Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,146

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181968 Mar 1, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're a victim. Anyone as anti social and obviously as lonely as you ass is a victim of something. Poor upbringing or maybe bullying given you're intelligence probably makes deciding what shoe to put on your right foot might take 18 minutes of your time each day.
LOL!!!!
I have little use for shoes. If I tried to put them on, it probably would take 18 minutes. Be happy you need shoes and can put them on easily tough guy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181969 Mar 1, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No polygamy was already illegal, same sex marriage was not, Prop 8 only affected same sex marriage making it illegal, when it was not before.
Prop 8 had no effect on polygamy laws at all.
If all laws against polygamy went away except prop 8, poly will be still illegal in CA, and the only thing keeping it illegal would be prop 8.

Spin that jackass.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#181970 Mar 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I fully support marriage EQUALITY. And you don't.
What don't you understand about that?
That isnít the issue

the issue is youíre not comprehending that polygamy was illegal ( regardless if that is good or bad ) before prop 8, that Prop 8 had no effect on polygamy laws at all

What was true before, was still true after.

Not so with same sex marriage which was legal before prop 8 and illegal after prop 8.

Prop 8 had no effect on polygamy laws at all, prop 8 being overturned will also not change polygamy laws.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#181971 Mar 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're willing to venture into them if you could find a woman who'd do them with you! If you do, I want a notarized statement.
Having seen his wife, ummm all I can say is Dayummm
Big D

Modesto, CA

#181972 Mar 1, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>He won't get it.
Yeah, he has a vested interest in not comprehending the simplest statements of fact.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#181973 Mar 1, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>I will go with 6, everyone has to have limitations.
Oh come on, what about line marriages?

It is a marriage that potentially never ends.

( I had no knowledge of line marriages until I read a Heinlein book, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, great read.)
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181974 Mar 1, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>He won't get it.
You don't get it. Prop eight bans polygamy EQUALLY to banning same sex marriage.

It's a simple concept really. What don't you understand about restricting marriage to "A" man and "A" woman? Does that mean 2 men can marry another man? Think real hard.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#181975 Mar 1, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh come on, what about line marriages?
It is a marriage that potentially never ends.
( I had no knowledge of line marriages until I read a Heinlein book, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, great read.)
Not 6 wives, 6 positions. I have 1 wife, why in the hell would I want more?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#181976 Mar 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it. Prop eight bans polygamy EQUALLY to banning same sex marriage.
It's a simple concept really. What don't you understand about restricting marriage to "A" man and "A" woman? Does that mean 2 men can marry another man? Think real hard.
No you donít get it, polygamy was illegal before Prop 8, was still illegal after Prop 8, and will still be illegal when Prop 8 is overturned.

Polygamy was already banned before, and will continue to be banned after.

Prop 8 did not change polygamy laws in any way whatsoever, and will continue to have zero effect when it is overturned.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#181977 Mar 1, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No polygamy was already illegal, same sex marriage was not, Prop 8 only affected same sex marriage making it illegal, when it was not before.
Prop 8 had no effect on polygamy laws at all.
Doesn't seem THAT difficult to me. Frankie must be easily confused, or else he really believes in the "double illegal" theory. shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#181978 Mar 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamy was banned BEFORE Prop 8. Do you have a problem with linear time?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#181979 Mar 1, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, he has a vested interest in not comprehending the simplest statements of fact.
I think his problem is that he cannot admit to being incorrect.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#181980 Mar 1, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Not 6 wives, 6 positions. I have 1 wife, why in the hell would I want more?
Oh come on..... 2 wives would have twice as many chores for you to do. You would keep busier.

And when it was time to watch a movie, you would be outvoted, you would get to see ALL the chick flicks.

This is an opportunity for you ;)
Big D

Modesto, CA

#181981 Mar 1, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I think his problem is that he cannot admit to being incorrect.
I think you are right

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#181982 Mar 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Look Frank I will try one more time. A few years ago, in the state of California, Same sex marriage was legal. Prop 8 was put on the ballot to ban, same sex marriage. Given that it ( same sex marriage) was legal, the voter initiative was overturned by a federal judge, due to its unconstitutionality. The ruling was crafted to apply only to California. Whilst polygamy is still illegal, and has been for a very long time. Your Polygamy stance would go a lot farther in say, North Carolina. There the law is a general ban, that does not change an existing law. Lets say that Iowa, next week votes to ban same sex marriage, a law that is on the books. I would venture to say, it would be struck down. You cant remove an existing law, for a select group of people based on sexuality. In the state of Illinois, EVERYONE, must wear seat belts when operating, or ridding in a motor vehicle, with the exception of buses and motor driven cycles. It does not narrow the law to only apply to people with blue eyes.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181983 Mar 1, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Having seen his wife, ummm all I can say is Dayummm
I have also seen his wife. She's cute.

“Reality bites”

Location hidden

#181984 Mar 1, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh come on..... 2 wives would have twice as many chores for you to do. You would keep busier.
And when it was time to watch a movie, you would be outvoted, you would get to see ALL the chick flicks.
This is an opportunity for you ;)
Exactly my point, that and they no doubt would have timed periods. The Midol expense could be more than I could handle.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181985 Mar 1, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
That isnít the issue
the issue is youíre not comprehending that polygamy was illegal ( regardless if that is good or bad ) before prop 8, that Prop 8 had no effect on polygamy laws at all
What was true before, was still true after.
Not so with same sex marriage which was legal before prop 8 and illegal after prop 8.
Prop 8 had no effect on polygamy laws at all, prop 8 being overturned will also not change polygamy laws.
If there were no other laws against poly, prop 8 would be the only law left against poly in CA.

It's simple concept really. What don't you understand about "a man and a woman"? Does that mean 2 men and a woman? 3 men? Think real hard.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181986 Mar 1, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Look Frank I will try one more time. A few years ago, in the state of California, Same sex marriage was legal. Prop 8 was put on the ballot to ban, same sex marriage. Given that it ( same sex marriage) was legal, the voter initiative was overturned by a federal judge, due to its unconstitutionality. The ruling was crafted to apply only to California. Whilst polygamy is still illegal, and has been for a very long time. Your Polygamy stance would go a lot farther in say, North Carolina. There the law is a general ban, that does not change an existing law. Lets say that Iowa, next week votes to ban same sex marriage, a law that is on the books. I would venture to say, it would be struck down. You cant remove an existing law, for a select group of people based on sexuality. In the state of Illinois, EVERYONE, must wear seat belts when operating, or ridding in a motor vehicle, with the exception of buses and motor driven cycles. It does not narrow the law to only apply to people with blue eyes.
Look Jizzy, all that is true. Also true is that prop 8 prohibits poly marriage EQUALLY to prohibiting same sex marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#181987 Mar 1, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are right
I am incorrect in saying that "a man and a woman" prohibits poly marriage as well as same sex marriage? How so?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
California tuition hike fight shifts to Sacramento 44 min Ace McMillan 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 48 min dont drink the ko... 48,422
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 180,634
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 6 hr hELMS 56,664
Bread & Butter: Cool idea for Novato: ice cream... (Mar '13) 15 hr HaiYen 5
University tuition increases adopted in California 18 hr Wing 1
Energy storage seen as next spark for 'green' p... 23 hr Green -cash- Cons... 48

California People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE