Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#16682 Nov 10, 2013
Aaron_F wrote:
I am for legalizing marijuana, but I have a few questions: what does driving impaired on marijuana really mean? If someone smokes (or swallows in pill form) it every night to get to sleep he/she will have it in his/her system when he/she drives the next day. In fact, marijuana stays in a person's body for a long time, almost two weeks after the last usage. If a cop does a UA on such a person, will that person be arrested and/or get their license suspended if marijuana is found in their system? I don't think people should smoke while they drive, but how is anyone going to determine whether someone is smoking while driving unless they actually see the person smoke it in their car. I don't think it's fair to arrest someone or suspend their license if they simply have the marijuana in their system from smoking it during a time when they're not driving especially if they use it medicinally. These are issues that need to be ironed out. In addition, can people travel with marijuana in their car? If marijuana is considered a medication for some people, why can't they travel with it like it was any other medication? Again, no smoking in the car, but someone shouldn't get into trouble for simply traveling with it if marijuana is legalized or they use it medicinally. More issues to solve. Good luck!!
Many studies show that the impact of cannabis smoking is beneficial on driving, and a refinement study showed that indeed cannabis makes the young smoker and driver paranoid up to the point of not driving his/her car (thus: less accidents), and old smokers and drivers get better driving test and seems to make less accident.
The idea that there is an issue here is basically an extrapolation from alcohol, which is indeed very dangerous for driving. Like cannabis, alcohol, slow down reflexes, but unlike cannabis, it makes the subject feeling the contrary. And so the simple offer of the choice between cannabis and alcohol would save a lot of people on the roads, and constituted a big harm reduction, very plausibly.
Feet

Nipomo, CA

#16683 Nov 10, 2013
The false clames that pot was a danger started as a political scam and remains so now. As with Nixon,fallow the money. Billions in untaxed profit to drug gangs, billions In profit to the prison industry. Police get an easy target in millions of recreational and medical users, no need to endanger themselves confronting real criminals who might fight back.
No recorded deaths from overdose- compair that to tobacco, alcohol or even fast food. Medical Benifits, from replacing opiate pain meds to cancer, alhsimers and seizure treatments abound and the research is just starting. It improves arthritis in dogs, horses and people around the world. The pharmaceutical industry fears it. The gangs fear legalization, supporting tougher laws that mean more profit. Laws that have failed more spectacurely than prohabition, creating empires Al Capone could never imagine.
Draining resources away from real crime fighting, destroying Mexico and incarcerating millions of peaceful smokers.
Gravy

Azusa, CA

#16684 Nov 10, 2013
Pile the S hI T higher, says the Forkers and the spooners.
Giggs

London, UK

#16685 Nov 11, 2013
They can make it as illegal as they please. Im still going to smoke it.
Nothing new

Azusa, CA

#16686 Nov 11, 2013
Then there is nothing new to report.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#16687 Nov 11, 2013
Bruno24 wrote:
<quoted text>
Many studies show that the impact of cannabis smoking is beneficial on driving, and a refinement study showed that indeed cannabis makes the young smoker and driver paranoid up to the point of not driving his/her car (thus: less accidents), and old smokers and drivers get better driving test and seems to make less accident.
The idea that there is an issue here is basically an extrapolation from alcohol, which is indeed very dangerous for driving. Like cannabis, alcohol, slow down reflexes, but unlike cannabis, it makes the subject feeling the contrary. And so the simple offer of the choice between cannabis and alcohol would save a lot of people on the roads, and constituted a big harm reduction, very plausibly.
but the pot smoker tends to drive to a lot of quick shops making it home late.
Razors or US

Azusa, CA

#16688 Nov 11, 2013
Is this the official DORK PATROL?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#16689 Nov 12, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>but the pot smoker tends to drive to a lot of quick shops making it home late.
Lol

It is good for the business. And it is better than the alcohol drinkers who often will be aggressive with his/her partners at home, when she/he is lucky enough to get back at it in one piece.
This buds for

Azusa, CA

#16690 Nov 12, 2013
Just cut it off at the bud?
whiterabbit

Visalia, CA

#16691 Nov 12, 2013
I know of a conversation that was had in a drug/alcohol treatment class about the legalization of pot. In the end , the most interesting part was a student's observation. He said " Can you imagine the commercials for pot that would be made if it was legal?" When I heard that some pretty amazing images went through my mind. Maybe a bunch of monkeys toking up,a business loosening his tie as he packs his bubbler, a housewife smoking a blunt while she cooks dinner. WOW Got any ideas?

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#16692 Nov 12, 2013
whiterabbit wrote:
I know of a conversation that was had in a drug/alcohol treatment class about the legalization of pot. In the end , the most interesting part was a student's observation. He said " Can you imagine the commercials for pot that would be made if it was legal?" When I heard that some pretty amazing images went through my mind. Maybe a bunch of monkeys toking up,a business loosening his tie as he packs his bubbler, a housewife smoking a blunt while she cooks dinner. WOW Got any ideas?
Yeah, put the bong down for a minute.
whiterabbit

Visalia, CA

#16693 Nov 12, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, put the bong down for a minute.
I don't smoke it:)
LeapFrog

Azusa, CA

#16694 Nov 12, 2013
Hawaii to become 15th state to grant gay marriage leapfrogging Illinois.
jah

San Jacinto, CA

#16695 Nov 13, 2013
The Avenger wrote:
Yes, let's legalize it. After all, it is no more dangerous than cigarettes and cigars. If you really think that, I challenge you to a trial. I'll get in my car and you in yours, we'll both chain-smoke as we drive the Freeways fom LAX to Fraser Park. See which one makes it??? Har-Har!
Hundreds of thousands of people die of alcohol/tobacco related deaths.

Deaths related to pot: 0

These numbers are according to the dea
Over there

Azusa, CA

#16696 Nov 13, 2013
No guts No glory.
harveyton

Pittsburgh, PA

#16697 Nov 16, 2013
Favored

Azusa, CA

#16699 Nov 16, 2013
Mr. Valvoline
forsaken

Danville, KY

#16701 Nov 16, 2013
Jimbo wrote:
Im all for it. I smoke it everie hour im awaik. As and offishal i can say i stronglie support it. Vote Scattinni for police cheif there two.
fiting for you!
Jimbo
God damn you super suck at spelling and you definitely need to go back to school, sober this time.
forsaken

Danville, KY

#16702 Nov 16, 2013
Bob Marley wrote:
Legalize it, don't criticize it.
Drop the cultivation and make it ONLY legal to purchase commercially, and you have a winner.
forsaken

Danville, KY

#16703 Nov 16, 2013
tinamo wrote:
I am voting no. Have just a couple of basic questions? Who will be going to their homes to measure the regulated grow? Department of Agriculture? How are these users really going to keep the weed away from their kids and their friends? What breathalyzer test are we going to use when some one is under the influence and driving?
Yes they need to drop the cultivation part and make ONLY commercially available. Your police are already extremely overburdened and as you stated it would be around all kinds of children (as it is right now in ukiah) as it would be in the majority of backyards. Private, unlicensed grows should remain and always be illegal and sought out and destroyed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 min Osmius 49,349
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Learn to Read 182,146
Is CA drought God's punishment for Prop. 8 bein... 15 hr Maude 2
looking for guys on skype 17 hr babygirlx19 1
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Thu Bently 201,187
Mexico's Take Over Of California: Complete By 2... (Jun '09) Thu Cricket 23 27,516
How cannons and coalminers linked Brierley Hill... Wed Hal 1
More from around the web