Hispanics to soon surpass whites in C...

Hispanics to soon surpass whites in California

There are 394 comments on the KFMB-TV San Diego story from Jan 31, 2013, titled Hispanics to soon surpass whites in California. In it, KFMB-TV San Diego reports that:

Hispanics will become the largest ethnic group in the nation's most populous state early next year, the California Department of Finance said Thursday, marking a big milestone in a long-running demographic shift that has already deeply altered the political balance of power, the economy and culture.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFMB-TV San Diego.

Maried

Bryant, AR

#385 Feb 8, 2013
The Truth: Some believe that undocumented immigrants benefit from federal programs such as food stamps, Medicaid, SCHIP, and welfare. In fact, undocumented immigrants are ineligible to receive these benefits; anyone seeking to obtain them must provide proof of legal status.25 Since the passage of the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act of 1996, even documented immigrants are ineligible for most forms of public assistance for the first five years they reside in the United States or until they attain citizenship.26 While there are some social services undocumented immigrants do use -- public education for children, for instance -- contrary to the rhetoric one hears on cable news, they also support government spending through the taxes they pay.Undocumented immigrants pay all kinds of taxes: they pay sales taxes whenever they purchase goods and services, they pay property taxes in the form of rent, and they pay payroll and income taxes. Many undocumented immigrants use false Social Security numbers to obtain employment; when they do so, these workers then pay payroll taxes (for Social Security and Medicare), and often federal and state income taxes as well, through paycheck withholding. As the New York Times reported in 200527, the Social Security Administration estimates that three-quarters of undocumented immigrants pay payroll taxes, adding as much as $7 billion in Social Security taxes a year to federal coffers, and another $1.5 billion in Medicare taxes.28 Under current law, none of these funds will ever be paid back to undocumented immigrants in the form of Social Security and Medicare benefits, as they are not eligible.

http://mediamattersaction.org/reports/fearand...
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#386 Feb 8, 2013
Then why are there so many immigrants wanted for murder and violent crimes? Immigrants legal and illegal account for about 12% of the population yet look at how many are wanted for violent crimes.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/additional/ @@wanted-group-listing
Maried

Bryant, AR

#387 Feb 8, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
Then why are there so many immigrants wanted for murder and violent crimes? Immigrants legal and illegal account for about 12% of the population yet look at how many are wanted for violent crimes.
Clicked on the link all I see is pictures of people
Maried

Bryant, AR

#388 Feb 8, 2013
Give me a link that says immigrants vs native born with the numbers
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#389 Feb 8, 2013
Maried wrote:
<quoted text>
Clicked on the link all I see is pictures of people
Pictures of the 24 most wanted people by the FBI for murder and violent crimes. About half of them were not born in the U.S. 12% of the population account for 50% of the FBI's most wanted for violent crimes. I guess you don't very read well.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#390 Feb 8, 2013
Maried wrote:
Give me a link that says immigrants vs native born with the numbers
Try reading if you can. It does not hurt. Each person wanted has there place of birth listed. 12 of 24 were not born in the U.S. How many of those born here are anchor babies is not listed.
hitem

South Boston, VA

#391 Feb 8, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
Pictures of the 24 most wanted people by the FBI for murder and violent crimes. About half of them were not born in the U.S. 12% of the population account for 50% of the FBI's most wanted for violent crimes. I guess you don't very read well.
Married probably is fat ugly and no american would have her, but she got cute ancor babies and welfare galor
Maried

Bryant, AR

#392 Feb 8, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
Try reading if you can. It does not hurt. Each person wanted has there place of birth listed. 12 of 24 were not born in the U.S. How many of those born here are anchor babies is not listed.
Yes I just now saw that but what I don't see is the numbers ok guy wanted for murder got it but how many USA citizen are murders vs immigrants or how many USA citizen robs a bank vs an immigrant yes it is wrong for those people I hope they get found and hung high but where is the numbers
Maried

Bryant, AR

#393 Feb 8, 2013
hitem wrote:
<quoted text>
Married probably is fat ugly and no american would have her, but she got cute ancor babies and welfare galor
Yawn is that all you got. You don't know me so throwing around junk won't hurt me. I'm proud of who I am and what I have done, but thing is I can't prove to you I don't get benefits nor can I prove to you I have worked in the place for 9 years 7 of those years making $18 an hour nor can I prove that my husband is legal. But you know what I don't care. The people who matter in my life my boss, my family, my friends they know cuz they have seen me, worked with me, seen my house, my kid and my husband so until you have seen this with your own eyes I will just keep on yawning cuz that's all you got
Maried

Bryant, AR

#394 Feb 8, 2013
DEE DEE DEE thank you for doing this the adult way and comparing info
betty

United States

#395 Feb 8, 2013
Maried wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn is that all you got. You don't know me so throwing around junk won't hurt me. I'm proud of who I am and what I have done, but thing is I can't prove to you I don't get benefits nor can I prove to you I have worked in the place for 9 years 7 of those years making $18 an hour nor can I prove that my husband is legal. But you know what I don't care. The people who matter in my life my boss, my family, my friends they know cuz they have seen me, worked with me, seen my house, my kid and my husband so until you have seen this with your own eyes I will just keep on yawning cuz that's all you got
You sound like a illegal and a kook!
Go back to your rathole, and stay there!
WE DON"T WANT YOU HERE, GET IT????
Maried

Houston, TX

#396 Feb 8, 2013
betty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn your proof I'm white yawn yawn
hitem

South Boston, VA

#398 Feb 8, 2013
betty wrote:
<quoted text>
10 to 1 I hit it right on the head

Some are “Sanctuary Cities” where politicians have decided it’s good for the community to encourage illegals to live. In such communities no one can ask for the country of origin, even if a crime as horrible as murder is committed. The sanctuaries permit 20 million illegals, drug smugglers, child sex rings, ID forgery networks, and an assortment of run of the mill criminals to live lawlessly inside the United States. They are provided with income, identification, driver’s licenses, credit, housing, education, and medical care at taxpayer expense.

As stated, it’s a $300 billion a year industry. That buys a lot of politicians. Along the Border States no one talks about it. And, no surprise, a lot of politicians do nothing to stop it. Our fear and their greed are destroying the American dream.
Maried

Bryant, AR

#399 Feb 8, 2013
hitem wrote:
<quoted text>
10 to 1 I hit it right on the head
Some are “Sanctuary Cities” where politicians have decided it’s good for the community to encourage illegals to live. In such communities no one can ask for the country of origin, even if a crime as horrible as murder is committed. The sanctuaries permit 20 million illegals, drug smugglers, child sex rings, ID forgery networks, and an assortment of run of the mill criminals to live lawlessly inside the United States. They are provided with income, identification, driver’s licenses, credit, housing, education, and medical care at taxpayer expense.
As stated, it’s a $300 billion a year industry. That buys a lot of politicians. Along the Border States no one talks about it. And, no surprise, a lot of politicians do nothing to stop it. Our fear and their greed are destroying the American dream.
20 million in only certain cities? Yet the government says that there are only 11 million living in the USA something doesn't sound right here
Maried

Houston, TX

#400 Feb 8, 2013
Last year, racial and ethnic minorities became a majority among babies ages 1 and younger for the first time in U.S. history.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22471...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Since: Feb 13

Harrisburg, AR

#401 Feb 8, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
Finally another person willing to cite their sources, and that source not an opinion article. More than that you are comparing statistics and actually thinking it out! However I think there is one angle you might not have considered, or maybe you have and kicked the idea out. If the latter is true fill me in. The list you went to were for wanted criminals. I am assuming not stating that most immigrants leave the country when they become wanted, so they are harder to catch. You know the oh now I will run back to my home country. So the people not originally from here stay on the list much longer than citizens. With time the list would become disproportional as they add in criminals at a somewhat proportional percentage but take off the list (due to capture) at an disproportional rate. Thoughts?
CRIMMIGRANTS

United States

#402 Feb 8, 2013
Maried wrote:
Last year, racial and ethnic minorities became a majority among babies ages 1 and younger for the first time in U.S. history.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22471...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
They reproduce like cockroaches and rats.
No surprise here. That is why every country they occupy turns into a SHlTHOLE.
Maried

Bryant, AR

#403 Feb 9, 2013
CRIMMIGRANTS wrote:
<quoted text>
New numbers released by the U.S. government on Tuesday show record-low birth rates in 2011: the general fertility rate (63.2 per 1,000 women ages 15 to 44) was the lowest ever recorded; the birth rate for teenagers ages 15 to 19 declined; birth rates for women ages 20 to 24 hit a record low; and rates for Hispanic and non-Hispanic black women dipped. Some birth rates remained unchanged, like those of women in their late 40s. Only women ages 35 to 39 and 40 to 44 are more likely to have babies now than in the past.

http://business.time.com/2012/10/04/why-the-f...

White people aren't having babies if it weren't for immigration would be a lot worse cuz people would retire and there would be more people retiring them what there is working so one day when you retire a cockroach is going to be supporting you :)
Married

Bryant, AR

#404 Feb 9, 2013
Rebekah_Neuenkirk wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally another person willing to cite their sources, and that source not an opinion article. More than that you are comparing statistics and actually thinking it out! However I think there is one angle you might not have considered, or maybe you have and kicked the idea out. If the latter is true fill me in. The list you went to were for wanted criminals. I am assuming not stating that most immigrants leave the country when they become wanted, so they are harder to catch. You know the oh now I will run back to my home country. So the people not originally from here stay on the list much longer than citizens. With time the list would become disproportional as they add in criminals at a somewhat proportional percentage but take off the list (due to capture) at an disproportional rate. Thoughts?
Finally somebody else here with some reason I think you and DEE DEE DEE are the only adults here thank you for pointing out my name I will try to fix it if it will let me. What do you think of the reform

Since: Feb 13

Little Rock, AR

#405 Feb 9, 2013
CRIMMIGRANTS wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.orkin.com/cockroaches/american-coc...

I was unable to find any statistical data comparing Latinos' reproduction rate and cockroaches/rat production rate. However, I did find this about roach reproduction citation noted above:
"After fertilization, a female American cockroach produces an egg case known as an ootheca. The female carries the ootheca on her abdomen for a short time, usually a day or two. After that, she deposits it in a warm humid location. Nymphs emerge within 38 days and complete their development within six to 12 months."

Rate reproduction with citation following:
"A pair of rats and their offspring could produce 1,500 more rats in only one year if they all survived. Rats breed at 3 to 5 months of age, carry their young for 21 to 33 days and have 6 to 12 young per litter, and 4 to 7 litters per year" http://ipm.ncsu.edu/AG369/notes/commensal_rod...

Now while I understand that within the human race we all vary slightly, I can't imagine that Latinos are that different. Or do you have some sort of study to back up your statement? Unless of course that was a hyperbole (find definition here: dictionary.reference.com/browse/hyperbole ). If in fact it was a hyperbole then your statement is moot point.

Finally, I would love to try and understand your view on how every country they move to turns ..... Do you have any links to facts about this?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min Into The Night 64,296
News Scientists accidentally admit rapid global warm... 1 hr Science V Propaga... 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 hr Justice Dale 243,087
News Drug companies sue to block California drug pri... Sat Solarman 1
Election Who are you voting for in the California Govern... (Oct '14) Sat REM 24
nanci pelosi bringing God's judgment on california Dec 8 upsidedown 3
News Man rescues rabbit from California wildfires, i... Dec 7 Solarman 1
More from around the web