Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,578)

Showing posts 171,541 - 171,560 of200,315
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
http://blog.heritage.org/2013/06/19/equality-...
Equality demands that we treat in the same ways things that are the same. But a same-sex relationship is fundamentally different from a marriage. No same-sex union can produce a child. And no same-sex relationship can provide a child with a mother and a father.
While respecting everyone's civil rights, government rightly recognizes, protects, and promotes marriage between a man and a woman as the ideal institution for procreative love, childbearing, and child-rearing. Recognizing that we are all created equal doesn't challenge this historical understanding.
<quoted text>
Two flaws in that statement. First, Gays can marry a "related" adult, thier first cousin. Second, to marry means to enter into a legally recognized union of husband and wife. So, one cannot marry someone of the same sex, contradiction interns, at least in 32 states.
<quoted text>
Legally, no, but you can find whatever house of worship u like and have them marry you.
<quoted text>
You don't need government permission to do that.
<quoted text>
There is no couple's right. Men, that includes u, and women, have the same right to marry.
<quoted text>
True.
<quoted text>
Explain the rainbow flags, T-shirts, and bumper stickers, not to mention the numerous political action organizations?
<quoted text>
SSSB is not new. Creating an identity out of it is.
<quoted text>
So u agree then with my assertions?
<quoted text>
You do have the right. Even in states where SSM is legal, it's not a big seller. Why is that?
<quoted text>
It's OPPOSITE SEX, or, CONJUGAL as in husband and wife, NOT heterosexual marriage. As for the test.....hmmmmm....ya know...that might not be a bad idea....at least premarital counseling. If we have to pass a test for a driver's license......
<quoted text>
Uhhhhhhhh.......helllllloooooo oo.....SSCs are different....in function and form.
<quoted text>
Oh Madone! Would u at least be intellectually honest. U are arguing for SSRs to be legally called marriage, not the right to marry, which u ALREADY HAVE. As to the word, if u truly want it, then marry according to how it's culturally, historically, socially, legally, and yes, even religiously, defined.
Can't say that I agree with anything you wrote.

--You say that same-sex couples are different than opposite-sex couples in that opposite-sex couples have the ability to procreate.

--If that's the case, then opposite-sex couples who cannot, due to medical reasons, reproduce, should be placed in the same category as same-sex couples.

--Marriage in a house of worship does not include the over 1,100 rights and protections afforded to legally married couples. I'm sure you'll throw out some lame excuse that the rights and protections of legally married couples are there for the sake of the children. BUT THEY ARE NOT! They are there for the lifelong protection of the family--whether it involves children or not.

--These rights and protections include social security issues, Medicare issues, inheritance issues, etc. These protections were not established to protect the children in the household. They were created to protect older couples.

--I will explain the various political organizations that support the gay community when you explain the various political organizations that support the straight community. Bottom line, I am a gay man. Laws impact me, personally. I may be a part of a larger community that has banded together for exert strength, but we are made up of individuals.

--We will not change what marriage means. We will change only those who are able to participate in it. If gay marriage were to suddenly be legalized throughout the country, then marriage would be marriage--to both gays and straights.
Striker

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

The USA Supreme Court strikes down anti-prostitution pledge as condition of AIDS funding.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
However there is a cultural, social, historical, and religious expectation of mating within marriage. Let's. OT forget the legal marital presumption of paternity.
Expectation? Sure.
Requirement? Nope. Never. Nada. When women that have had hysterectomies are denied from entering into marriage, then this might be an argument. Right now, it isn't. There is no requirement to mate or to procreate when one enters into marriage. And the participants entering into marriage are not obligated to meet the "expectations" of other people outside the marriage.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Is sex a requirement, the coital kind, not crossing swords?
<quoted text>
No, it isn't a requirement of marriage. Any kind of sex. Perhaps you are aware of people paid for by our government that have the job of verifying that married people have performed coitus!!
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Its about the definition of marriage in the state of California.
Marriage is defined as a union, a ceremony, and an institution. That definition isn't altered in anyway when the participants are the same gender. Your "redefinition" is a work of fiction.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwwww....that's so cute Jonah the Glibtee Whale....is trying to convince us that mating and marriage are not linked or even remotely connected.
You might try a reading comprehension class. No where did I sate they are not linked or remotely connected. What I stated was that one is not a requirement. Which it still isn't.

Oh, and P.S., there is no whale in the biblical story of Jonah. Again, you might trying a comprehension class.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
he'll try and convince us that sex between men and women doesn't make babies. The stork brought him....no wait...too bland....I know a brightly colored parrot...yeah that makes sense.
Not sure what all this babbling is about. You might look into meds.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooo someone is upset, calm down turbo or you will bust a butt plug. You stupid asswipe, I dont't want to pay taxes to support your Fked up way of life studies in public schools or public anything, it affects me when I pay through taxes, but you can't seem to get that through your thick head.
Your taxes are not altered when curriculums change Penguin Boy. You are completely unaffected. The fact that you don't like the curriculum is irrelevant.

Feel free to try again with how you are "affected".
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
All you can do is come up with off the wall BS that means nothing to the quality of life for the normal thinking people.
If it were BS, you would be able to refute it. let me know when that happens Penguin Boy.
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Your cult lifestyle has gotten the better of you and you think we all should agree to it.
Um, shyt for brains, homosexuality isn't a lifestyle, it's a characteristic.

life∑style
[lahyf-stahyl]
noun
the habits, attitudes, tastes, moral standards, economic level, etc., that together constitute the mode of living of an individual or group.

Notice the "THAT TOGETHER CONSTITUTE.....". I singular item, such as homosexuality, does not constitute a lifestyle Penguin Boy.
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a real piece of work. And once again Black history and Asian history has nothing to do with SSM not even close, so stop with the BS.
Where did I state that SSM had something to do with Black history? Please present the exact statement.

Waiting....

Waiting....

Waiting....

Feel free to try again Penguin Boy. So far your batting ZERO, and your attempts to simply make personal attacks aren't helping you!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are saying is that you are willing to pay through your tax dollars to support the gay lifestyle? There is a fine line here, again I don't have a problem if you want to be gay, but don't start dictating and forcing public issues on me.
LOL, I am talking about freedom, justice that wears a blindfold, blind to Race, Creed, Color, Sex, Religion, Orientation or National origin.

I am not forcing any public issue on you, No one is telling you who you can marry and who you cant.... oopps yes they are, it is just that it doesnít apply to you personally.

No one is telling any church they must preform same sex marriages, you can have all the private clubs you want and deny anyone you want to for your club, but you donít get to set the rules for everyone not in your little club.

They feel the same way that Gun owners feel about Guns being taken away.

Tax dollars, how about making up those tax dollars by taxing churches that hide behind their exempt status and fleece their flocks for political campaigns, that would more than make up for a LOT of issues regarding justice and freedom for all Americans .
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks... And have a great time on your vacation!
Thanks, visiting grandchildren, we will have a blast.:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Asshat? Is that the kind of Fundamentalist hate they teach you at Our Lady of Intestinal Arson?
Let me know when you decide to support your previous accusation with some specifics. Until then, you're simply a waste of time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
JoAnah .. you are still the little fantsie-pants Patz I see. Grow up and quit being the bratty little girl on the block will you?
Oh Brunhilda, no one takes you seriously hon. Not since you made the comment that penguins were able to get to Noah's ark by flying to the middle east.

Anyone with an education over 1st grade is well aware of how ridiculously stupid you are. What makes it fun is watching you repeatedly demonstrating how proud you are of your stupidity.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooo someone is upset, calm down turbo or you will bust a butt plug. You stupid asswipe, I dont't want to pay taxes to support your Fked up way of life studies in public schools or public anything, it affects me when I pay through taxes, but you can't seem to get that through your thick head. All you can do is come up with off the wall BS that means nothing to the quality of life for the normal thinking people. Your cult lifestyle has gotten the better of you and you think we all should agree to it. You are a real piece of work. And once again Black history and Asian history has nothing to do with SSM not even close, so stop with the BS.
but you expect gays to pay for YOUR way of life, however ignoratn you may appear here. our taxes go towards your benefits of being married and having kids....yet obviously that public education has done nothing to further your thinking. so it's ok that we shell out money for you while getting nothing for it. riiiiight.

the rest of your post is merely opinionated claptrap that has nothing to substantiate it. best of luck with your mindset in the coming years chum. you'll just more and more angry as time goes by and the rest of the public goes on with their lives and not having issues with how different people live. i guess you and others like you will remain fixated on just someone's sexual position while the rest of us won't be thinking about how others have sex. funny how guys like you like to think about something they loudly complain about other people doing, even if those people are doing that action in the privacy of their own homes.

shake my head at the utter and complete ignorance of some folks.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me know when you decide to support your previous accusation with some specifics. Until then, you're simply a waste of time.
You're quite the pubescent imbecile. I'm going to leave you twisting in the wind.

I'm laughing at what the Fundamentalist colon wreckers put on the front lines.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Where did I judge you? Did I judge you when I told you that it wasn't your place to be a judge of others?
Did you? You don't know?

Many times and many people on here.

Maybe you are referring to selective judgement by selective people about selective issues?

Isn't that really gay?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, visiting grandchildren, we will have a blast.:)
From a SS couple?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
From a SS couple?
I donít happen to be gay, none of my children happen to be gay, that does not stop me or them from supporting our fellow Americans who do happen to be gay, in their fight for freedom against tynary.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
From a SS couple?
My goodness. I'm not sure which is worse, your nosiness (which your bible refers to as "busybody"), or your desire to intentionally agitate (what your little bible refers to as "sowing discord"). Seems odd you would continue to exhibit behavior your sky Santa has stated he hates.

Typical Christian hypocrite fundamentalist.

Carry on plebe.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
From a SS couple?
Here, you seem to be in desperate need of this information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_fertilizat...
Hypocrite Watch

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text> your desire to intentionally agitate
ďFundies = Blight on SocietyĒ

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít happen to be gay, none of my children happen to be gay, that does not stop me or them from supporting our fellow Americans who do happen to be gay, in their fight for freedom against tynary.
Truth, justice, and the Big D way! I thought I just heard trumpets.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth, justice, and the Big D way! I thought I just heard trumpets.
:)
Bruno

Wilmington, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your taxes are not altered when curriculums change Penguin Boy. You are completely unaffected. The fact that you don't like the curriculum is irrelevant.
Feel free to try again with how you are "affected".
<quoted text>
If it were BS, you would be able to refute it. let me know when that happens Penguin Boy.
<quoted text>
Um, shyt for brains, homosexuality isn't a lifestyle, it's a characteristic.
life∑style
[lahyf-stahyl]
noun
the habits, attitudes, tastes, moral standards, economic level, etc., that together constitute the mode of living of an individual or group.
Notice the "THAT TOGETHER CONSTITUTE.....". I singular item, such as homosexuality, does not constitute a lifestyle Penguin Boy.
<quoted text>
Where did I state that SSM had something to do with Black history? Please present the exact statement.
Waiting....
Waiting....
Waiting....
Feel free to try again Penguin Boy. So far your batting ZERO, and your attempts to simply make personal attacks aren't helping you!
I don't expect this conversation to go on too much longer with you because you are a closed minded individual when it comes down to facts and reasoning. If you don't believe that your tax dollars pays for teachers in the public school system well then I guess this conversation is over. Your cult is in its plans and agenda to force gay education it is a fact and you know it so don't ask me to prove it. Consider this topic refuted. Who is penguin boy? u dumb ass homo!!
Bruno

Wilmington, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
but you expect gays to pay for YOUR way of life, however ignoratn you may appear here. our taxes go towards your benefits of being married and having kids....yet obviously that public education has done nothing to further your thinking. so it's ok that we shell out money for you while getting nothing for it. riiiiight.
the rest of your post is merely opinionated claptrap that has nothing to substantiate it. best of luck with your mindset in the coming years chum. you'll just more and more angry as time goes by and the rest of the public goes on with their lives and not having issues with how different people live. i guess you and others like you will remain fixated on just someone's sexual position while the rest of us won't be thinking about how others have sex. funny how guys like you like to think about something they loudly complain about other people doing, even if those people are doing that action in the privacy of their own homes.
shake my head at the utter and complete ignorance of some folks.
Ignorant?.. lol re-read what you are accusing me of "chum" show me where I am talking about your sex life you moron. You have a one track mind like the other homos. We all pay taxes so don't feel like you are the lone ranger u stupied azzz you get the benefits too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 171,541 - 171,560 of200,315
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the California Forum right now

Search the California Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 8 min Frankie Rizzo 52,003
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min wojar 174,439
victim of police abuse (Dec '07) 53 min Sneaky Pete 15
CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 8 hr Sparky A2 7,833
Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 8 hr Ronald 2,251
California reduces deportations for minor crimes 15 hr Amigo 1
California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Mon Racjei 4,885
•••
•••