Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201881 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#213242 Aug 29, 2013
As Jizzy would say "Oh snap! Cool beans!"
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#213243 Aug 29, 2013
kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
.... gimpy.
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/03/most-b...

WOOHOOO! Got one similar coming soon! Goin' fishing and camping just like you able bodied dopes. Make lemonade. You'd cry if you couldn't walk.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#213244 Aug 29, 2013
YUK!YUK!YUK!~Whoop!~Whoop! Ah good times.
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

#213247 Aug 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I was criticizing his literacy. I made a typo. Sue me. Then relax power ranger.
And I was criticizing yours, gimpy boi. So chill out.
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

#213250 Aug 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No. It's true. If I was gay you wouldn't try to use my disability as an argument.
Re-fail, gimp.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#213256 Aug 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? You were a pastor. Did you think you were going to become a multimillionaire?
I'll give you credit for the work you did. It sounds righteous.
So, at what point did you turn into a gay-fearing/hating, know-it-all about marriage? What part of being a painter, janitor, hotel night auditor, and pastor makes you an expert on what causes homosexuality, whether or not it is a disorder, and whether or not it should be cured?
Seems like all of that work would have taught you a thing or two about humility--something that I have NEVER seen you express here.
You've got life experience under your belt, but you aren't an expert. You don't hold the keys to the universe. And NONE of what you said should make you feel as though be a member of the "moral intruders"; telling gay people how they should live their lives.
So classic.

You make an ignorant, gay troll, slanderous claim about me.

When exposed you extend your deceit to insinuate that response is my reasoning for defending marriage and morality.

You know full well I have validated my position on marriage and morality not just with a Biblical view, but with common sense and science.

The defense of my time in Hawaii only validates the consistency of my character. You continue to validate the consistency of your lack of character.

Location hidden

#213257 Aug 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a novel concept... I have never said that I do not believe that the Books of the Bible are useless; that there isn't wisdom found within their pages.
What I have repeatedly said is that YOU and others seem to rely SO HEAVILY on it that you've forgotten that there are other options of getting direction from God--namely prayer and communion with the Holy Spirit.
I have said that we should get our PRIMARY guidance from God--not from a collection of books that have been translated numerous times into various languages; leaving each translation a slightly different hue than the one before!
It's not a matter of "either/or".
I simply noted the consistency of what the Bible says about Sodom and Gomorrah.

That exposed your lack of character by knowingly giving only a partial truth. That voice in your head is clearly fine with that.

Clearly NOT the Holy Spirit.

Location hidden

#213258 Aug 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you decided not to pursue your focus on 'the end'...
Let me summarize you assertion that ss couples go BEYOND marriage;
Ss couples have it harder.
That's your superiority?
Some would argue that two genders becoming one is much more difficult.
But in the end, you make my point. You agree that marriage IS distinct from ss couples.
Nor am I demeaning when I note the uniqueness of marriage;
In the end,
Marriage is a miraculous reunion of two genders,
a union so profound,
it is described as the union of Mars and Venus.
It units humanity to the roots of life,
while at the very same time
hosting the best and natural
birth place of future human life.
It is the blend of masculinity and femininity.
The wisdom of logic and intuition united.
Strength and delicacy perfectly balanced.
Protection and nurture combined as one.
A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
"In the End" is a poem that flies from "Out of Your End".
Perhaps you skipped my summation in my previous post, so I will repost it; leaving you no doubt about the usefulness of determining which type of relationship is "superior".
"You seem to think that heterosexual relationships that end in marriage are unique. Yes they are. But their uniqueness DOES NOT equate superiority.
This is not a race. It is not a competition in which one type of relationship is judged to be superior to all others. That is an immature and childish perspective. It is one group trying to demean another group. And there is no other human characteristic that is more disgusting."
Ah, the gay troll uses the end to smear again...

Read my response again.

The only one bringing up superiority was you.

I simply noted some of the meaningful unique characteristics of marriage.

I compared it with nothing.

Your insecurity rightly understood that ss couples are an imposter relationship. Clearly a slip of honesty...

Location hidden

#213259 Aug 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you a bitter angry old man living to demean others on Topix? "well" asked, trying to demean him on Topix.
Thanks Frankie!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#213260 Aug 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you decided not to pursue your focus on 'the end'...
Let me summarize you assertion that ss couples go BEYOND marriage;
Ss couples have it harder.
That's your superiority?
Some would argue that two genders becoming one is much more difficult.
But in the end, you make my point. You agree that marriage IS distinct from ss couples.
Nor am I demeaning when I note the uniqueness of marriage;
In the end,
Marriage is a miraculous reunion of two genders,
a union so profound,
it is described as the union of Mars and Venus.
It units humanity to the roots of life,
while at the very same time
hosting the best and natural
birth place of future human life.
It is the blend of masculinity and femininity.
The wisdom of logic and intuition united.
Strength and delicacy perfectly balanced.
Protection and nurture combined as one.
A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders.
<quoted text>
Ah, the gay troll uses the end to smear again...
Read my response again.
The only one bringing up superiority was you.
I simply noted some of the meaningful unique characteristics of marriage.
I compared it with nothing.
Your insecurity rightly understood that ss couples are an imposter relationship. Clearly a slip of honesty...
The only distinction between same-sex couples and opposite-sex couples is the make up of the genders involved.

Otherwise, both are founded on mutual love, respect, and a desire to create a life together. Both can involve children if the couple so desires.

One is no better or worse than the other. One is not superior over the other.

I DO believe that gay couples have to put more energy into finding and creating a relationship. As I said, there are many factors and variables that are not in our favor.

But when it's all said and done, same-sex couples and opposite-sex couples are the same.

That you want to separate your relationships from ours--calling ours "half marriages"--is simply an example of your need to feel superior. It's a pathetic and childish act on your behalf. And as I said, it represents one of the worst aspects of human behavior.

Location hidden

#213261 Aug 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
The only distinction between same-sex couples and opposite-sex couples is the make up of the genders involved.
Otherwise, both are founded on mutual love, respect, and a desire to create a life together. Both can involve children if the couple so desires.
One is no better or worse than the other. One is not superior over the other.
I DO believe that gay couples have to put more energy into finding and creating a relationship. As I said, there are many factors and variables that are not in our favor.
But when it's all said and done, same-sex couples and opposite-sex couples are the same.
That you want to separate your relationships from ours--calling ours "half marriages"--is simply an example of your need to feel superior. It's a pathetic and childish act on your behalf. And as I said, it represents one of the worst aspects of human behavior.
Your first sentence is a point blank lie. Especially since I delineate major distinctions in my post.

Your second is a whine based on a false victim claim.

Your third sentence is so stupid, you contradict your own claim by making a distinction.

SS couples are half a marriage based on the facts I state.

Your post represents the degree of denial it takes to attempt imposing a impostor relationship on marriage.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#213262 Aug 30, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Then you can think me a liar too. I do not have male gay friends, but I do have a number as business acquaintances. I have about 5 lesbian friends, not counting their friends. They do know and accept that I am not in favor of same sex marriage. I have a few friends who also cheat on their wives, they too know that I am not in favor of adultery.
Here is the thing, my friend. Anger and intolerance comes from trying to control and force acceptance. Disagreement does not mean intolerance. Obama is president, although approximately 46% of the voters did and do not want him as president. That percent could be over 56% by now.
My dad was in Vietnam. It appears that you are having trouble tolerating a lot of things.
No one is forcing you to accept anything, you can stand there and believe that same sex marriage is a bad thing all day long, just as I think Christianity is a bad thing all day long.

The difference is, I don't try and remove the legality of Christianity or any other religion.

One reason people are starting to reject your religion is because of the hatred, actively trying to remove rights from our fellow Americans.

Your comment on Obama doesn't speak well for republicans does it. Here is a damaged president, losing popularity from both left and right ( not that he had much on the right ) and still the GOP could not beat him.
In the wind

Covina, CA

#213263 Aug 30, 2013
I would have expected this to only happen with Linden Sawyer, the rapists pervert who was married for 5 years to Glendora, California heavy weight politician, who pulled strings to cover up the rapist's conviction and lawyer fees.

Montana District Judge G. Todd Baugh sentenced a rapist to just 30 days in jail and said his 14-year-old victim was 'older than her chronological age.

In fact he was responsible for bank rolling Douglas Tessitor in to office in order to put a clamp on the truth about Linden Sawyer, his ex son in-law did to two young girls.

We must never let this happen again, nor allow people like Douglas Tessitor to cover up the truth by using his position in a political office of Glendora California.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#213264 Aug 30, 2013
kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, gumbdrop, pay attention to your own dumb posts. You asked how you could get in touch with Kimare's "wife". I suggested you google it and call the number that pops up in the search engine. I'm sorry your gimpy azz can't follow basic English.
What's a "gumbdrop" dummy? Is that a typo? According to you, typos mean you are an illiterate moron. So you said it yourself, don't cry to me ignorant moron.

Easy!
Mammy Schteinlager

Sonoma, CA

#213265 Aug 30, 2013
debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
If you seem to know your Bible so well, then how did you come up with that Eve ate a apple? What Bible are you reading anyway? No matter what you say that is so evil, God through His Son still died for you and you through all of your meanness can still be saved if you ask for forgiveness through Jesus, the Messiah. May you seek God while he may be found!!
You say God is dead? Here we were about to dismiss you as yet another bit of already over-moistened toss-pot soiled toilet paper, and you blurt that out. Yay, you are found. Now that we know He is gone, we can begin to take resposibility for what we do, what it causes, and how to fix the mess WE have made, and make plans for our future that work because we make it work. This only works once we stop blaming and hiding behind the passed on God's "mysterious plan" cKrappp. Have fun being responsible, hard at first...but great DAY a'mighty, we are free at last.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#213266 Aug 30, 2013
kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
And I was criticizing yours, gimpy boi. So chill out.
You would think that typos are a sign of illiteracy. But that's because you're stupid. They are not.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#213267 Aug 30, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry angry guy, that is not how the law works. There re 37 states where same sex marriage is not allowed. Why should we bring suit in those states to show harm? You have to bring suit as a plaintiff in those states to show the state interest in allowing same sex marriage.
Now, as for the 13 states that all same sex marriage, again no burden, just a simple vote or legislative action.
But, we were talking about same sex adult incest marriages, so what is the harm that you think that produces.
Wow, a full day of dancing and only you have not noticed that the question is still here staring you unanswered.
Dan is one of those people who are so stupid they don't know they are stupid.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#213268 Aug 30, 2013
kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Re-fail, gimp.
You can deny it but that would be another fail in the long list of failures that is your dopey life. You would not make fun of my disability if I was gay.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#213270 Aug 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Well duh.

P.S. Vive la différence!
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#213271 Aug 30, 2013
ok, let's see here. so far the US Military, US Immigration services and now the IRS all recognize same sex marriage, in accordance with the judge's rulings in DOMA.

next up : social security administration

one by one, folks, one by one. if that's what it takes then that's what will happen.

in skimming the IRS' statements, i'm wondering if how they worded the policy will lead to even more law suits in states that have state constitutional bans on same sex marriage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
L A to Havana - Start Jan. 7 4 min Cuba King 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Jacques in Ottawa 225,485
News California shooting shows police ill-equipped t... 16 min Prosperity Fundie... 24
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 61,522
News Texas, California Separatists Attend Pro-Kremli... 16 hr Stephany McDowell 1
News Unarmed 'mentally ill' black man shot dead by p... Thu Go Blue Forever 1
News The Latest: California bars travel to protest a... Wed Xstain Mullah Fra... 1
More from around the web