California fuels Powerball $550 million jackpot

Full story: KTNV-TV Las Vegas

California has sold $83 million worth of Powerball tickets since it started selling them in April and overall has accounted for 11 percent of the game's sales in the country.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
JohnnyO

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

My problem I have with the lottery Games are. 1st place winners win big.(despite tax's who take a chunk of the money) Meaning anything over 4 or 5 million is good. This is after taxes. But the 2nd place winners get nothing compared to 1st place winders. Now I understand that perhaps in 2nd place you would get a few more winders. But from what I been seeing. You can make more winners then only the first place winner. example instead of 1st place getting 12 million and no 2nd place winners. Lets change that to:
1st place win's 6 million (1 winner)
2nd place win's 2 million (3 winners)
It would give more winners!
Really? Are you that greedy that 6 million is not enough?

Since: Sep 12

Salcedo, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

I hope to win this jackpot prize! Even if after tax which they deduct way too much still a huge amount of money will remain. I need to make plans because soon I'm going to get this!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the California Forum right now

Search the California Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 21 min Pietro Armando 39,506
California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 36 min Charles710 15,653
Mexico's Take Over Of California: Complete By 2... (Jun '09) 46 min Jose 27,489
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Professor Emeritus Fellow 42,921
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Jacques from Ottawa 167,363
Obamacare: Californians will pay 10th highest r... (Sep '13) 3 hr Adam 36 2,780
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 5 hr BleedOheart 199,071
•••
•••
•••
•••