Uptick in Calif. nuptials after gay marriage ruling

There are 23 comments on the KRNV-TV Reno story from Nov 26, 2013, titled Uptick in Calif. nuptials after gay marriage ruling. In it, KRNV-TV Reno reports that:

More California couples tied the knot in July - following the U.S. Supreme Court's historic ruling allowing same-sex marriages in the state - than in any other month since 2006.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KRNV-TV Reno.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1 Nov 26, 2013
Hmmm, and yet the anti-gays keep insisting the gays don't actually want to get married...

“REMEMBER TO THANK ”

Since: Aug 08

A VET FOR YOUR FREEDOM!

#2 Nov 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Hmmm, and yet the anti-gays keep insisting the gays don't actually want to get married...
Don't ya know it's one of the things that drives them crazy the most........lol!!!!

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#3 Nov 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
They're arguments are hypocritical on so many levels. They SAY that gays don't want to marry, but they won't give them the opportunity to find out. And if the gay population is as small as they claim, and so few of them want to marry, doesn't all the fuss they raise become even more wasteful?

I mean, why spend $100,000,000 fighting a couple hundred extra marriages? Is there an extreme paper shortage in town clerk offices?

Tawas City, Michigan

#4 Nov 26, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't ya know it's one of the things that drives them crazy the most........lol!!!!
Yep. Our best revenge is getting married and living long happy healthy lives with our families.

They just can't stand the fact we can't be shamed back into the closet.
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Pittsfield, MA

#5 Nov 26, 2013
That number will be adjusted just like the weekly employment figures.

“REMEMBER TO THANK ”

A VET FOR YOUR FREEDOM!

#6 Nov 26, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
They're arguments are hypocritical on so many levels. They SAY that gays don't want to marry, but they won't give them the opportunity to find out. And if the gay population is as small as they claim, and so few of them want to marry, doesn't all the fuss they raise become even more wasteful?
I mean, why spend $100,000,000 fighting a couple hundred extra marriages? Is there an extreme paper shortage in town clerk offices?
EXACTLY......why all the fuss and fight if we are ONLY 4% of the population and according to some ONLY 5% of that will actually get married.....I mean really!!!

“REMEMBER TO THANK ”

A VET FOR YOUR FREEDOM!

#7 Nov 26, 2013
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
See nhjeff......like this bozo who can't STOP hanging out in the Gay/Lesbian threads and forum.....lol!!!

“REMEMBER TO THANK ”

A VET FOR YOUR FREEDOM!

#8 Nov 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Our best revenge is getting married and living long happy healthy lives with our families.
They just can't stand the fact we can't be shamed back into the closet.
I've NEVER really understood this "CLOSET" thing.....I NEVER was in the closet.......lol!!!

It's sad that they need to focus on our lives, families and marriages to make themselves feel better about who they are!!!

Tawas City, Michigan

#9 Nov 26, 2013
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
Yes, because every week more same-sex couples will get married.

Tawas City, Michigan

#10 Nov 26, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I've NEVER really understood this "CLOSET" thing.....I NEVER was in the closet.......lol!!!
It's sad that they need to focus on our lives, families and marriages to make themselves feel better about who they are!!!
It's what bigots do. They don't feel good about themselves so they have to try to put down others in an attempt to feel superior. I'd almost feel sorry for them if they weren't so hateful.

“REMEMBER TO THANK ”

A VET FOR YOUR FREEDOM!

#11 Nov 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
It's what bigots do. They don't feel good about themselves so they have to try to put down others in an attempt to feel superior. I'd almost feel sorry for them if they weren't so hateful.
You have a point......but sorry, my give a damn is broke and they continue to attack for no real reason!!!

Tawas City, Michigan

#12 Nov 26, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a point......but sorry, my give a damn is broke and they continue to attack for no real reason!!!
Wasn't that a song?

“REMEMBER TO THANK ”

A VET FOR YOUR FREEDOM!

#13 Nov 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't that a song?
Yes, it was.......and I'm probably showing my age a little......lol!!!
The Loony Liberal

Pittsfield, MA

#14 Nov 26, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
See nhjeff......like this bozo who can't STOP hanging out in the Gay/Lesbian threads and forum.....lol!!!
Topix was set up to show the arguments of one or more viewpoints on ANY issue. The ultimate insult a person 'identifying' as gay is projecting your own immoral, defaming, and degrading sexual depravity upon others.

The synagogue of satan owns you.

“REMEMBER TO THANK ”

A VET FOR YOUR FREEDOM!

#15 Nov 26, 2013
The Loony Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix was set up to show the arguments of one or more viewpoints on ANY issue. The ultimate insult a person 'identifying' as gay is projecting your own immoral, defaming, and degrading sexual depravity upon others.
The synagogue of satan owns you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Yt3d3Fmouh4XX
Sorry, you'd be wrong and besides...why change your nic if you are an upstanding person just posting their viewpoint? The problem is YOU haven't debated or discussed your viewpoint in all the time you have been on topix......all ya do is try and INSULT others by your childish name calling!!!

Grow up and either discuss or move on......your choice, but I don't typically give trolls like yourself a lot of personal attention!!!

Since: Sep 09

San Francisco, CA

#16 Nov 26, 2013
This is so true. I have been trying to get an appointment for marriage in SF which has them available every 30 minutes 4 days a week and they are totally booked six to eight weeks in advance. Decided to get married in Palm Springs and the same thing, have to schedule at least 4 weeks in advance.

While at the County Clerk's office yesterday, 5 other gay couples were getting marriage licenses. I guess the gays really don't want to get married now that it is legal.

Tawas City, Michigan

#17 Nov 27, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it was.......and I'm probably showing my age a little......lol!!!
Oh, you still look great.

Obviously you haven't seen my avatar close up!

“REMEMBER TO THANK ”

A VET FOR YOUR FREEDOM!

#18 Nov 27, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you still look great.
Obviously you haven't seen my avatar close up!
<blushes> Thanks......and you look great as well:-)

Tawas City, Michigan

#19 Nov 27, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
<blushes> Thanks......and you look great as well:-)
Actually that's my great-grandparents (and their little dog too) standing in front of their brand new buggy!

“REMEMBER TO THANK ”

A VET FOR YOUR FREEDOM!

#20 Nov 27, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually that's my great-grandparents (and their little dog too) standing in front of their brand new buggy!
I believe you did tell me that at one time......looks like they've been in this Country awhile!!!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving and be safe!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr FastandFurious 189,824
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 2 hr Pietro Armando 59,895
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr OzRitz 53,486
News California Doesn't Have A Water SHORTage, It Ha... Sat wild child 1
News L.A. looking to 2016 to end the Bay Area's lock... Sat Le Jimbo 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Fri Hector Valente 201,809
News UPS Becomes Nation's Largest User of Renewable ... May 21 ShirleyWill12 1
More from around the web