Calif. woman found dead near Cambodia...

Calif. woman found dead near Cambodian resort

There are 16 comments on the The Marion Star story from Nov 13, 2013, titled Calif. woman found dead near Cambodian resort. In it, The Marion Star reports that:

Police in Cambodia are investigating the slaying of a California woman who was vacationing on the tropical island of Koh Rong in September, according to the woman's family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Marion Star.

Angkor

Seattle, WA

#1 Nov 14, 2013
PALM SPRINGS, Calif.-- Police in Cambodia are investigating the slaying of a California woman who was vacationing on the tropical island of Koh Rong in September, according to the woman's family.

Katherine Ann Grgich, 55, a massage therapist from Palm Springs, was found dead on Oct. 1 near the resort where she was staying.

Grgich had gone missing a few days beforehand, leaving her luggage in her hotel room at Island Palace Bungalow without explanation. Her body was found along a trail that snaked through the jungle close to the resort, launching a police investigation.

"At first, they claimed it was a natural death," said Grgich's father, George Grgich, 82, of Santa Barbara. "We insisted they look into it, and police cooperated.? They revised it, saying she must have been attacked from behind because there were cuts on the back of her head."

Cambodian law enforcement officials have a suspect in the case but have not released the suspect's identity. Investigators found some of the victim's belongings in the suspect's house, George Grgich said.

Since his daughter's death, Grgich has received regular updates on the investigation from the Cambodian Embassy in Washington and the U.S. Embassy in Phnom Penh.

Katherine Grgich worked as a part-time masseuse at Salon 119 & Day Spa in Palm Springs. She had more than 30 years of massage experience, working previously in Hawaii and Hollywood, said Nikki Roman, owner of the spa.

Grgich left Palm Springs for Asia in late August or early September, Roman said. She had planned to go to Thailand to seek medical attention for a foot problem, Roman said.

"I said to her,'Are you sure you want to be traipsing off to a country like that all by yourself?' " Roman said. "And she said 'I'll be fine. I'll be gone about a month.' And that is all there was to it."

It is unclear if Grgich went to Thailand. Koh Rong is a 30-square-mile island off the southeast coast of Cambodia. The island is a budding tourism destination, mostly covered in unspoiled rainforest, that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and scuba divers.

The spa in Palm Springs had expected Grgich to return to work in early October.

"I never thought in a million years something would happen to her there, even though I'm the one who told her she shouldn't go there alone," Roman said.

State Department officials in Washington, D.C., did not respond to a request for comment about Grgich's death.

John Simmons, a spokesman for the U.S. Embassy in Cambodia, said he would provide information about the death at a later date.

Police in Cambodia could not be reached for more details.

Kelman also reports for The (Palm Springs, Calif.) Desert Sun
Angkor

Seattle, WA

#2 Nov 14, 2013
This is too bad that American died like this in Cambodia.
I have noticed that US Embassy acts like the local Cambodian Government. US still supports Cambodia even with all the invalid government.
One day, this people will come in the US Embassy and hurt the people there, then they will react.
US Embassy should work out to inform Americans traveling in that country.
This is a communist country and it is not safe at all for the tourists in the country. Late last year, a France girl was hacked and floated in the river there.
Becareful my American people. Don't go there again.
Pol Pot

Long Beach, CA

#3 Nov 14, 2013
Dumbassszz khmers are thieves and murderers.......
Kulet Jonk

Fresno, CA

#4 Nov 15, 2013
Don't blamed it on the Cambodian..Maybe some foreigners that she friends with over there that Committed the Crime...this story is similar to the French girl that were murdered before..,,there are a lot of broke as foreigners right now in Cambodia...some don't even have job ,some lived on SSI from Obama...They go over there to Vai Dai the stupid khmer girl ..
Pol Pot

Long Beach, CA

#5 Nov 18, 2013
Kulet Jonk wrote:
Don't blamed it on the Cambodian..Maybe some foreigners that she friends with over there that Committed the Crime...this story is similar to the French girl that were murdered before..,,there are a lot of broke as foreigners right now in Cambodia...some don't even have job ,some lived on SSI from Obama...They go over there to Vai Dai the stupid khmer girl ..
hahahaaa..........now you admitting it..........that dumbasszzz khmers are stupid..........hahaaaa....... ...
Kulet Jonk

Fresno, CA

#6 Nov 20, 2013
Pol Pot wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahaaa..........now you admitting it..........that dumbasszzz khmers are stupid..........hahaaaa....... ...
maybe pol pot is the perpertraitor..
Pol Pot

Long Beach, CA

#7 Nov 21, 2013
Kulet Jonk wrote:
<quoted text> maybe pol pot is the perpertraitor..
SOUNDS MORE LIKE YOU..........CAUSE YOU ARE AN EXPERT..........HAHAHAAA......
Cilantro

United States

#8 Nov 21, 2013
Kulet Jonk wrote:
<quoted text> maybe pol pot is the perpertraitor..
no, he's not ....

he's just a paper toilet -traitor,,,WA hahaha hahaha hahaha
Angkor

Seattle, WA

#9 Nov 21, 2013
Kulet Jonk wrote:
=
=
You are highly more likely correct.
Cambodians respect Foreigners and they don't rob her for credit cards that they can't use. Foreigner girls are not attracted to local poor guys for X.
For X, the male foreigners are more likely, due to the hardship of arresting the perpetrators over there.
it is her own people.
Drgunzet

Meridian, ID

#10 Nov 24, 2013
Do not travel to Cambodia until Cambodia is protected by the good North Vietnamese commanders. Travel to Vietnam instead.
Angkor

Seattle, WA

#11 Nov 25, 2013
Drgunzet wrote:
Do not travel to Cambodia until Cambodia is protected by the good North Vietnamese commanders. Travel to Vietnam instead.
=
=
Please don't come to my country. Please please please.
and bring your mama and sis prostitutttes back with you too.
and bring your papa and brother thieves back with you too.
We don't welcome the stupid race like Yuons in my country.
Drgunzet

Meridian, ID

#12 Nov 25, 2013
As we all see on this forum, both posters Cilantro and Angkor kept talking about murdering innocent civilians in Cambodia. Clearly Cambodia is not safe with this kind of people unless it is under control by the good North Vietnamese.

Note this, finally Angkor confessed he was born in Phnom Penh in 1976 because his mother was a cook for the Khmer Rouges. It also meant his biological father was a Khmer Rouge soldier or commander.

Clearly he has murderous mentality just like a Khmer Rouge and does not possess any intelligence of his supposedly doctor father.

I bet he does not look like his father. Instead, if he puts a on a black pajama and a scarf, he would be a great representation of a Khmer Rouge soldier.

What a great shame to the Khmer people! How come you don't produce smart people like me but murderous people like Cilantro and Angkor?
Cilantro

United States

#13 Nov 25, 2013
Drgunzet wrote:
As we all see on this forum, both posters Cilantro and Angkor kept talking about murdering innocent civilians in Cambodia. Clearly Cambodia is not safe with this kind of people unless it is under control by the good North Vietnamese.
Note this, finally Angkor confessed he was born in Phnom Penh in 1976 because his mother was a cook for the Khmer Rouges. It also meant his biological father was a Khmer Rouge soldier or commander.
Clearly he has murderous mentality just like a Khmer Rouge and does not possess any intelligence of his supposedly doctor father.
I bet he does not look like his father. Instead, if he puts a on a black pajama and a scarf, he would be a great representation of a Khmer Rouge soldier.
What a great shame to the Khmer people! How come you don't produce smart people like me but murderous people like Cilantro and Angkor?
that's what I've posted earlier,,,you're always coming up with nonsense and untruth,,,

the truth is your Vietnamese people come illegal to live all over the lakes and land in Cambodia.,that we've never accepted,,,some how we must make up the decision to CARP YOURN again as it was,,,

and I still feel sorry for those innocent Vietnamese people are being used by Hanoi to swallow Cambodian land,,,

CARP YOURN happens again,,you're gonna blame,,,,

. If you think Cambodian is murderous,,why you don't bring your people back home,,

Drgunzet

Meridian, ID

#14 Nov 25, 2013
Cilantro wrote:
<quoted text>that's what I've posted earlier,,,you're always coming up with nonsense and untruth,,,
the truth is your Vietnamese people come illegal to live all over the lakes and land in Cambodia.,that we've never accepted,,,some how we must make up the decision to CARP YOURN again as it was,,,
and I still feel sorry for those innocent Vietnamese people are being used by Hanoi to swallow Cambodian land,,,
CARP YOURN happens again,,you're gonna blame,,,,
. If you think Cambodian is murderous,,why you don't bring your people back home,,
We have been through this before. Let's try again.

Do you ever see Mexico complains about illegal American citizens sneaking into their country? No!

There is no reason for the Vietnamese people to sneak into Cambodia. Vietnam is a much better country, why would the Vietnamese want to sneak into Cambodia which has a lot of murderers kind like you?

According to my research, the Khmer people have a nasty habit of grabbing lands, stealing properties from each other. They learned a trick to label anyone who is smart, and with beautiful light skin to be Vietnamese then rob the land and house from the victim.

As the result, if you are born smart and beautiful in Cambodia, you will not survive. That is also why Cambodia has mostly ugly dark skin people. And they are dumb too.

Try google to find any good Cambodian chess players. You will not find any. Now try to do the same with Vietnamese chess players. They have many international rank players.
King Rama

Mount Rainier, MD

#15 Nov 25, 2013
Cambodia is now one less crowded :)
Drgunzet wrote:
GOTTA ROAST EM BEADY BUMS

Maribyrnong, Australia

#16 Nov 28, 2013
You are totally unstable Beady, the Black African Mugger and Bugger.

Apart from the distress caused by the symptoms of Bipolar Disorders you also have other problems with your obsessions.

You are a burden to your mum. All your friends have donne a runner and do not want to be associated with a ba$$tard like you who is not taking any advice given to you.

More CACA will continue to pour from your foul mouth in your postings. Get the help of the mental health services.

Undersized sycho d^k little boy ba$$tard NutCase

Give it up Pilon Bumchod COONmauritian Balmiki Bhangi BABOON Gaand marau Ghondoos SUAR KA BACHCHA BHOJAN KEEDAA JALI NAKALI DHONGI FUCKTURD You him gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy McpoooBigPoof always steal identity - no identity of your own, sewer rat.

Quit making a SMELLIE ARSIEHOLE of your self, F*CKWIT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 57 min Justice Dale 240,406
News Caravan Against Fear Wraps Up 3,500-Mile Trek A... 4 hr Law and Order 1
News Miley Cyrus smokes suspicious cigarette in swim... (Aug '15) 15 hr ThomasA 5
its bad if trump would not Thu trump fired flynn 1
Quail Valley Blue Baby Scam Thu Libi A Uremovic 2
News Muslim Day: Bay Area faithful come to Sacrament... (Apr '15) Thu Haba Daba 48
bekeley students are nothing but nazis Thu Patriot Day 1
More from around the web