California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 Full story: Chain Store Age 5,078

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Full Story
Get Right or Get Left

Yuba City, CA

#5363 May 11, 2014
One tune wrote:
Sarah is going to play the last card she has left, "The Russians are coming."
Thank you for proving how truly stupid you liberals are with that completely ignorant statement!
And this is what is considered academia today??? LMAO
You idiots only know so much that isn't true!!! Still LMAO at you!!!
Center Line

Sierra Madre, CA

#5364 May 11, 2014
Center Line is better than riding the shoulder all day.
Get Right or Get Left

Yuba City, CA

#5365 May 11, 2014
Center Line wrote:
Center Line is better than riding the shoulder all day.
And what does that have anything to do with lying about Sarah Palin???
Does Sarah intimidate little minded liberals like you? Is that why you little minded morons resort to childish attacks against her, and those like her???
Ooohhh yeah... it most certainly is the Republican war on women!

You know why you liberals are so despised by conservatives?
Because you lie... all of the time, always, and about everything, and you are the most disrespectful, selfish, covetous and childish little pukes!

Under the creed of modern liberalism, the individual citizen is not called to maturity but is instead invited to begin a second childhood.
http://www.libertymind.com/book-excerpts_257....
Center Line

Sierra Madre, CA

#5366 May 11, 2014
Center Line is better than riding the shoulder all day while looking a Russia.
Get Right or Get Left

Yuba City, CA

#5367 May 11, 2014
Center Line wrote:
WOW! Easy there little mind... your originality? It is devastating! ROTFLMAO at you!!!
Get Right or Get Left

Yuba City, CA

#5368 May 11, 2014
Center Line wrote:
And are you really that stupid, that you believe that it was Sarah Palin who said that???
Thank you for proving again that oblamer was elected with the stupid vote!
Just another... very scary stupid liberal, who believe they're smart! ROTFLMAO at the ignorant left!
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#5369 May 11, 2014
The plurality - if not the majority - of overtaxed Long Beachers are traditional family orientated non-Homosexual non-African "Hispanics". Yet, these decent God fearing residents are given the mayoral race "choice" of either a Homosexual "Hispanic" or a non-"Hispanic" African. What kind of "democracy" is THAT?

My "Hispanic" neighbors are all up in arms about revolutionary Council criminalizing non-unionized grocers who provide the simple convenience of free carry bags to carry their groceries to their humble homes. I wonder how they will mark their ballots if the word gets out into the non-Homosexual "Hispanic" community that the Lowenthal/Garcia gang were the primary movers of that anti-consumer legislation?

Ronald
Center Line

Sierra Madre, CA

#5370 May 11, 2014
P.S. we don't need anymore racists comments posted here.

Drifting to sleep

Fairfield, CA

#5372 May 11, 2014
Center Line wrote:
Last time I looked this was the Fairfield forum, if you don't like it, C your way out of here.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#5373 May 12, 2014
Don't ban freedom.
Get Right or Get Left

Yuba City, CA

#5374 May 12, 2014
Center Line wrote:
Oh yeah... when all else fails (failure? liberalism) draw that old, worn out... and very stupid 'race card'!
LMAO
Center Line

Sierra Madre, CA

#5375 May 12, 2014
P.S. we don't need anymore racists comments posted here by fools.

Two examples of "you can't cure stupity."
Sgt Pepper

Gardnerville, NV

#5376 May 12, 2014
"The San Dimas Dikhead's stupidity is a mile wide and an inch deep. Beneath Doofus's ignorance is a layer of imbecility that is infinite." Mother Teresa
Tune in

Sierra Madre, CA

#5377 May 12, 2014
It's radio times

It's the inside story of the documentary Citizen Koch, which was supposed to air on PBS—before executives yanked the film out of fear of upsetting the billionaire Koch brothers.(By the way: It turned out David Koch had donated $23 million to PBS.1)

As you might expect from a couple of documentary producers who helped Michael Moore make Fahrenheit 9/11, the directors of Citizen Koch didn't take this lying down. The story of how it all happened, and what happened next, will inspire you.
Drcotor Benjamen

Mountain Home, AR

#5378 May 13, 2014
FK California home of Treehuggers, PETA, High taxes and steers and queers.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#5379 May 13, 2014
The children often ask me what are some of the consequences of political ruling class politicians who received their political indoctrination at unbelievably expensive taxpayer funded Government universities? I always give them the example of the revolutionary political ruling class of "Liberal" Long Beach - many of whom are "fat cat" double and triple "dippers into "the system".

I explain to the little folks that these "anti-normalcy" activists maintain their power by catering to tiny - but very noisy - self-interested groups in order to win elections by building a coalition of malcontents. This effectively keeps the majority of city residents off balance by "keeping the pot boiling" *(so to speak)*

Unlicensed, uninsured, untaxed and unregulated unruly bicycle drivers, violence prone skateboard drivers who jeopardize the safety of pedestrians and automobile drivers and the criminalization of competitive minded non-unionized grocers who provide free grocery carry bags are just a few examples.

I always give the kiddies a link to a source article that describes the results of one effort of revolutionary Council to criminalize normalcy. The article describes how thieves are using their "reusable" Lowenthal/Garcia grocery carry bags to conceal their efforts to steal wallets from women at Government controlled Southern California grocery stores.

Long Beach is the center of 60s 70s era radical activism. I always remind the little folks that, until the radical Government political indoctrination center at Long Beach is closed, and it's taxpayer owned campus is used as a place to teach children and wealthy taxpayer supported Government "professors" the skills needed to preform useful 21st century labor, these attacks against normal people will only increase.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/k6jh5s3

Source: http://tinyurl.com/m8hs46d

Ronald
Sgt Pepper

Gardnerville, NV

#5380 May 13, 2014
I must point out to Ms Benjamin of Cherokee, Arkansas that steers aren't so bad. Is it still legal in AR for brothers to marry up with their own sisters?
Drcotor Benjamens Mama

San Francisco, CA

#5381 May 14, 2014
Sgt Pepper wrote:
Is it still legal in AR for brothers to marry up with their own sisters?
Oh yes. If it weren't, his daddy and I couldn't have gotten married. I must admit this inbreeding is starting show its bad affects, especially in mental deterioration, as you can see from my son's dimwitted comments.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#5382 May 14, 2014
Sgt Pepper wrote:
I must point out to Ms Benjamin of Cherokee, Arkansas that steers aren't so bad. Is it still legal in AR for brothers to marry up with their own sisters?
Sgt Pepper.

That's not the half of it. According to NY Times promoters, Arkansans now exercise the "right" to "marry" others of the same "sex". Still, we dog lovers are denied the RIGHT to marry the honey of our own choice.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/l7nf9my

Ronald
Raddio Heads

Sierra Madre, CA

#5383 May 14, 2014
It's TV an radio times

It's the inside story of the documentary Citizen Koch, which was supposed to air on PBS—before executives yanked the film out of fear of upsetting the billionaire Koch brothers.(By the way: It turned out David Koch had donated $23 million to PBS.1)

As you might expect from a couple of documentary producers who helped Michael Moore make Fahrenheit 9/11, the directors of Citizen Koch didn't take this lying down. The story of how it all happened, and what happened next, will inspire you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Frank 178,058
Bayonets, grenade launchers given to local law ... 8 min Nuts to You 133
Californians fight over migrants 11 min Cat74 143
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 23 min Ultraman 200,968
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 40 min gcaveman1 46,675
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 2 hr Howdy 55,925
A California Without Illegal ImmigrantsBy Ruben... 3 hr ronnie 4
•••

California People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••