Redlands farmer says he's on a missio...

Redlands farmer says he's on a mission from God to be governor

There are 10 comments on the San Bernardino County Sun story from May 17, 2010, titled Redlands farmer says he's on a mission from God to be governor. In it, San Bernardino County Sun reports that:

A Redlands resident is making his third run for governor and is doing so in answer to his faith.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Bernardino County Sun.

Bob

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#1 May 18, 2010
This guy is a NUT
Ken Keniff

Santa Monica, CA

#2 May 18, 2010
Did Gid say he would actually win?
jesse

Banning, CA

#3 May 18, 2010
must be sarah's uncle.
Oh Well

Los Angeles, CA

#4 May 18, 2010
I think God is going to be disappointed on this one!
Mr Tax payer

Ann Arbor, MI

#5 May 18, 2010
First- This is one State not north or south. If south does make a diferance then understand that the souther taxpayers pay most of the tax burder for the state.

Second- As for prisoners place these prisoners in barb wire fenced in the desert with militery tents and outdoor cooking facilities just like our solders the tax payers current pay more than 41,000 per year to house each prisoner.

Third-Water is not that big of a deal conservacation would solve most of the water problems, If one were to look at Imperial county water supply you could under stand that under a 1912 law that the farmers obtain most of the water from the coloraodo river. Change that law.

Fourth- It is the centeral Californis farmers who are victims of the envirnmenta restiction of water in the north (keep dividing the state right
point the finger at each other) the food is grown there for much of the United States (Tax the export of food to other states. to pay for more wate works)

The solution is population control and total restriction of the borders. ENFORCE CURRENT LAWS.
Mickey Mouse

Boron, CA

#6 May 18, 2010
This guy is a wingnut!

Thanks for a very amusing story.
garbage

San Bernardino, CA

#8 May 18, 2010
And now, people... And now, people... When I woke up this mornin', I heard a distubin' sound. I said When I woke up this mornin', I heard a disturbin' sound! What I heard was the jingle-jangle of a thousand lost souls! I'm talkin''bout the souls of mortal men and women, departed from this life. Wait a minute! Those lost angry souls roamin' unseen on the earth, seekin' to find life they'll not find, because it's too late! Tooooo late, yeah! Too late for they'll never see again the life they choose not to follow. Alright! Alright! Don't be lost when your time comes! For the day of the Lord cometh as a thief in the night!
Angela

United States

#9 May 18, 2010
This guys platform is a little vague, and a lot disturbing. I oersonaaly would not welcome a state where the laws of government are based on the Bible, if you read some of the old testament rules it is pretty scary. He seems to want to respecfully take the water fron Northern Calif, what Respecfully? What if they don't want to respectfully give it up, even for money. He needs to think through his education propsals a bit more as well. Perhaps his God should help him work through his notiona and make them a bit more concrete before he expects people to vote for him. By the way what is a guy who wants to follow Gods rules doing raising pigs? Sounds to me like a guy who picks and chooses his Bible bits. Follows the old testament where convenient. Yup, a nut.
yuran8r

Upland, CA

#10 May 18, 2010
The Blues Brothers were on a mission from god too.
I would be more likely to vote for them.
SHYKORA paul arts

Calgary, Canada

#11 Oct 19, 2013
...HAPPY Canadian FRAM Thanksgiving...eh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Coffee Party 239,234
News Cal-exit? Meet the movement for Californian sec... 10 hr guest 7
News Muslim Day: Bay Area faithful come to Sacrament... (Apr '15) 14 hr Logic 101 26
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 hr Bbzzoo 63,543
Election California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Tue Liberals are dumb 16,064
News Essential Politics: The Supreme Court fight is on Tue 07 Mustang 12
News Lindsay Lohan is 'scared' to go back to Los Ang... Tue Manasah 2
More from around the web