One by One, Our Abortion Stories Can ...

One by One, Our Abortion Stories Can Change Debate

There are 1167 comments on the Women's eNews story from Dec 9, 2012, titled One by One, Our Abortion Stories Can Change Debate. In it, Women's eNews reports that:

Three drugstore purchased tests had proved it without a doubt. I was pregnant. Sitting on the toilet, looking at the tests lined up side by side on the tub, it was a typically cool and foggy summer day near the beach in San Francisco.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Women's eNews.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#1134 Mar 24, 2013
Susanm wrote:
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
One of MANY women hating Pro liar myths:
In realitly MORE parents espcialy women and teens REGRAT they have kids. We have INCREASE of Post Natal Abortion, child abuse, dometice abuse espicaly with special needs kids, girls and women dying when they could be save with abortion, etc.
We have one mother who got off with killing her son when she "accidently" drop him in incloser of wild dogs.
A father got off with "accidently" shootin is "austic" son.
We have INCREASE of parents "accidently" leaving their kids in their cars espicaly in hot weather.
We have INCREASE of kids "accidently" drowing in pools, baths etc.
What is post natal abortion?
Good question. Ranks right up there with 'unborn child' in the oxymoronic word department.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#1135 Mar 24, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Good question. Ranks right up there with 'unborn child' in the oxymoronic word department.
When a pregnant woman drinks alcohol, so does her unborn baby. Alcohol in the mother's blood passes through the placenta to the baby through the umbilical cord. Drinking alcohol during pregnancy can cause miscarriage, stillbirth, and a range of lifelong disorders, known as fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASDs). There is no known safe time to drink alcohol during pregnancy. Drinking alcohol in the first three months of pregnancy can cause the baby to have abnormal facial features. Growth and central nervous system problems (e.g., low birthweight, behavioral problems) can occur from drinking alcohol anytime during pregnancy. The baby’s brain is developing throughout pregnancy and can be damaged at any time.

If a woman is drinking alcohol during pregnancy, it is never too late to stop. The sooner a woman stops drinking, the better it will be for both her baby and herself.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 1600 Clifton Rd. Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) TTY:(888) 232-6348
http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/fasd/index.html
Rush

Fairbury, NE

#1136 Mar 24, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
The cat in the video is very cute! How cute do you find him? And actually look at the video, don't dismiss it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =EWWuJxmkme4XX
That is a fleabitten rat.
Rush

Fairbury, NE

#1137 Mar 24, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't answer nonsense without proof. Especially NAZI FASCISMS! EVIL KING OF NAZI FASCISM! GOOOO TOOO HEELLLL!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA OH WHATEVER IS SATAN MADE OUT OF? YOUR FLESH HAHAHAHA SATAN HAS THE SAME MATERIALS AS YOU!!! YOOOOOO ARRRREEEE SATTTTAAAAANNNNN!!! HEHEHEHEH
I love your meltdowns. Insane looks good on you!LOL

Location hidden

#1138 Mar 24, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>When a pregnant woman drinks alcohol, so does her unborn baby. Alcohol in the mother's blood passes through the placenta to the baby through the umbilical cord. Drinking alcohol during pregnancy can cause miscarriage, stillbirth, and a range of lifelong disorders, known as fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASDs). There is no known safe time to drink alcohol during pregnancy. Drinking alcohol in the first three months of pregnancy can cause the baby to have abnormal facial features. Growth and central nervous system problems (e.g., low birthweight, behavioral problems) can occur from drinking alcohol anytime during pregnancy. The baby’s brain is developing throughout pregnancy and can be damaged at any time.
If a woman is drinking alcohol during pregnancy, it is never too late to stop. The sooner a woman stops drinking, the better it will be for both her baby and herself.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 1600 Clifton Rd. Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) TTY:(888) 232-6348
http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/fasd/index.html
I never drank alcohol during any of my pregnancies.
Still pro-choice, though.
Next...
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#1139 Mar 24, 2013
Bob wrote:
Too bad LargeLanguage's mother didn't have an abortion. We would all be spared his stupidity.
Bob the paedophile seriously thinks he's gonna survive here.
How did you know I was on this thread?
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#1140 Mar 24, 2013
Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a fleabitten rat.
Did you notice that paedophile Bob(He raped MaltaMon's son, remember?)is on here?
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#1141 Mar 24, 2013
<quoted text>I never drank alcohol during any of my pregnancies.
Still pro-choice, though.
Next...
I think you're drunk right now.
Choosing, or choice is a mental process that cannot be controlled by external forces. To say one is pro-choice or anti-choice, or has the right to choose etc. makes absolutely no sense. For how can one be for, or against, or have the right to something that is impossible to control? Simply put, one cannot. Only the actions or options that we choose can be controlled, the choices themselves cannot be controlled. The English term 'mental process' means (psychology) the performance of some composite cognitive activity; an operation that affects mental contents. A theory of ironic processes of mental control is proposed to account for the intentional and counterintentional effects that result from efforts at self-control of mental states. The theory holds that an attempt to control the mind introduces two processes: an operating process that promotes the intended change by searching for mental contents consistent with the intended state and a monitoring process that tests whether the operating process is needed by searching for mental contents inconsistent with the intended state. The operating process requires greater cognitive capacity and normally has more pronounced cognitive effects than the monitoring process, and the two working together thus promote whatever degree of mental control is enjoyed. Under conditions that reduce capacity, however, the monitoring process may supersede the operating process and thus enhance the person's sensitivity to mental contents that are the ironic opposite of those that are intended. The phenomenon has been identified through thought suppression studies in experimental psychology. Social psychologist Daniel Wegner and his colleagues first studied thought suppression in a laboratory setting in 1987 by instructing participants to avoid all thoughts of a white bear. The typical finding in such experiments is that suppressing thoughts of a white bear causes the frequent return of such thoughts, sometimes even yielding a tendency to obsess about the very thought that is being suppressed. The implications for these findings have since been applied in clinical settings where thought suppression is quite common (e.g., trying not to think of one's problems or other anxiety-producing or depressing thoughts).

http://www.deepdyve.com/lp/psycarticles-reg/i...

Location hidden

#1142 Mar 24, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>I think you're drunk right now...(remainder of post deleted for irrelevance.)
What's your point, creature?

Even if you were correct, I'm not currently pregnant. In other words, I'm of legal drinking age, and I'll (by jingo) drink if I want to.

I think you're wearing a hair shirt, sitting on a pineapple, and performing self-flagellation, while howling at the moon.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#1143 Mar 24, 2013
<quoted text>What's your point, creature?
Even if you were correct, I'm not currently pregnant. In other words, I'm of legal drinking age, and I'll (by jingo) drink if I want to.
I think you're wearing a hair shirt, sitting on a pineapple, and performing self-flagellation, while howling at the moon.
The point is unborn baby is a baby that is still in the womb. Not an oxymoron.

Location hidden

#1144 Mar 25, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>The point is unborn baby is a baby that is still in the womb. Not an oxymoron.
Can't be a baby until it's born.

So you are wrong, as usual.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#1145 Mar 25, 2013
<quoted text>Can't be a baby until it's born.
So you are wrong, as usual.
Yes it can. What about those images of dead aborted babies?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#1146 Mar 25, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it can. What about those images of dead aborted babies?
You mean those same 100 images that have been floating around the internet for at least the last seven years? Isn't Photoshop a wonder? At any rate, if real, they're images of aborted embryos and fetuses.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#1147 Mar 25, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean those same 100 images that have been floating around the internet for at least the last seven years? Isn't Photoshop a wonder? At any rate, if real, they're images of aborted embryos and fetuses.
You are thick. They are in human form, how can they be embroyos, and simply fetuses, inhuman bitch? And how do you know they are photoshopped?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#1148 Mar 25, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You are thick. They are in human form, how can they be embroyos, and simply fetuses, inhuman bitch? And how do you know they are photoshopped?
They are embryos and fetuses. I didn't say they are all Photoshopped, but it's unlikely so many women would consent to have those photos taken.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#1149 Mar 25, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
They are embryos and fetuses. I didn't say they are all Photoshopped, but it's unlikely so many women would consent to have those photos taken.
How can they be embroyos when in human baby form, nutjob?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#1150 Mar 25, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
How can they be embroyos when in human baby form, nutjob?
Because that is what they are, embryos and fetuses.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#1151 Mar 25, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that is what they are, embryos and fetuses.
You are dumb. An embroyo is a bunch of cells. These babies in the images were in the form of human babies, bitch head. You can call them embroyos easily without a sense of human empathy.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#1152 Mar 25, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You are dumb. An embroyo is a bunch of cells. These babies in the images were in the form of human babies, bitch head. You can call them embroyos easily without a sense of human empathy.
Your ignorance is astounding. Stop trying to debate a subject you know nothing about.

No, an embryo is not a "bunch of cells". Learn something about human anatomy and physiology in general, and human reproduction in particular.

I call them what they are. Those pictures are, if real, of aborted embryos and fetuses. That is a fact.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#1153 Mar 25, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ignorance is astounding. Stop trying to debate a subject you know nothing about.
No, an embryo is not a "bunch of cells". Learn something about human anatomy and physiology in general, and human reproduction in particular.
I call them what they are. Those pictures are, if real, of aborted embryos and fetuses. That is a fact.
They are in human form, no matter what fetus and embryo means.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 25 min Into The Night 61,498
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr District 1 225,401
When I think of Appalachia and/or Appalachian p... 18 hr EKY 1
kageshi video chat with naked dudes on cam! 19 hr DudesNude 1
News California governor vetoes ban on public smokin... 19 hr jackbenn8 2
News Pension mess can't go on; that's no reason to i... Mon donaldito 4ever 1
Election California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sun Fanclub 16,059
More from around the web