Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201481 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

rolling along

La Puente, CA

#232860 Oct 6, 2014
October 06, 2014

Same-sex marriage was just legalized in 11 states…

Since 2013, when the Supreme Court struck down the federal ban on same-sex marriage, lower courts — and even the Supreme Court — have followed with…
Vox.com

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#232861 Oct 6, 2014
rolling along wrote:
October 06, 2014
Same-sex marriage was just legalized in 11 states…
Since 2013, when the Supreme Court struck down the federal ban on same-sex marriage, lower courts — and even the Supreme Court — have followed with…
Vox.com
What a joke. Or more specifically, a seriously inferior counterfeit...

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#232863 Oct 6, 2014
Sgt Peppers wrote:
Wait 'til Oregon finishes with them. You'll be rooting for the Sister Cabrini House for Unwed Mothers
Probably fella! I have been waiting for our own conference version of "Duck Dynasty" to go off the air for quite some time now :/
cheapimport

Mountain View, CA

#232865 Oct 6, 2014
There are many good things for you!!
COME IN.
cheapimport.co

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Sgt Peppers

Gardnerville, NV

#232867 Oct 6, 2014
How you gonna get a duck to lisp? Oh, that's right, Daffy Duck lisps. Sufferin' succotash.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
dust off

La Puente, CA

#232868 Oct 6, 2014
Go polish your lens.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SanFranJeff

Mountain View, CA

#232870 Oct 7, 2014
Within the next 5 years, marriage equality will be legalized in all 50 states. Right winged whack job zealots should immediately refrain from wasting their money fighting equality. It's clear they will continue to lose!

Location hidden

#232871 Oct 7, 2014
SanFranJeff wrote:
Within the next 5 years, marriage equality will be legalized in all 50 states. Right winged whack job zealots should immediately refrain from wasting their money fighting equality. It's clear they will continue to lose!
You mean 'marrage'.

1. The complexity of a diverse gender couple united in marriage.

2. The complementary sexual union of a diverse gender couple.

3. The combined union of two into one through a child.

A ss couple can NEVER through any court ruling or any other means equate to those distinctions. Always inferior. Now only all the more obvious...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
CakeYanker

La Puente, CA

#232872 Oct 7, 2014
CakeYanker:
So your a lost sole and need more time in the corner to sober up.
To bad so sad take your three and get lost.

Since: May 12

Woodland Hills, CA

#232873 Oct 7, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean 'marrage'.
A ss couple can NEVER through any court ruling or any other means equate to those distinctions. Always inferior. Now only all the more obvious...
And where exactly did you get those definitions?

This is what I found when I googled the definition of marriage:

marriage
[mar-ij] Spell Syllables
Examples Word Origin
noun
1.(broadly) any of the diverse forms of interpersonal union established in various parts of the world to form a familial bond that is recognized legally, religiously, or socially, granting the participating partners mutual conjugal rights and responsibilities and including, for example, opposite-sex marriage, same-sex marriage, plural marriage, and arranged marriage:
Anthropologists say that some type of marriage has been found in every known human society since ancient times.
See Word Story at the current entry.

2. Also called opposite-sex marriage. the form of this institution under which a man and a woman have established their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc.
See also traditional marriage (def 2).
this institution expanded to include two partners of the same gender, as in same-sex marriage; gay marriage.

3.the state, condition, or relationship of being married; wedlock:
They have a happy marriage.
Synonyms: matrimony.
Antonyms: single life, bachelorhood, spinsterhood, singleness.

4. the legal or religious ceremony that formalizes the decision of two people to live as a married couple, including the accompanying social festivities:
to officiate at a marriage.
Synonyms: nuptials, marriage ceremony, wedding.
Antonyms: divorce, annulment.

5. a relationship in which two people have pledged themselves to each other in the manner of a husband and wife, without legal sanction:
trial marriage.

6. any close or intimate association or union:
the marriage of words and music in a hit song.
Synonyms: blend, merger, unity, oneness; alliance, confederation.
Antonyms: separation, division, disunion, schism.

7. a formal agreement between two companies or enterprises to combine operations, resources, etc., for mutual benefit; merger.

Location hidden

#232874 Oct 7, 2014
TrueAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
And where exactly did you get those definitions?
This is what I found when I googled the definition of marriage:
marriage
[mar-ij] Spell Syllables
Examples Word Origin
noun
1.(broadly) any of the diverse forms of interpersonal union established in various parts of the world to form a familial bond that is recognized legally, religiously, or socially, granting the participating partners mutual conjugal rights and responsibilities and including, for example, opposite-sex marriage, same-sex marriage, plural marriage, and arranged marriage:
Anthropologists say that some type of marriage has been found in every known human society since ancient times.
See Word Story at the current entry.
2. Also called opposite-sex marriage. the form of this institution under which a man and a woman have established their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc.
See also traditional marriage (def 2).
this institution expanded to include two partners of the same gender, as in same-sex marriage; gay marriage.
3.the state, condition, or relationship of being married; wedlock:
They have a happy marriage.
Synonyms: matrimony.
Antonyms: single life, bachelorhood, spinsterhood, singleness.
4. the legal or religious ceremony that formalizes the decision of two people to live as a married couple, including the accompanying social festivities:
to officiate at a marriage.
Synonyms: nuptials, marriage ceremony, wedding.
Antonyms: divorce, annulment.
5. a relationship in which two people have pledged themselves to each other in the manner of a husband and wife, without legal sanction:
trial marriage.
6. any close or intimate association or union:
the marriage of words and music in a hit song.
Synonyms: blend, merger, unity, oneness; alliance, confederation.
Antonyms: separation, division, disunion, schism.
7. a formal agreement between two companies or enterprises to combine operations, resources, etc., for mutual benefit; merger.
Where did I say they were definitions?

These are obvious facts:

A ss couple can NEVER through any court ruling or any other means equate to those distinctions. They will always be inferior. Now only all the more obvious...

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#232875 Oct 7, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be funny to have a spin off show, Gay Duck Dynasty. Everyone is gay even the ducks! Gay duck calls etc. You could be Gay Phil.
I'm in!!! ;)
all in

La Puente, CA

#232876 Oct 7, 2014
JakeYanker:
Sgt Peppers

Gardnerville, NV

#232877 Oct 7, 2014
Hang the Azusa Hag-Beast from the ceiling light fixture by her ankles and use her as a Pinada. I'll bring the Louisville Sluggers. I'm in, too!!!
rack mounted

La Puente, CA

#232878 Oct 7, 2014
Jake Yanker & private peppers:

Location hidden

#232879 Oct 7, 2014
"I bring this up because yesterday the Supreme Court, acting with its usual courage and fortitude, decided to take the ‘gay marriage’ ball and punt it back down the field. In one swoop, they rejected appeals from Indiana, Oklahoma, Utah, Virginia and Wisconsin, effectively granting legalization by deferring to the rulings of lower courts, which had already abolished the bans in those states. Now, by my count, the ‘states with gay marriage’ count will rapidly jump from nine to about 30.

This isn’t a surprise, of course. And it won’t be a surprise when there’s something called ‘gay marriage’ everywhere in the country. Sometime between the divorce rate skyrocketing and out-of-wedlock births reaching 40 percent nationwide, it became obvious that our society has very little energy for preserving, defending, respecting, or even participating in marriage. That’s not to say that we shouldn’t bother resisting ‘gay marriage,’ it’s simply to say that we are poorly equipped to do so. And barely interested, it would seem.

Progressives brag that the cultural tide is moving in their direction. They’re right, it is. A society that communicates in emoticons and watches Adam Sandler movies also tends to think liberal ideas are pretty solid. Makes perfect sense, really. They’ve won over fools with foolishness, and I think it’s pretty cute that they’re so proud of it."

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/there-i ...
Sgt Peppers

Gardnerville, NV

#232880 Oct 7, 2014
The fat Pinata from Azusa is a very poor sport: Trying to spoil our fun. We won't hit you THAT hard.
TWP

Wichita Falls, TX

#232881 Oct 7, 2014
Sgt Peppers wrote:
fat Pinata...
You know "Sergeant"...

In the Beatles song, "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"...

The Beatles clearly said that "Sgt. Pepper" taught the band to play...

Not "Sgt. Peppers"...

"Butt" YOU refer to yourself as "Sgt. Peppers"...

Now...

I am curious...

How could someone such as you...

Who's intellect and observation surpasses all others...

Who is such a "pertinent stickler" for "facts"...

Make such a conspicuously egregious error in your choice of screen names...?!!!

I am sure you will clear this up and redeem our faith in your super hyper-intellectual abilities...

Thank you...!
PWT

La Puente, CA

#232882 Oct 7, 2014
Jake Yanker & private peppers:
To bad so sad take your three and get lost or go pound sand.
mind your own

La Puente, CA

#232883 Oct 7, 2014
Another appellate court strikes down same-sex marriage bans, in Idaho and Nevada

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2014/10/07/6768164/anot...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Free $10 2 hr 10 bucks 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 hr U_Nil_Name 243,319
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 hr SWEET FARTS 64,463
News Court rules California bakeries may REFUSE to d... 12 hr Wondering 48
wow 17 hr slidejoy24 1
News Judge approves shutdown of large California hom... Wed Solarman 1
News California weighs permanent restrictions for wa... Tue Toni Richardson 1
More from around the web