Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201881 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#200955 Jul 8, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your memory is as short as your penis. I support as much freedom for as many people as possible. I advocate minding ones own business when it comes to the peaceful activities of other consenting adults. If three people all agree to get married it is their business not yours of mine.
Please explain the contradiction between "...support as much freedom for as many people possible", and asking the state into one's personal intimate relationship.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#200956 Jul 8, 2013
TrueAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Your children are like me then. I'm a 2nd generation Atheist, raising a 3rd generation atheist.
Cool! I'm sure your parents taught you to THINK then, not just to be a robot.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#200960 Jul 8, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool! I'm sure your parents taught you to THINK then, not just to be a robot.
Wow.....the implications are that are staggering. Atheists think.....but religious people don't. I guess its time to close down all those religious universities....I suppose we could start with Georgetown university.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#200961 Jul 8, 2013
Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>hey pedro bigot...
"Pedro"? So we're confusing Italian with Spanish?
why don't you fight the real threat to families and marriage....you know ... DIVORCE!!!!
Wow.....a ray of sanity amidst your "bigot" rantings. I agree divorce, while a necessary means, should be made more difficult, return to the concept of "fault" divorce. Very good.
oh ya that wouldn't allow your bigotry to come out given I would bet my life you are on at least your second marriage
Silly angry stripper magician girl. Still on my first marriage, thanks for asking, twenty plus years, four kids, all by the Missus, imagine that in today's world. In love with the same woman for over 20 years...if my wife finds out, she'll kill me.:). That's a Henny Youngman one liner.
ha ha loooser
Public school education?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#200962 Jul 8, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.....the implications are that are staggering. Atheists think.....but religious people don't. I guess its time to close down all those religious universities....I suppose we could start with Georgetown university.
Yeah, where would we be without thinking atheists!
Sparkle

Seattle, WA

#200963 Jul 8, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>or the rest are like you with no morals and believing we all came from a puddle of crud and some apes evolved while others didn't and then they stopped evolving for some reason and .....LOL Good luck with that fairy tale
Silly cathardo.... no evolutionists claims chimps evolved into humans..... only ignorant chriSTAINS as yourself claim that.... as far as the puddle of crud your right but only catholics and christains evolved from that

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#200964 Jul 8, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You hope to deceive people when you claim that Atheism is a religion. I suspect that the reason most people are critical of Christianity is because of pew warmers like your self who give God the finger and refuse to obey what the Bible teaches for you to follow, all the while preaching and trying to shove certain verses down our throats. You are what a hypocrite is, you prove your hypocrisy with each of your posts.
A true follower of Jesus would have to be extremely poor--as poor as the proverbial churchmouse. The Bible makes this quite clear:
•(a) "...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" (Luke 14:33);
•(b) "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" (Matt. 19:21);
•(c) "Sell your possessions and give alms" (Luke 12:33);
•(d) "But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" (Luke 11:41);
•(e) "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" (Matt. 6:19-21);
•(f) "How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" (Mark 10:23);
•(g) "Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" (Matt. 19:23-24);
•(h) A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" (Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21),
•and (i) Paul said, "For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as refuse, in order that I may gain Christ" (Phil. 3:8 RSV)
You have no intention of ever becoming a Christian.
don't want to get into a little spit spat with a hater. I explained the verse concerning a fool, it was actually about you. When you read a book, do you take a sentence here and one there and put them all together? You offer nothing new, I've heard it all before, noting truthful comes out of your mouth. I do know in the end you lose.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Elk Grove, CA

#200965 Jul 8, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
We have morals ... just not YOURS.
btw: human evolution continues. verified.
tell that to the poor apes that didn't evolve. A lot of morals are decided by the laws of the universe. You do the risk, be careful.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Elk Grove, CA

#200966 Jul 8, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
How true, maybe we can start Pol Pot University or Stalin U. just to honor some true atheist thinkers.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#200967 Jul 8, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, where would we be without thinking atheists!
I'm baffled by this assertion that people who profess religious faith are devoid of intellect. Seriously? Some of the top universities in the country are Catholic. Where's Big D?

Elk Grove, CA

#200968 Jul 8, 2013
Sparkle wrote:
<quoted text>Silly cathardo.... no evolutionists claims chimps evolved into humans..... only ignorant chriSTAINS as yourself claim that.... as far as the puddle of crud your right but only catholics and christains evolved from that
that is exactly what evolution teaches. Darwin in "On the origin of Species" (the sterilized title of his racist book), made it quite clear that humans evolved from apes. The more atheist like you learn about evolution, the more stupid and just plain silly it sounds, so you try to find ways to back out of it with this nonsense. Sorry evolutionist atheists. A mountain of books won't shake you free from Darwin, one of the founding fathers of evolution, who wrote two books that are the bible and catechism of evolution; both of which say humans evolved from monkesys (apes).

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#200969 Jul 8, 2013
Sparkle wrote:
<quoted text>Silly cathardo.... no evolutionists claims chimps evolved into humans..... only ignorant chriSTAINS as yourself claim that.... as far as the puddle of crud your right but only catholics and christains evolved from that
Oy vey.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#200970 Jul 8, 2013
Sparkle wrote:
Silly Angry stripper magician girl.....he of little faith....perhaps u could take some of those dollars out of your g string, see a travel agent, and travel to Italy to visit the Vatican observatory. Make sure you wear a nice dress, and be polite.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#200971 Jul 8, 2013
That should have read "ye of little faith".....spell checker strikes again.
Sparkle

Seattle, WA

#200972 Jul 8, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
"Pedro"? So we're confusing Italian with Spanish?
<quoted text>
Wow.....a ray of sanity amidst your "bigot" rantings. I agree divorce, while a necessary means, should be made more difficult, return to the concept of "fault" divorce. Very good.
<quoted text>
Silly angry stripper magician girl. Still on my first marriage, thanks for asking, twenty plus years, four kids, all by the Missus, imagine that in today's world. In love with the same woman for over 20 years...if my wife finds out, she'll kill me.:). That's a Henny Youngman one liner.
<quoted text>
Public school education?
wow... 20 years.... did she ride the short bus or something
Sparkle

Seattle, WA

#200973 Jul 8, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text> that is exactly what evolution teaches. Darwin in "On the origin of Species" (the sterilized title of his racist book), made it quite clear that humans evolved from apes. The more atheist like you learn about evolution, the more stupid and just plain silly it sounds, so you try to find ways to back out of it with this nonsense. Sorry evolutionist atheists. A mountain of books won't shake you free from Darwin, one of the founding fathers of evolution, who wrote two books that are the bible and catechism of evolution; both of which say humans evolved from monkesys (apes).
Totally not true... and modern evolution is only based a tiny bit on the work of darwin.... You need to get out of control of the POOP and explore real science
Sparkle

Seattle, WA

#200974 Jul 8, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly Angry stripper magician girl.....he of little faith....perhaps u could take some of those dollars out of your g string, see a travel agent, and travel to Italy to visit the Vatican observatory. Make sure you wear a nice dress, and be polite.
Ummmm last time I attended a stupid cathardo chur ch the FBI was called... no kidding
Sparkle

Seattle, WA

#200975 Jul 8, 2013
be back in a minute stupid christains... I'm up to dance next on stage... gotta a real pretty and hot outfit on... mmmm should draw the married lonely guys to the VIP room later for sure... chow

Elk Grove, CA

#200977 Jul 8, 2013
Sparkle wrote:
<quoted text>Totally not true... and modern evolution is only based a tiny bit on the work of darwin.... You need to get out of control of the POOP and explore real science
The more atheist like you learn about evolution, the more stupid and just plain silly it sounds, so you try to find ways to back out of it with this nonsense.

Elk Grove, CA

#200978 Jul 8, 2013
Sparkle wrote:
be back in a minute stupid christains... I'm up to dance next on stage... gotta a real pretty and hot outfit on... mmmm should draw the married lonely guys to the VIP room later for sure... chow
LOL...good one dude. As if we all buy into your game. I guess on the internet you can be anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr District 1 225,458
News California shooting shows police ill-equipped t... 1 hr Mite Be 18
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Hypocrite Hillary 61,520
News Unarmed 'mentally ill' black man shot dead by p... 13 hr Go Blue Forever 1
News The Latest: California bars travel to protest a... 22 hr Xstain Mullah Fra... 1
News Several Solano school districts rank among lowe... Wed Birds Landing Bob 1
When I think of Appalachia and/or Appalachian p... Tue EKY 1
More from around the web