that the above comments have come from ignorant haters.

It still boggles my mind that those are the people who feel they must comment anonymously.

Afraid...Ashamed...I don't know???

Totally ignorant of the facts about homosexual people is obvious.

But haters never want to be burdened with facts.
The Mad Man

Glendale, CA

#14 May 13, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
Since I live in a world of heterosexuals that I love and trust, I know that the above comments have come from ignorant haters.
It still boggles my mind that those are the people who feel they must comment anonymously.
I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. Our heterosexual society only understands what is taught in schools and reinforced by society. Take a Sociology course to understand how a society in a backward country is formed. Fear, hate and what the society considers to be the 'norm'. I don't have to brag about who and what I sleep with. I have rights as a person,(limited), a statistic and according to sexual orientation. That all that really matters when it comes to voting. Many states are founded on religious values and do not recognize homosexual behavior. As a state, they have that right so you don't have to live there. Long Beach celebrates Gay Pride only because of the money it brings in, it is the second most celebrated money maker. Again, it comes down to money and statistics about one section of society. That's all that matters to 'making change' in a section of the city that recognizes sexual orientation. Not all cities are this open to societies 'norm' or 'change'.
The ONE 'MAN' gives is 'opinion' about a lifestyle he will never understand and everyone jumps on board because this 'man'(for lack of a better word) says so! This president has no power to create equality in a lifestyle he will never understand. He is only concerned about the vote and his own selfish greed to stay in power. That is the reality of today's society and politics. Learn to understand the politics and you understand the power of what one vote can and cannot do...! That is where my hate lies!

“Facts”

Location hidden

#15 May 13, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:

I don't see your name posted here????

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#16 May 13, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see your name posted here????
I should have said,

"Make nasty, lying, racist, negative, vomitus, putrid, false

Statements here."

Do you understand now???

I don't say anything here I would not say to someone's face.

Do you??
more

Huntsville, AL

#17 May 13, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct....
Look what the gay community did when the two perverts were busted exposing themselves to children and having sex in front of children on a cruise ship.....
They condoned and supported the actions.....
And that pissed of every parent in the USA.....
Don't they understand that we can and will vote them back into the closet????
hate and lies

“Facts”

Location hidden

#18 May 13, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I should have said,
"Make nasty, lying, racist, negative, vomitus, putrid, false
Statements here."
Do you understand now???
I don't say anything here I would not say to someone's face.
Do you??
I have asked a few to please meet me and say what they post to my face and none have taken me up......

Yes I will and do say the same thing I say here to anyones face......

“Facts”

Location hidden

#19 May 13, 2012
more wrote:
<quoted text>
hate and lies
Really.........ROTFLMAO

Saying that two perverts exposing themselves to 100s of people including young children is wrong and you call that hate and lies..........LOL

Why don't you google the subject and see.......

Or are you another of the nambla supporters here???
It is

Huntsville, AL

#20 May 13, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
???
nothing but hate and lies that has nothing to do with the civil rights of gays. What are you even talking about? NAMBLA is your wet dream.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Dudley 64,306
News Countdown clock ticking for Trump, Republicans 2 hr Retribution 29
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Las Cruces Retiree 243,089
News Scientists accidentally admit rapid global warm... 19 hr Fugooo 2
News Drug companies sue to block California drug pri... Dec 9 Solarman 1
Election Who are you voting for in the California Govern... (Oct '14) Dec 9 REM 24
nanci pelosi bringing God's judgment on california Dec 8 upsidedown 3
More from around the web