Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
159,741 - 159,760 of 200,361 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
At what time during the course of human history, did sex between men and women, STOP resulting in conception? That hasn't changed. We still do it, still understand what it does, still need for it to happen. That's the one constant? Men and women married each other. There are TWO sexes.
Why is there a sudden need for SSM? What will happen if men don't marry men, and women don't marry women? Will anyone even notice? Why is such a small percentage of SSCs, who can legally marry, actually do? Why do female couples marry more often than their male counterparts?
What will happen of they're allowed to marry? Will anyone notice after the mongfest cries of the sky is falling blows over? Thank you for that earth shattering news about there being two sexes. I wasn't aware of this fact.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
At what time during the course of human history, did sex between men and women, STOP resulting in conception? That hasn't changed. We still do it, still understand what it does, still need for it to happen. That's the one constant? Men and women married each other. There are TWO sexes.
Condoms, IUDs, the pill, tubal ligation, vasectomy...
Sex isn't just for reproduction. We like it and we like it with the partner of our selection, whether that be like or opposite sex. That hasn't changed either.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheesh, I think that you must have missed a post...
Yep. There is a lot of detritus in here. From both sides. I tend to scan the thread, often not looking at entire pages other than to see who is posting and only look at the ones I find interesting. Or the ones making some outlandish claims (I recognise this happens from both corners). I will often just follow a dialogue between myself and another poster and just ignore the rest too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
But, I am not belittling them, I am a traditionalist, and wish to see some institutions left intact.
If I were gay I would have taken the comment as belittling. In spite of you not intending to belittle you were, IMHO.

Gotta run. I have fallen trees to clear after the "light breeze" that blew through here a few days ago. Looks like I'm starting on timber for next years bonfire a bit early!
Dorn

Ridgecrest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Big Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
How stupid does that sound, he married a straight because he couldn't marry a queer. Wow, how desperate is that? I wouldn't marry another guy just because I couldn't marry a woman that I loved. No one forced him to marry, let alone a woman that queers find repulsive. To fake his whole life!! You know he couldn't have been giving the love to the woman like she thought she would get, not even close. That's really pathetic.
You would be surprised how many gay men marry straight women. I know of several. One said that he thought it would make him straight. Most gay men marry straight women to stay in the closet, because gays are discriminated against when it come to imployment, and service in the military.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yes, I can, but there is no need to, as I am not making use of any... Your side is using our tax dollars to extend governmental benefits to your side, and bankrupting us at the same time, while we waste our energy turning on each other, instead of looking at what our country is becoming... So, there is no need to say "hyperbole".
Rock, when you say “our tax dollars” who do believe is paying those tax dollars? Because, it seems to that it’s the truck driving (aka non-skilled laborers) losers that spend all their extra money on beer that rely the most on government benefits that are in part paid for by skilled hard-working Gay Americans. What’s the matter are you afraid you’ll have less money for beer and start getting the shakes?

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
But, I am not belittling them, I am a traditionalist, and wish to see some institutions left intact. This world we live in is being turned upside down, and we are not benefiting from it. "Desire to get a hand-out? Is that what you're reducing this to?" Most of the reasons that I have heard thrown around in here are centered around "rights" and "benefits" to be had. "Are you talking about tax benefits..." Ask them, they have used it as an argument, not me.
"I'd like to believe that most couples marry because they genuinely love each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together." This they can do, whether or not they have been "married".
"With this comes the long list of benefits that guarantees the participants that outsiders in their relationship won't step in and piss all over their wishes after their demise or worse yet, during their demise.". Wills cover these issues.
The world you live in is very small. Are you really that naïve or are you just talking from the bottom of a bottle?

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
From your link:
"The internet has been a great evolution in the enlightenment of the world's population for the sharing and opening of previously esoteric information."
It has also opened the door for all manner of tinfoil hat wearin' loons to post up sensational "fact" based conspiracty theories. Not to mention just plain piss poor information propagation making mountains of mole hills.
In addition to that Honda 750 pictured to the left of my post I own a Honda Valkyrie. Some years ago the interwebby was awash with tales of a rash of tire failures for the Dunlops spooned on the back rim in OEM trim. There were delaminations galore. After it all settled down ALL of these delaminations were linked back to one tire failure. Given the amount of debris on the road and the propensity for motorists to ignore tire pressures I was willing to stick with the Dunlop tires on mine for many a happy mile (tire pressures monitored closely of course).
Now on to the following from the same link:
"Some of the websites actually tell of eye witness accounts, all of which have yet to be proven or at least validated. No coordinates have been provided as of yet. The story continues to develop. Coup Media has not received any validating information from its sources to support that any of these accounts of chines troops and armored vehicles in Mexico or Canada might be valid."
What I read goes on to indicate a trucker seeing a claimed 10,000 armored vehicles. Each one of them beasts is gonna be fairly massive and be a little difficult to hide. Camo you say? Well how'd the trucker see 'em.
Then we read of eyewitness reports (err is that report) of a bunch of asian and caucasion troops in an area.
I am reminded of the possibility that most UFO spottings are done by people of questionable mental acuity or sobriety.
are you saying bigfoot isn't real? How bout sponge bob?
CAN I GET AIDS FROM

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

IS IT TRUE THAT PEOPLE WHO EAT AND SUCK AND LICK CRAP HAVE A HISTORY OF SPREADING DISEASES.....BUT IT FEELS SO GOOD SEX WITH ANIMALS FEELS GOOD TO
HARVEY MILK PLEASE

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO REASEARCH FALSE MEMORY SYNDROME.....ARE OFFICES IN SAN FRANCISOCO WERE CLOSED DO TO THE WORD FALSE MEMORY CAUSED FLASHBACKS IN PEOPLE...PLEASE RESEARCH HOW FAKE PICTURES PEOPLE WITH FACE MASKS THAT LOOK LIKE FAMILY MEMBERS CAN PUT FALSE MEMORYS IN MIND ALL THE PRESIDENTS BEFORE BECOMEING PRESIDENT HAVE TO GO THROUGH A FALSE MEMORY PRGRAM TO HOW STRONG THEIR MIND IS DO TO ARE PLANETS HISTROY OF TOWERS OF BABEL AND CULT GROUPS AND NOT FULLLLLLLLLLLLLLY UNDERSTANDING THE HUMAN MIND AND THE POWERS OF IT......IF WE DID ALL THE SCHOOLS ON THE PLANET WOULD BE BETTER THEN HARVEARD BUT UNTIL THAT DAY WHEN HUMAN BECOME SUPER SMART........SAN FRANCISCO IS OFFERING SEX CHANGE FOR FREE ......JUST IN CASE THE CRAZIES SHOW UP AGASIN ...AND THEY ALWAYS DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. .....OH YEAH ......SAME SEX MARRIAGE FOR PEOPLE WHOI DONT WANT TO GET SEX CHANGES AND HAVE ADJUSTED TO BEING FORCED INTO A SEX CHANGE
Slipped

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

There's the only reason there hasn't been more.

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
Why do gays need to be obsessed so much with the male body? Why don't they act like good gentlemen and bring honour to the beautiful young glories bodies of naked teenage girls?
What?
ukiah golf course

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

if you have a sex change like the ones jim jones forced upon pepole in ukiah then you can expect people of the same sex to be attracted to each other.....over 4million people were forced int osex changes and giveing fake idenitys and familys with their lifes being threaten

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Young teenage girls are very sweet and their smooth humble bodies ought to be brought to glory!
I hope you're under 20 years old, otherwise you sound like a creepy old pervert.
april

Orange, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Young teenage girls are very sweet and their smooth humble bodies ought to be brought to glory!
??? You are a UK phagget who lusts and wants for "tween-age" boys. Why do you comment about young girls when its boys' testicles and penises you desire and dote on??!

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, homosexuals aren't mentally ill deviants in need of treatment. But, they do not deserve the same recognition as heterosexuals, because they are not equal to heterosexuals, with regards marriage and raising of families. This is the issue. Bringing them the rights that they do not need. National granting of those rights is not legal. There is every need for each state to write its own legislation, as the Constitution makes that clear. Complicated or not.
<quoted text>
Anytime a gay says , "So what you're saying is...", you can be sure that is not what they are saying.
Gay couples can only ever be a barren duplicate half of marriage.
A gay home will ALWAYS deprive a child of one parental gender and at least one birth parent.
What if one of them has both sets of genes?
LOL!
KiMare wrote:
Undeniable, devastating differences.
Smirk.

You think our rights should be determined by our genes.
You have two sets of genes. Do you think you should get twice the rights?
You have a undeniable, devastating difference.
Do you think you should have been aborted?
LOL!

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Sheesh, you are distorting my meaning. Is a hammer inferior to a drill? These differing relationships are unequal in their desire to get a hand-out. MOST heterosexual couples do not get married to receive govt. bennies. You feign shock, but you do not mean it. You are not taken aback, as there is no need to point out your sides argument, we have heard it all before.
Motivation isn't an issue, Bigfoot. People should get equal rights.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>2 different issues, I'm just saying I doubt that there are any China troops on our border. The Mexican drug Lords are not run by their own government, let alone China-men. I doubt in today's time that our Government could hide this from the citizens if it was the case. It's easier to fool the public on stuff like the flu shot.
The government is not able to hide it, but publicity about such an occurrence is going to be slow, as the media is controlled. And China is using NAFTA to circumvent sanctions against China. It is how our markets are being flooded with cheap Chinese goods. But, they are there.
Randy -Rock- Hudson

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
From your link:
"The internet has been a great evolution in the enlightenment of the world's population for the sharing and opening of previously esoteric information."
It has also opened the door for all manner of tinfoil hat wearin' loons to post up sensational "fact" based conspiracty theories. Not to mention just plain piss poor information propagation making mountains of mole hills.
In addition to that Honda 750 pictured to the left of my post I own a Honda Valkyrie. Some years ago the interwebby was awash with tales of a rash of tire failures for the Dunlops spooned on the back rim in OEM trim. There were delaminations galore. After it all settled down ALL of these delaminations were linked back to one tire failure. Given the amount of debris on the road and the propensity for motorists to ignore tire pressures I was willing to stick with the Dunlop tires on mine for many a happy mile (tire pressures monitored closely of course).
Now on to the following from the same link:
"Some of the websites actually tell of eye witness accounts, all of which have yet to be proven or at least validated. No coordinates have been provided as of yet. The story continues to develop. Coup Media has not received any validating information from its sources to support that any of these accounts of chines troops and armored vehicles in Mexico or Canada might be valid."
What I read goes on to indicate a trucker seeing a claimed 10,000 armored vehicles. Each one of them beasts is gonna be fairly massive and be a little difficult to hide. Camo you say? Well how'd the trucker see 'em.
Then we read of eyewitness reports (err is that report) of a bunch of asian and caucasion troops in an area.
I am reminded of the possibility that most UFO spottings are done by people of questionable mental acuity or sobriety.
Did you watch the one video when Rep John Haller says "Jesus" ?
gay person

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

in the early 80s million of people wer eforced into sex cahnges after this more people aere asking for same se marriages..........if two males are forced to have sex changes lied to giveing fake pictures....lied to again......question why they cant remeber their youth..........both thin ktheir woman ...their back gound as males has it in their dna to be attracted to females ..what are the chances that they meet up..........now you know why san francisco was given money from bush jr hilary clinton biden for free sex changes.........the hed of specail ops brought this up in 1993 in front of united nations......two woamn forced int osex chnages arestill atrracted to males ....they meet up they want to get married ...they believe in god ...they dont want to change their bodies back.......as they have no memory of being forced into a sex change..........look i like it when peole stick crap up my ass it feels good.....have you ever stuck your dick in shit and suck on it.....thats how we got aids......in fact we can still die from sticking are dik in sht..........66 but it feels so good ...i make up any reason ...to stick my dic in sht and suck on it.......and now those 15 year old boys look so cute ..........just spreading the diease.......oh by hate way i wasnt borning...gay ..i as just mad at my parents..and most importly im qlueless on how to have conversations so woman and i we dont know how to talk......my boyfriend has the same problem he dosent know how to have conversations and hes real horny and young and is still learning who he is..........but sucking on sht wont get anyone a disease....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••